SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Kumannaan qof oo isugu tagay garoonka Chapecoense December 3, 2016Tobannaan kun oo qof ayaa ka qeybgalaya xus ka dhacayo magaalada Chapeco ee dalka Brazil.
- Dowladda Suuriya oo qabsatay dhul hor leh December 3, 2016Ciidamda dowladda Suuriya iyo xulufadooda ayaa lagu soo waramayaa in ay qabsadeen degmo kale oo ku taala bariga magaalada Xalab.
- Cristiano Ronaldo oo lagu eedeeyay inuusan canshuur bixin December 3, 2016Qaar ka mid ah ciyaartoyda Real Madrid ayaa lagu eedeeyay inaysan bixin malaayiin dollar oo canshuuro ah.
- Shiinaha oo ka carooday wadahadal dhex maray Trump iyo madaxweynaha Taiwan December 3, 2016Shiinaha ayaa ka carooday wadahadal dhanka taleefoonka ah oo madaxweynaha la doortay ee dalka Mareykanka Donald Trump uu la yeeshay madaxweynaha Taiwan.
- Trump oo jabiyay siyaasadda Mareykanka kaddib markii uu toos ula hadlay Taiwan December 3, 2016Madaxweynaha la doortay ee Mareykanka, Donald Trump, ayaa jabiyay siyaasad Mareykanka u degsaneyd tobannaan sano kaddib markii uu la hadlay Madaxweynaha Taiwan Tsai Ing-wen, iyadoo ay taasi horseedi karto khilaaf ballaaran oo diblumaasiyadeed oo uu Shiinaha la galo.
- Madaxwaynaha Gambia oo qirtay in laga guulaystay December 2, 2016Gudoomiyaha guddiga doorashooyinka ee Gambia ayaa sheegay in Yahya Jammeh uu qirtay in lagaga guulaystay doorashadii Khamiistii dhacday.
- Yurub oo looga digay weerarro dheeri ah December 2, 2016Booliiska Yurub ee Europol ayaa ka digay in kooxda isugu yeerta Dawladda Islaamka ay macquul tahay in ay qorshaynayso in ay weerarro dheeri ah ku bartilmaameed sato Yurub, maadaama lagaga itaal roonaanayo Bariga Dhexe.
- Dhaqaalaha Itoobiya oo gaaray meeshii u hoosaysay muddo 10 sano ah December 2, 2016Dhaqaalaha Itoobiya ayaa hoos ugu soo dhacay boqolkiiba sideed intii u dhaxaysay 2015/2016 taas oo ah meeshii ugu hoosaysay muddo toban sano ah.
- Trump oo magacaabay wasiirkiisa gaashaandhiga December 2, 2016Isu soo baxii ugu horreeyay ee uu qabtay tan iyo markii uu ku guulaystay xilka madaxtinimada Mareykanka, ayuu Donald Trump kaga dhawaaqay in Janaraalka howlgabka ah ee James Mattis uu noqon doono Xoghayaha cusub ee gaashaandhiga.
- Maxkamad caddaysay in uu xaqdarro ahaa xukun dil ah oo la fuliyay 21 sano ka hor December 2, 2016Maxkamad ku taalla dalka Shiinaha ayaa waxba kama jiraan ku tilmaantay go'aan maxkamadeed oo lagu toogtay nin lagu eedeeyay in uu gabadh kufsaday ka dibna dilay muddo haatan 21 sano laga joogo.
- Macaluul soo wajahday woqooyiga Nigeria December 2, 2016Qaramda Midoobey ayaa ka digaysa in boqol kun oo qof oo u badan carruur ku nool woqooyiga dalka Nigeria ay halis ugu jiraan in sandka dambe ay u dhintaan gaajo.
- Francois Hollande oo aan xilka mar kale u tartami doonin December 2, 2016Madaxweynaha dalka Faransiiska Francois Hollande ayaa si lama filaan ah u shaaciyay in uusan mar kale u tartami doonin xilka madaxweynenimada.
- Magaalooyin waa weyn oo mamnuucaya gawaarida ku shaqeysa naaftada December 2, 2016Hogaamiyayaasha afar magaalo oo waa weyn oo caalamka ku yaal ayaa sheegay in ay joojin doonaan isticmaalka dhammaan gawaarida ku shaqeysa naaftada wixii loo gaaro 2025.
- Suudaanta Koonfureed oo laga baqayo in xasuuq uu ka dhaco December 1, 2016Guddi Qaramada Midoobay ayaa sheegay in isir-sifeyn ay ka socoto qaybo badan oo ka tirsan dalka Suudaanta Koofureed, loona baahan in beesha caalamku ay degdeg wax uga qabato si looga hortago inuu dhaco xasuuq la mid ah kii ka dhacay dalka Rwanda 1994.
