SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- "Muqdisho ma niyad jabin" October 19, 2017Isgotska Soobe waxaa ka bilowday dayactir lagu sameynayo wadada iyo dhismayaashii ku burburiyay qarixii shan maalmood ka hor ka dhacay halkaas.
- Qarixii Soobe: Farmaajo oo todobo arrimood u sheegay Soomaalida October 19, 2017Qodobada ugu muhiimsan ee Madaxweyne Farmaajo uu kala hadlay Soomaalida, halkan ka akhriso.
- Buug cusub oo laga qoray madaxtinimadii Nelson Mandela October 19, 2017Waxaa lasoo saaray buug cusub oo laga qoray madaxweynihii hore ee Koonfur Afrika Nelson Mandela, gaar ahaan shanti sano ee uu madaxweynaha ka ahaa dalkaas.
- Gobol ku yaalla Canada oo meelaha qaar ka mamnuucay indho-shareerka October 19, 2017Gobol ka tirsan Canada ayaa meel mariyay sharci dhexdhexaadnimada diinta ah oo lagu muransan yahay kaas oo dadka ka mamnuucaya inay xirtaan indho-shareerka, marka ay bixinayaan ama ay helayaan adeegyada bulshada.
- Lamaane Tunuusiya loogu xiray in ay is dhunkadeen October 19, 2017Maxkamadda racfaanka ee dalka Tunuusiya ayaa ayidday xukun anshax xumo bulshada lagu dhex sameeyay ah oo lagu riday lamaane gaari isku dhex dhunkaday bishii Sabtembar.
- Saxafi mise sirdoon ? October 19, 2017Wuxuu ahaa saxafi caan ah balse dowladda Algeria ayaa xirtay kuna eedeysay in uu gudbiyay sir xasaasi ah
- Waa tee magaalada ay khatarta ugu badan kala kulmaan haweenka? October 19, 2017Caasimadda dalka Masar ee Qaahira ayaa lagu sheegay inay tahay magaalada ugu khatarta badan ee ay halisaha kala kulmaan haweenka.
- Hogaamiyaha Catalonia oo jawab adag laga sugayo October 19, 2017Hogaamiyaha gobolka Catalonia, Carles Puigdemont waxaa soo foodsaaray wakhtigii kama dambaysta ahaa ee loo qabtay si uu uga laabto dalabka madaxbannaanida.
- Maraykanka oo Hindiya ammaanay Shiinahana u digay October 19, 2017Xoghayaha arrimaha dibadda ee Maraykanka Rex Tillerson ayaa sheegay in Marayku uu doonayo in uu sii xoojiyo xiriirka uu la leeyahay Hindiya iyadoo uu sare u sii kacoyo galaangalka uu Shiinuhu ku leeyahay Aasiya.
- Ugu yaraan 43 askari oo lagu dilay Afghanistan October 19, 2017Saraakiisha dalka Afghanistan ayaa sheegay in ay ugu yaraan 43 askari ku dhinteen weerar ay Taliban ku qaaday saldhig milatari oo ku yaalla gobolka Kandahar.
- Dibad baxyo ka dhacay Togo oo ay dad ku dhinteen October 19, 2017Ugu yaraan 4 qof ayaaa ku dhimatay dibadbaxyadii ugu dambeeyay oo looga soo horjeedo dolwada kuwaasi oo ka dhacay dalka Togo
- Maraykanka oo Fatax ugu baaqay in ay hubka dhigaan October 19, 2017Dawladda Maraykanka ayaa ururka Xamaas ugu baaqay in ay waajib tahay in uu hubka dhigo haddii uu doonayo in uu door ka ciyaaro dawladd barlamaaneedka cusub.
- Ayatollah Cali Khamenei oo weerar afka ah ku qaaday madaxwayne Trump October 18, 2017Hogaamiyaha ruuxiga ah ee Iran ayaa difaacay heshiiskii Niyukleerka ee Iiraan ay la gashay quwadaha waawayn.
- Farmaajo: Dagaalka Al-Shabaab aan u midowno October 18, 2017Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya, Maxamed Cabdullahi Farmaajo ayaa la hadlay boqollaal qof oo isugu soo baxay magaalada Muqdisho.
- Shaki hareeyay qabashada doorashada ku celiska ah ee Kenya October 18, 2017Waxaa shaki wayn uu hareeyay u diyaar garowg qabashada doorashada ku celiska ah ee dalka Kenya
- Qoysaska wali raadinaya raqda iyo ruuxda dadkooda October 18, 2017Bog Facebook laga sameeyay ayaa gacan ka gaysanaya in la aqoonsado dadka la dilay iyo kuwa wali lagu la ya'yahay weerarkii argagixiso ee ugu xumaa ee Soomaaliya ka dhaca muddo toban sano ka badan.