- Kubada cagta: Boliiska Britain oo baaraya wiilal la fara xumeeyay December 1, 2016Boliiska Britain waxay sheegeen in ilaa 350 qof ay u soo baxeen si ay u sheegaan inay tacaddiyo galmo kala kulmeen naadiyada ciyaaraha kubbadda cagta.
- Midowga Yurub oo yaraynaya isticmaalka tamarta 30% sanadka markuu yahay 2030 December 1, 2016Guddiga Yurub ayaa sheegay inay qorshaynayaan dhimista isticmaalka tamarta ee waddamada Midowga Yurub 30% sanadka markuu yahay 2030.
- Shiinaha oo canshuurta ku kordhiyay gawaadhida ay dadka ladan gataan December 1, 2016Dawladda Shiinaha ayaa soo bandhigtay qorshe ay canshuurta ugu kordhinayso 10% gawaadhida qaaliga ah, kuwaas oo ay ku jiraan Ferrari, Bentley, Aston Martin and Rolls-Royce.
- Itoobiya oo xirtay hogaamiye mucaarad ah oo caan ah December 1, 2016Laamaha ammaanka ee dalka Itoobiya ayaa xiray Merera Gudina oo ah hogaamiye mucaarad oo caan ah.
- Xukuumadda Gaambiya oo jartay Internet-ka December 1, 2016Xukuumadda Gaambiya ayaa mamnuucday isticmaalka Internet-ka iyo telefoonnada dibadda, ayadoo dalkaas ay doorasho ka socoto. Saraakiisha ayaa sidoo kale mamnuucay in banaanbaxyo la sameeyo, si looga hortago in deganaansho la'aan ay dhacdo.
- Trump: Soomaaligii weerarka Ohio gaystay ma ahayn inuu dalka joogo November 30, 2016Madaxweynaha la doortay ee Mareykanka, Donald Trump ayaa sheegay in ninkii Soomaaliga ee dhowrka qof ku dhaacaway jaamacad ku taalla Ohio ka hor inta aan isaga la toogan uu ahaa qaxooti aan mudneyn inuu markii horaba dalka sii joogo.
- Kumannaan qof oo isugu tagay garoonka Chapecoense December 3, 2016
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia’s silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year’s Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- Hillary Clinton oo ka hadashay midnimada Somaliya (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Sweden: Aabo ka Hadley Dilka Wiilashiisa December 3, 2016Aabaha Laba wiil oo Soomaali ah oo xalay toogasho lagu dilay magaalada Stockholm ee caasimadda Sweden oo wareysi gaar ah VOA-da siiyey ayaa sheegey faahfaahinta dhacdada.
- Puntland oo Ka Hadashay Howlgalka Ciidan ee Qandala December 3, 2016Mas’uuliyiinta maamul goboleedka Puntland ayaa markii ugu horraysay ka hadlay hawlgalka milatari ee ka dhanka ah maleeshiyada taabcsan ururka Daacish ee muddada 37-ka maalmood ah gacanta ku haysa magaalada Qandala ee gobolka Bari.
- Labo Soomaali ah oo Lagu Dilay Sweden December 3, 2016Labo wiil oo Soomaali ah ayaa lagu dilay magaalada Stockholm ee dalka Sweden, iyada oo la sheegay in dadka dilka geystay ay ahaayeen kuwo wajiga soo duubtay
- Martida: Sh. Cabduraxmaan Sh. Muxyadiin Celi December 3, 2016Barnaamijka Martida Mikrofoonka ee toddobaadkan waxa marti ku ah Martida: Sh. Cabduraxmaan Sh. Muxyadiin Celi oo ka mid ah culumada Suufiyada, waxana uu barnaamijka ka qeyb galayaa isaga oo jooga dadlka Sweden
- Barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha December 3, 2016Barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha ee toddobaadkan waxa inala socodsiinaya Falastiin Axmed Iimaan iyo Ibrahim Xasan Maxamuud (Daanduray)
- Barnaamijkii Cawayska Washington December 3, 2016Haatanna ku dhowaada barnaamijkii Cawayska Washington oo aad ku maqli doontaan sheekooyin xiiso leh, waxaa innala socodsiinaysa Caasha Ibraahin Aadan
- Maraykanka iyo Ruushka oo ka Wada-hadlaya Xaaladda Syria December 3, 2016Maraykanka iyo Ruushka ayaa haatan baadi-goobaya jidad cusub oo looga gudbi karo is-mari-waaga diplomaasiyadeed ee dhexyaalla Maraykanka iyo Ruushka ee ku aaddan habka loo joojinayo dagaalka magaalada Xalab ee dalka Syria, sidaana waxaa laga soo xigtay Xoghayaha Arrimaha Debedda Maraykanka.
- Cabdirisaaq Cali Cartan oo Lagu Aasay Columbus December 2, 2016Cabdirisaaq Cali Cartan oo ah nin Soomaali ah oo lagu tuhunsan yahay inuu ka dambeeyey weerarkii Isniintii ka dhacay Jaamacadda Ohio State University ayaa shalay lagu aasay magaalada Columbus.
- Sharmaarke: Waxaa Loo Baahan Yahay Isbeddel December 2, 2016Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya Cumar Cabdirashiid Cali Sharmarke ayaa sheegay in dalka Soomaaliya uu u baahan yahay isbeddel dhinaca hoggaanka ah.
- Wareysi: Buugga Dimuqraaddiyaddii Ugu Horeysay ee Afrika December 2, 2016Buugga Dimuquraadiyiintii ugu horeeyey ee Afrika, waxaa qorey Professor Cabdi Ismaciil Samatar oo madax ka qaybta Juquraafiga, Bay'ada iyo Bulshada ee Jaamacadda Minnesota.
- Ciidamada Puntland oo ku Dhowaaday Qandala December 2, 2016Wararka ka imanaya Gobolka Bari ee Mamaul Goboleedka Puntland ayaa sheegaya in ciidamada maamulku ay kusii dhowaanayaan magaalada Qandala oo dabayaaqadii bishii October ay qabsadeen maleeshiyada ururka Daacish taabacsan.
- Faaqidaadda: Maxaa Sababa Xagjirnimada? December 2, 2016Toddobaadkii tagay ayaa wiil Soomaali ah waxa uu weerar ka fuliyey Jaamacadda Ohio State ee ku taalla magaalada Columbus ee gobolka Ohio ee dalka Mareykanka. Arrintan ayaa walaac ku abuurtay dadka Soomaalida ah iyo kuwa muslimiinta Mareykanka oo ka cabsanaya Islaam naceybka ay arrintan sii kordhin karto. Haddaba barnaamijka faaqidadda toddobaadka waxaan ku e […]
- Daraasad Laga Sameeyey Abaaraha Soomaaliya December 2, 2016Xarunta Daraasaadka Siyaasiga ah ee CPA oo warbixin ka qortay arrimaha abaaraha soo noqnoqda ayaa sheegtay inay jirto qorshe xumo ku aaddan sida wax looga qabanayo abaaraha ka jira dhulka Soomaalida.
- Muslimiinta Jakarta oo ka Dibadbaxaya Barasaab Kirishtan Ah December 2, 2016Tobanaan kun oo dibadbaxayaal ah ayaa isugu soo ururay caasimadda dalka Indonesia ayaga oo dalbanaya in lasoo xiro barasaabka Jakarta.
- Puntland oo Eedeyasay Dowladda Federaalka December 2, 2016Maamulka Puntland ayaa sheegay in la dhinac maray heshiiskii Madasha ay horay uga gareen arrimaha doorashooyinka.
- Xiisad ka Dhalatay Doorashada oo ka Taagan Baydhaba December 1, 2016Xaaladda magaalada Baydhaba ee gobolka Baay ayaa kacsaneyd 24-kii saac ee la soo dhaafay, kadib markii xiisad ay ka dhalatay doorashada Aqalka Hoose.
- Guddoomiyaha Jalalaqsi oo Dil ka Badbaaday December 1, 2016Guddoomiyaha degmada Jalalaqsi ee gobolka Hiiraan Maxamed Cabdulle Fiidow ayaa ka bad-baaday isku day dil kadib markii maleeshiyo ay ku weerareen gaadiid uu la socday meel u dhow degmadaas.
- Maalinta AIDS-ka oo Laga Xusay Somaliland December 1, 2016Waxaa xuska ka qayb galay mas’uuliyiin ka socda dawladda, dadka xanuunkan la nool, hay'adaha caawiya iyo ururada bulshada.
- Trump Oo Iska Wareejinaya Hantidiisa December 1, 2016Madaxweynaha la doortay ee Mareykanka Donald Trump ayaa sheegay inuu faraha kala baxayo ganacsigiisa si uu oga fogaado inay is-qabtaan dantiisa iyo tan dalka, marka xukunka uu la wareego 20-ka bisha January ee sanadda 2017.
- Dadka Gambia oo Dooranaya Madaxweyne Cusub December 1, 2016Dadka reer Gambia ayaa maanta u dareeray goobaha codbixinta doorashada madaxweyne, halkaasi oo madaxweynaha talada haya Yahya Jammeh oo xukunka hayey tan iyo sanaddii 1994-kii uu markii shanaad ordayo.