- Wabiga adduunka ugu dheer oo soo cimri gaabanaya October 18, 2017Biyaha sii gabaabsanaya ee wabiga Niilka-ka ayaa waxaa lagu soo waramayaa in uu xasarad ka dhexdhalin karo dalalka gobolka ee biyaha wabiga wadaagga.
- Kenya: Maxaa sababay is casilaadda xubin sare oo IEBC ka tirsanayd? October 18, 2017Sarkaal sare oo ka tirsanayd guddiga doorashada ee Kenya ayaa xilka iska casishay ka dib markii "nafteeda ay u baqday" waxayna ka qaxday dalka.
- Maxay Nayjeeriya u gabtay macallimiinta iyo Ardayda? October 18, 2017Taxanaheenna warqadaha ay soo diraan saxafiyiinta Afrikaanka, ayaa tifaftiraha wargayska maalinlaha ah ee ka soo baxa Nayjeeriya ee Daily Trust, Mannir Dan Cali, wuxuu ka baaraan dagayaa sababta dalka Afrika ugu dadka badan uu halganka ugu jiro inuu wax baro carruurtiisa.
- Trump oo lagu dhaliilay 'dareen la'aan' mar uu la hadlayey carmalad October 18, 2017Madaxweynaha Maraykanka Donald Trump ayaa u sheegay carmalad uu ka dhintay askari si dhuumaalaysi ah loogu dilay Niger in "uu ogaa hawsha loo shaqaaleysiiyey" sida ay sheegtay gabar sharci dejinta ka tirsan.
- "Muqdisho ma niyad jabin" October 19, 2017
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia’s silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year’s Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Go’aanada shirka London oo la sii ogaaday (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- Ciidamadda Dowladda Kenya oo lagu dhawaaqay xilliga rasmiga ah ee ay ka mid noqonayaan Ciidamadda Amisom (1)
- Hillary Clinton oo ka hadashay midnimada Somaliya (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- Daawo:Waxgaradka Hiiraan Oo Ka Talabixinaya Siyaasada Cakiran Ee Gogoblkaasi. Somali Channel (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Daalibaan oo weerar ku dishay 43 askari October 19, 2017Wasaaradda gaashnaadhigga Afghanistan ayaa sheegtay in ugu yaraan 43 askari la dilay kadib markii Daalibaan ay maanta weerar ku qaadeen saldhiga milatari oo ku yaalla koonfurta dalkaas.
- Qaahira: Baroordiiq loo sameeyay dhibbanayaashii Muqdisho October 19, 2017Kulan baroorqiid ah oo ay Soomaalida ku nool Masar ku muujiyeen sida ay uga xunyihiin weerarki 14-ki October ka dhacay Muqdisho ee lagu lagu laayay ku dhawaad 300 oo ruux oo Soomaali ah, ayaa xalay ka dhacay safaarada Soomaaliya ee magaalada Qahira.
- Tillerson: Waan la xisaabtami doonnaa milatariga Myanmar October 19, 2017Xoghayaha arrimaha dibadda Mareykanka Rex Tillerson ayaa Arbacadii sheegay in gaboodfallada dalka Myanmar loogu geystay muslimiinta laga tirada badanyahay ee Rohingya ay mas,uuliyaddeeda qaadi doonaan hogaanka millatari ee dalkaasi.
- Barca, Bayern, PSG Iyo Juve oo Wada Badiyay October 19, 2017Waxaa xalay dhacay kulamo kale oo ka tirsanaa wareega koowaad ee koobka kooxaha horyaalada Yurub Uefa Champions League.
- Ronald Koeman: Kalsooni ayay Kooxda Igu Qabtaa October 18, 2017Tababaraha kooxda Everton Ronald Koeman, ayaa sheegey in uu kalsooni buuxda uu ku qabo maamulka kooxda, inkastoo ay si aan wanaasagneyn ku billowdeen xilli ciyaareedkan.
- Wareysi: Cumar Cabdirashiid October 18, 2017Cumar Cabdirashiid ayaa ka hadlaya qaraxii Muqdisho iyo baaq kasoo yeeray madaxweyne Maxamed Cabdullaahi Farmaajo.
- Soomaaliya: Banaanbaxyo Ka Dhan ah Shahaab oo Meelo Badan Ka Dhacay October 18, 2017Magaalada Muqdishu iyo magaalooyin kale oo waddanka ahba waxaa maanta ka dhacay bannaanbaxyo lagaga soo horjeedo kooxda al-Shabaab iyo qaraxii weynaa ee maalintii Sabtidii ka dhacay magaalada Muqdisho.