- Sweden: Aabo ka Hadley Dilka Wiilashiisa December 3, 2016
- Obama to Give Last Counterterrorism Speech in Florida December 4, 2016President Obama will give his final speech about U.S. counterterrorism strategy Tuesday at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida, the White House announced. The base is the headquarters for the U.S. Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command, the units in charge of Special Operations elements of the Army, Navy and Air Force. Obama plans to meet w […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Pakistan Opposition Politicians Slam Hard-line Cleric’s Provincial Win December 4, 2016Pakistani opposition political parties are expressing outrage after a hard-line cleric of a banned terror group with links to the Taliban and al-Qaida won a legislative seat in the country’s most populous province. “Rest in pieces National Action Plan,” Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, chairman of the Pakistan People’s Party and son of slain Pakistani Prime Minister […]email@example.com (Noor Zahid)
- Rebel Commander: Aleppo Fighters Will Not Surrender Eastern Sector December 4, 2016Syrian rebel commanders in war-ravaged Aleppo say they will not surrender the city's eastern sector to Russia-backed government forces, despite a government offensive that threatens to drive out opposition fighters after a four-year occupation. "I asked the factions. They said, 'We will not surrender,' " said commander Zakaria Malahi […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- US Veterans, Tribal Elders Discuss Joint Efforts in Blocking Oil Pipeline December 4, 2016U.S. military veterans spoke with tribal leaders on Saturday about their shared interest in blocking a multibillion-dollar pipeline project near a Native American reservation, with as many as 3,500 veterans joining protests at the site. Veterans Stand for Standing Rock members aim to form a human barrier in front of police to assist thousands of activists wh […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Some Republicans Applaud Trump Call With Taiwan December 4, 2016President-elect Donald Trump's telephone call with Taiwan's president on Friday broke decades of U.S. diplomatic policy in the region and brought a quick objection by China, but several Republican members of Congress have applauded Trump's decision to accept the call. "I would much rather have Donald Trump talking to President Tsai [Ing-w […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Green Party Drops Bid for Statewide Pennsylvania Recount December 4, 2016Green Party-backed voters dropped a court case Saturday night that had sought to force a statewide recount of Pennsylvania's Nov. 8 presidential election, won by Republican Donald Trump, in what Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein had framed as an effort to explore whether voting machines and systems had been hacked and the election result man […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Fidel Castro's Ashes Arrive in Santiago de Cuba to a Rally December 3, 2016At a memorial for former leader Fidel Castro, Cuban President Raul Castro told tens of thousands gathered in Santiago de Cuba Saturday that the government will honor his brother’s wish that no statues or public places be named after him. Fidel Castro died November 25 at age 90. His ashes will be entombed near the remains of Cuba’s independence hero Jose Mart […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Fidel Castro: Dictator, Revolutionary Remembered December 3, 2016Former Cuban President Fidel Castro is dead at the age of 90. His communist government survived a U.S.-backed invasion of Cuban exiles, a superpower missile crisis, assassination plots and decades of U.S. economic sanctions. But Castro lived long enough to see Washington announce the re-establishment of full diplomatic relations with Havana and the subsequen […]
- Will South Korea-Japan Intelligence Deal Change Status Quo? December 3, 2016An intelligence-sharing deal between South Korea and Japan allows the two countries to bypass the United States as they work together to combat the growing threat of North Korea's nuclear and missile programs. The deal was signed last week and went into effect immediately. Rodger Baker, vice president of strategic analysis at Stratfor, a geopolitical in […]email@example.com (Steve Miller)
- Is a New 'Brexit' Bubbling in Italy? December 3, 2016Italy’s December 4 referendum could be an indicator for whether it will be the next country to exit the EU.firstname.lastname@example.org (Charles Recknagel, RFE)
- Army Sergeant Accused of Desertion Asks Obama for Pardon December 3, 2016A U.S. Army sergeant and former prisoner of war accused of endangering fellow troops by abandoning his post in Afghanistan has asked President Barack Obama to pardon him before leaving office next month. If granted, the clemency request by lawyers for Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, first reported Friday by The New York Times, would avert a court-martial set for Apr […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Kerry Congratulates Barrow, Gambia on Successful Election December 3, 2016U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday congratulated Gambia and its new president-elect, Adama Barrow, on the country's first democratic presidential election, calling it "a new era in The Gambia." Barrow handily defeated Gambia's president of more than 22 years, Yahya Jammeh, in the election Thursday, and Jammeh vowed to relinqui […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Mayor of Town That Lost Carrier Jobs Invites Trump to Visit December 3, 2016President-elect Donald Trump’s deal with U.S. manufacturer Carrier to keep nearly 1,000 jobs in the U.S. is a loss for Lion Santa Catarina, Mexico, where Carrier had planned to move more of its operations. The mayor of Lion Santa Catarina, Hector Castillo, spoke with VOA about the decision and invited Trump to visit.
- Ghana Electoral Commission Assures Problem-free Second Round of Special Voting December 3, 2016Ghana's electoral commission on Sunday will hold a second special early voting period for citizens who encountered trouble Thursday when they tried to cast ballots in the first one. The early voting period was scheduled to allow those who work on Election Day, December 7 — security forces, electoral officers and journalists — to cast ballots. But many p […]email@example.com (Francisca Kakra Forson)
- With Friendly Phone Call, Trump Wades Into Fraught South Asia Politics December 3, 2016On the campaign trail this year, Donald Trump had harsh words for Pakistan. “These are not friends of ours,” Trump the candidate said at one point, referring to Pakistan and China. “And we’re going to probably have to deal with them a lot differently than we thought.” President-elect Trump expressed a much different view this week. During a congratula […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Masood Farivar)
- Fire at Party Kills at Least Nine in California December 3, 2016A fire that raced through an Oakland, California, warehouse converted into artist studios late Friday killed at least nine people, and officials said Saturday that the toll could rise as high as 40. Oakland Fire Chief Teresa Deloche-Reed said at least 25 people were unaccounted for in what authorities were calling the most deadly building fire in the city in […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Somalia Security Forces and IS Fighters Directly Clash for First Time December 3, 2016Somali regional forces in Puntland have clashed with pro-Islamic State militants in the country's northeast in the first-ever military confrontation between security forces and pro-Islamic State fighters. Local sources told VOA that today’s fighting occurred near Bashashin village, just 50km west of Qandala after the regional troops were halted by landm […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Harun Maruf)
- Columbus Mosque Focuses on Online Extremism, Radicalization After Ohio Attack December 3, 2016Friday’s sermon at the largest Somali-run mosque in Columbus, Ohio, has focused on online extremism, radicalization and the relationship between Somali parents and their children in response to the recent Ohio State University attacks. “We chose our Friday sermon this week to address issues that concern our community, the challenges they are facing as a resu […]email@example.com (Mohamed Olad)
- DRC Political Talks Break Down December 3, 2016Political talks mediated by the Catholic Church have suffered a major setback with the withdrawal of the president’s supporters in the Democratic Republic of Congo. For more than a month, the National Episcopal Conference of Congo, the influential body with represents the Catholic Church, has been working to avoid a crisis in the DRC. The institution, known […]firstname.lastname@example.org (William Clowes)
- Presidential Commission Warns of Cyber Threats Facing Next Administration December 3, 2016A U.S. presidential commission on Friday called on the incoming administration to immediately take steps to enhance cybersecurity in both the private and public sector. The Commission on Enhancing National Cyber Security, which includes 12 non-partisan experts in technology and computer security, presented a report to U.S. President Barack Obama with several […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Obama to Give Last Counterterrorism Speech in Florida December 4, 2016
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Somalia Security Forces and IS Fighters Directly Clash for First Time - Voice of America December 3, 2016Voice of AmericaSomalia Security Forces and IS Fighters Directly Clash for First TimeVoice of AmericaSomali regional forces in Puntland have clashed with pro-Islamic State militants in the country's northeast in the first-ever military confrontation between security forces and pro-Islamic State fighters. Local sources told VOA that today's fighting […]
- From Somalia to US: Ohio State Attacker's Path to Violence - New York Times December 2, 2016New York TimesFrom Somalia to US: Ohio State Attacker's Path to ViolenceNew York TimesAbdul Razak Artan lived in Pakistan after fleeing Somalia. Credit Sara Farid for The New York Times. COLUMBUS, Ohio — The young refugee smiled broadly as he accepted his associate degree from a local community college less than seven months ago, ...Ohio State Attacker […]
- Somalia: Shelter Cluster Factsheet, October 2016 - ReliefWeb December 3, 2016ReliefWebSomalia: Shelter Cluster Factsheet, October 2016ReliefWebKeeping in view the Cluster Objectives, UNHCR Somalia aims to contribute to the protection of displaced people, including those affected by natural hazards through the provision of NFIs and Emergency shelter and to Improve the living conditions of the ...
- Hybrid Wars: The Horn Of Africa, the Scramble for Somalia; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Color Revolutions? - Center for Research on Globalization December 3, 2016Center for Research on GlobalizationHybrid Wars: The Horn Of Africa, the Scramble for Somalia; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Color Revolutions?Center for Research on GlobalizationThe major domestic factor that defines Somalia's geopolitical future is its implementation of federalism, which in its particular context amounts to Institutionalized Warlordism throughou […]
- Britain pours YOUR money into Somalia despite 'certain' risk it will be stolen by ISIS - Daily Mail December 3, 2016Daily MailBritain pours YOUR money into Somalia despite 'certain' risk it will be stolen by ISISDaily MailThe Government is pumping more than half a billion pounds of aid into war-torn Somalia – despite accepting there is 'certain' risk of funds being diverted by terrorist groups such as Islamic State and al-Shabaab. The revelation comes […]
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak Kills Four Children in Central Somalia - AllAfrica.com December 3, 2016Somalia: Cholera Outbreak Kills Four Children in Central SomaliaAllAfrica.comA watery diarrhea outbreak has claimed the lives of four Somali kids in Bulo-Burde town in Hiiraan province over the past few hours, according to medics. Scores of children who were infected by the disease have been admitted in an emergency temporary ...
- Somalia: Urgent scale-up of humanitarian assistance needed amid severe drought - Reliefweb December 2, 2016ReliefwebSomalia: Urgent scale-up of humanitarian assistance needed amid severe droughtReliefwebNairobi, 2 December 2016 — The Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia, Peter de Clercq, today made an urgent appeal for humanitarian assistance amid worsening drought conditions that have left hundreds of thousands of Somalis facing severe food and ...Already overst […]
- Presidential elections in Somalia postponed... again! - RFI December 2, 2016RFIPresidential elections in Somalia postponed... again!RFIPresidential elections in Somalia, which were due on Wednesday November 30th, have been postponed for the third time. The federal government says the elections will now be held by the end of December. Presidential elections in Somalia do not conform ...altro »
- Fencing of Kenya-Somalia border by KDF on course - Daily Nation - Daily Nation December 2, 2016Daily NationFencing of Kenya-Somalia border by KDF on course - Daily NationDaily NationKDF personnel inspect the ongoing fencing of the Kenya-Somalia border in Mandera County. Governor Ali Roba lauded the progress made in two months.altro »
- In Somalia, better education alone is not enough to challenge extremism - Devex December 2, 2016DevexIn Somalia, better education alone is not enough to challenge extremismDevexBetter education and vocational training are not enough to steer young people in Somalia away from radical and violent groups such as al-Shabab. Instead they must be combined with opportunities to take part in community and civic projects in order to ...altro »
- Somalia Security Forces and IS Fighters Directly Clash for First Time - Voice of America December 3, 2016
- 15 Years Behind Bars in Eritrea
- Kenya Is Abandoning Somali Refugees
- Provide Genuine Refuge to World’s Displaced
- Q&A: The Case of Hissène Habré before the Extraordinary African Chambers in Senegal
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets
- Senegal: Dictator on Trial
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins
- Daniel Bekele
- Peter Bouckaert
- Zama Coursen-Neff
- Critics say Trump's call with Taiwan may alter decades of foreign policy December 3, 2016Call was first publicly known between US and Taiwan leaders since 1979Trump’s Taiwan phone call preceded by hotel development inquiryThe political fallout from Donald Trump’s phone call with Taiwanese president Tsai Ing-wen continued on Saturday, as critics said the president-elect could be paving the way to an alteration of decades of US foreign policy. Rel […]Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington
- The grim truth of Chinese factories producing the west’s Christmas toys December 4, 2016Undercover investigation by China Labor Watch exposes low wages, hazardous chemicals and overtime beyond legal limitsXiao Fang thinks she’s one of the luckier workers making Barbie dolls for the Christmas market at the Mattel toy factory in Chang’an.True, she says, she works 11-hour days, six days a week, and shares a dormitory with nine other women and gets […]Gethin Chamberlain
- The trolling of Elon Musk: how US conservatives are attacking green tech December 4, 2016Electric-car evangelist is the target of concerted negative online campaign linked to influential rightwing networkHe is the charismatic Silicon Valley entrepreneur who believes his many companies - including the electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors, solar power firm Solar City, and SpaceX, which makes reusable space rockets – can help resist man-made clim […]Jamie Doward
- Austria’s worried Jews pray far right will fail to win presidency December 3, 2016Holocaust survivor among those warning against voting for Norbert Hofer of the Freedom partyAs Austrians vote for their next president on Sunday, many will be cheering on Norbert Hofer, the rightwing populist, in the belief that he represents a break with his party’s national socialist roots.With a boyish smile and six years of experience as a rhetoric coach […]Philip Oltermann in Vienna
- Oakland 'Ghost Ship' warehouse had history of violations before deadly fire December 3, 2016At least nine and ‘maybe a couple dozen’ people dead after blazeCity records show citations, charge of ‘illegal interior building structure’Former resident says she reported building to fire marshal in 2014An Oakland warehouse in which a fire killed at least nine people had a history of violations and complaints, city records show. A police spokesman said “m […]Sam Levin and Alan Yuhas in Oakland
- Italy referendum defeat would complete Matteo Renzi's rapid downfall December 3, 2016After taking office with hopes of enacting change, the PM has failed to gain the trust of voters who see politics as a scapegoatWhen Matteo Renzi strode into the Italian prime minister’s residence of Palazzo Chigi 34 months ago, having outmanoeuvred the old guard in his party to become the country’s leader, he was widely regarded as Italy’s last best hope.Th […]Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Pontassieve
- UN to pursue further inquiry into death of Dag Hammarskjöld December 3, 2016General Assembly to pass resolution recognising need to investigate death of former general secretary who died in 1961 plane crashWhat caused the 1961 plane crash that killed former UN secretary general Dag Hammarskjöld? A Swedish-led UN inquiry the following year concluded that the plane, the Albertina, had crashed in northern Rhodesia (now Zambia) as a res […]Jamie Doward
- Syrian forces seize control of more than half of Aleppo December 3, 2016UN envoy warns of terrible battle for full control of city from which tens of thousands have fled under heavy bombingSyrian government forces have taken control of more than half of Aleppo’s rebel districts after fierce bombardments and ground advances forced tens of thousands to flee.The UN envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, said on Saturday he anticipate […]Emma Graham-Harrison
- Hi-tech replica to bring prehistoric art of Lascaux within reach December 3, 2016£48m recreation of French caves will let visitors experience magic of the ‘prehistoric Sistine chapel’ for first time in decadesIn the Dordogne village of Montignac sur Vézère, the story of how one boy and his dog discovered one of the most haunting examples of prehistoric art has gone down in local folklore.On 8 September 1940, Marcel Ravidat’s black-and-wh […]Kim Willsher
- Kinder Morgan pipeline: Canadians intensify huge opposition to expansion December 3, 2016Trudeau’s approval of project some find analogous to Standing Rock incited thousands of activists, politicians and First Nations members to increase actionOpponents of a contentious Canadian pipeline project are preparing for a lengthy, multifaceted battle that will see thousands take to the country’s streets, courts and legislatures to contest the governmen […]Ashifa Kassam in Toronto
- Aung San Suu Kyi accuses international community of stoking unrest in Myanmar December 3, 2016Leader says outsiders are ‘concentrating on the negative side’ of what the UN and Malaysia claim is ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya Muslim minorityMyanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi accused the international community on Friday of stoking resentment between Buddhists and Muslims in the country’s northwest, where an army crackdown has killed at least 86 people […]Reuters
- Revealed: the new face of Neil Prakash, Australia's most wanted Isis member December 2, 2016Exclusive: new details and photographs emerge of the accused terrorist captured by security services in Turkey The first photographs have emerged of Australian senior Isis member, Neil Prakash, following his capture and imprisonment in Turkey.The photographs obtained by the Guardian show the accused terrorist with a face that has thinned noticeably since he […]Martin Chulov in Beirut, Ceren Kenar, and Paul Farrell in Sydney
- Climate scientists condemn article claiming global temperatures are falling December 3, 2016A Republican-led panel promoted a misleading tabloid story alleging earth may not be warming, relying on data that leaves out important points of contextClimate scientists have denounced the House committee on science, space and technology after the Republican-held panel promoted a misleading story expressing skepticism that the earth is dangerously warming. […]Alan Yuhas
- South Korean president Park Geun-Hye to face impeachment vote December 3, 2016The motion, backed by 171 lawmakers in the 300-seat legislature, will be put to a vote in the National Assembly on FridaySouth Korea’s opposition parties have filed an impeachment motion against scandal-hit president Park Geun-Hye as a fresh weekly protest was expected to draw a million protesters, organisers said.The motion, backed by 171 lawmakers in the 3 […]Agence France-Presse
- 'We got this': Africans call on western donors to trust them on FGM December 3, 2016More than 200 donors, policy makers and FGM experts joined senate minority leader Harry Reid at Washington DC summitA Kenyan expert pleaded with delegates at a US summit on female genital mutilation (FGM) on Friday not to waste any more time sending white men and consultants to Africa “to tell us how to stop this”.“I am a village girl but I have a university […]Maggie O'Kane and Claire Daly
- Bodies of Chapecoense players killed in plane crash returned to Brazil December 3, 2016Coffins of football team, supporters and journalists who lost lives met by Brazilian president Michel Temer at Chapeco airportThe bodies of the football team killed when their plane crashed in Colombia earlier this week have been returned to Brazil.Many of the 71 victims were players or supporters of the Chapecoense football team, which had chartered the pla […]Chris Johnston and agencies
- 'What he did was mass murder': little sympathy for Colombia plane crash pilot December 3, 2016Miguel Quiroga’s father-in-law asked for forgiveness, as flight plan revealed inadequate fuel reserve for journey that killed most of a Brazilian football teamThe father-in-law of the pilot who was operating the charter flight which crashed in the Andes killing 71 people, has asked for forgiveness, amid growing evidence that the aeroplane embarked with barel […]Dom Phillips in Rio de Janeiro
- Iceland's Pirate party invited to form government December 2, 2016Anti-establishment group receives mandate for power-sharing pact after talks to build five-party coalition fail Iceland’s president has invited the anti-establishment Pirate party to form a government, after the right- and leftwing parties failed in their bids.Guðni Jóhannesson made the announcement on Friday after meeting with the head of the Pirate’s parli […]Agence France-Presse in Reykjavik
- Brand new leader, same old autocracy as Uzbeks go to polls December 2, 2016Shavkat Mirziyoyev expected to continue Islam Karimov’s iron-fisted rule in Uzbekistan, which has no free press or oppositionUzbeks will elect a new leader for the first time in more than 25 years on Sunday. Just don’t expect a Trump-like upset.About 18 million people are eligible to vote for a successor to Islam Karimov, the long-time dictator who died in S […]Joanna Lillis in Tashkent
- Donald Trump serves up clumsiness, inexperience and realpolitik in Asia | Nick Bisley December 4, 2016President-elect’s recent actions in the region indicate he is content to break with Washington orthodoxy even as it comes with real risksIn three phone calls with key Asian leaders this week, Donald Trump has once again upended expectations. We may now indeed have a radical break in the US approach to the region.The first of these, with Nawaz Sharif from Pak […]Nick Bisley
- Critics say Trump's call with Taiwan may alter decades of foreign policy December 3, 2016
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- Gambia's Adama Barrow says shock win heralds 'new hope' December 2, 2016Property developer Adama Barrow says his shock win of the Gambian poll heralds new hope for the country.
- Nigeria beat Cameroon to win the 2016 women's Africa Cup of Nations December 3, 2016Nigeria win the women's Africa Cup of Nations for an eighth time after a 1-0 win over hosts Cameroon in front of a capacity 40,000 crowd in Yaounde.
- Manchester City's Yaya Toure on drink driving charge December 3, 2016Manchester City footballer Yaya Toure is charged with drink driving, police confirm.
- Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: 'We survived militants but face starvation' December 2, 2016Up to 120,000 people risk starving to death amid the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria, the UN warns.
- Libya: Rival militias in deadly clashes in Tripoli December 2, 2016Rival militias battle each other in Libya's capital Tripoli in the heaviest fighting for two years.
- Didier Drogba charity cleared of fraud but may have 'misled' donors December 2, 2016An investigation into a charity run by former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba finds "no evidence of fraud or corruption" but says it may have "misled" donors.
- South Sudan conflict: UN warns of 'ethnic cleansing' December 1, 2016Ethnic cleansing is taking place in South Sudan, a UN panel says, warning of possible genocide.
- Ghana's self-taught skincare entrepreneur December 4, 2016Israella Kafui-Mansu gives the BBC a guided tour of her organic beauty business.
- Gambia's Yahya Jammeh: The rise and fall of an African strongman December 2, 2016As Gambia's Yahya Jammeh suffers shock defeat in elections, a look back at his controversial 22-year rule.
- The Gambia election: 'I never knew freedom until today' December 2, 2016Opposition supporters give their reaction to news that Yahya Jammeh, The Gambia's president of 22 years, has been defeated in elections by property developer, Adama Barrow.
- Hunter Mitchell raised thousands of dollars to save Osita the rhino. December 2, 2016Hunter Mitchell raised thousands of dollars to save Osita the rhino.
- 'Weakness is a choice' - disabled bodybuilder in South Africa December 2, 2016Caleb Mutombo was born severely disabled and weighs less than 40kg but is a successful bodybuilder in South Africa.
- 100 Women 2016: Zoleka Mandela on her troubled past and battling cancer December 2, 2016Zoleka Mandela wishes her grandfather was still alive to see her putting her life back together.
- Gabon appoint Spaniard Jose Antonio Camacho as new coach December 2, 2016Former Spain boss Jose Antonio Camacho is appointed Gabon coach, just over a month before they will host the Nations Cup.
- Roma's Mohamed Salah an injury concern for Egypt ahead of Nations Cup December 2, 2016Egypt international Mohamed Salah suffers ankle ligament damage while training for his club Roma, just over a month before the Nations Cup.
- Kennedy Gondwe: The MP who was excommunicated over HIV November 30, 2016Princess Kasune is one of Zambia's most outspoken Aids activists and was recently elected to become its first publicly known HIV-positive MP.
- Piers Edwards: African footballers battle abuse and poor pay November 29, 2016A major survey into global football shows that African footballers are often subjected to abuse, poor pay and job insecurity.
- Shingai Nyoka: The Zimbabweans who've never had a shower November 26, 2016Taps seize to flow as water shortage hits Zimbabwe's capital, Harare.
- 'Extravagant grannies...' November 2, 2016This year's Lagos Photo Festival in Nigeria brings together well-known photographers and their take on identity in Africa.
- Concrete canvas October 25, 2016After nearly three years of war, South Sudanese artists want to get the country thinking and talking about peace, and have landed on a novel way to do it.
- Gambia's Adama Barrow says shock win heralds 'new hope' December 2, 2016
- Gambians Celebrate Defeat of Longtime President December 3, 2016
- Gambia’s President, in Power 22 Years, Loses Election December 2, 2016
- Mont Péko Journal: Ousting Squatter Farmers to Save Forest, Ivory Coast Sets Off New Crisis December 1, 2016
- Gambians Choose Between Ruler of 22 Years and a United Opposition December 2, 2016
- One of World’s Most Wanted Hashish Smugglers Arrested in Morocco December 1, 2016
- Ousmane Sow, Sculptor of Larger-Than-Life Figures, Dies at 81 December 2, 2016
- Tunisia Seeks Foreign Investment to Cement Democratic Gains November 30, 2016
- Gambia’s Leader Vowed to Rule for a Billion Years. A Vote Will Test That. November 30, 2016
- Trilobites: Study Suggests 3.2 Million-Year-Old Lucy Spent a Lot of Time in Trees November 30, 2016
- A.N.C. Rejects Calls for Jacob Zuma to Quit South African Presidency November 29, 2016