- Qaraxii Zoobe oo loola dan lahaa saldhigga Turkiga October 18, 2017Sarkaal sare oo ka tirsan sirdoonka Soomaaliya ayaa VOA-da u sheegay in qaraxi ay dadka badani ku dhamaadeen ee Sabtidi ka dhacay Muqdisho uu bartilmaameedkiisu ahaa saldhigga ciidan ee ay Dowlada Turkiga dhawaan ka furtay magaalada Muqdisho.
- Ciidamada Israel oo weeraray xarumo warbaahineed October 18, 2017Ciidamada Israel ayaa xalay weerar ku qaaday xarumaha shirkadaha warbaahinta Falastiiniyiinta ee Daanta Galbeed, taasi oo ay ku sheegeen howlgal looga jawaabayo hurinta rabashado ka dhan ah Israa’iiliyiinta.
- Puntland oo gurmad gaarsiisay Muqdisho October 18, 2017Maamulka Puntland ayaa Muqdisho u soo diray gurmad isugu jira daawooyin iyo dhaqaatiir gacan ka gaysanaya dadaalka loogu jiro daryeelka dadkii ku waxyeeloobay qaraxi Sabtidi ka dhacay Isgoyska Zoobe. Daawadan oo dhan 4 tan ayaan ahayn taageerada kaliya ee ka imaaneysa Puntland. Wariyaha VOA-da ee Garowe, Nuux Muuse Birjeeb ayaa warbixintan inoo haya.
- Barnaamijka Dhaqanka iyo Hiddaha, Qeybta 393 October 18, 2017Barnaamijka Dhaqanka iyo Hiddaha ee toddobaadkani waxaa si aad uga barateenba soo jeedinaya Axmed Faarax Cali Idaajaa, waana qeybtii 393-aad. Barnaamijka oo dhan hoos ka dhageyso.
- Banaanbax ka dhacay Muqdisho October 18, 2017Magaalada Muqdisho waxa ka dhacay banaanbax ayay dadweynuhu ku muujinayaan dareenkooda, islamarkaana ay uga soo horjeedaan ciddii gaystay qaraxii 14-kii October ka dhacay isgoyska Zoobe ee magaalada Muqdisho.
- Diyaarado duqeeyay Shabeellaha Hoose October 18, 2017Wararka ka imanaya gobolka Shabeellada Hoose ayaa sheegaya in duqayn dhinaca cirka ah ay ka dhacday gelinkii danbe ee Isniinta meel u dhow Bariire.
- Wasiirka caafimaadka oo ka warbixisay khasaaraha qaraxii Zoobe October 18, 2017Wasiirka Caafimaadka ee Dowladda Federaalka ah ee Somalia Drs. Fowsiyo Abiikar ayaa ka warbixisay tirada dhimashada iyo dhaawaca ee qaraxii isgoyska Zoobbe ee Muqdisho.
- Faah-faahinta Kulamadi Caawa ee Koobka Yurub October 17, 2017Waxaa caawa fiidkii xilliga Yurub dhacay ciyaaro xiiso leh oo ka tirsan wareega koowaad ee koobka kooxaha horyaalada Yurub.
- Italy Ma Usoo Bixi Doonta Koobka Aduunka October 17, 2017Waxaa galabta lagu dhawaaqay isku aadbka ciyaaraha lagu kala soocayo xulalka ugu danbeeya ee Qaarada Yurub ee aadi doona koobka aduunka ee sanadka danbe ka dhici doona dalka Russia.
- Marcelo oo Loo Heysto Eedeymo Canshuuro La Xiriira October 17, 2017Xiddiga Real Madrid, Marcelo, ayaa masuuliyiinta Spain waxay ku eedeynayaan in uu ku lug yeeshay wax isdaba marin xagga canshuuraadka ah oo ku dhow €490,000 (£436,000; $576,000).
- Leicester City oo Erisey Tababarihii Kooxda October 17, 2017Leicester City ayaa shaqadiika erisay tababarihii kooxdaaasi Craig Shakespeare, afar bil uun ka dib markii uu saxiixay heshiis seddex sano ku kacayay.
- Gurmad ku qulqulaya magaalada Muqdisho October 17, 2017Waxaa sii socda gurmadka caalamiga ah ee gaaraya magaalada Muqdisho, iyadoo ay maanta gaareen dayuurado sida dawo iyo qalab caafimaad, kuwaa oo qaakood dib u qaaday qaar ka mid ah dadkii ku dhaawacmay qaraxa Muqdisho.
- Aqalka Cad oo Cambaareeyay Qaraxii Muqdisho October 17, 2017Waxaa isa soo taraya cambaareynta caalamiga ah ee loo soo jeedinaya kuwi ka danbeeyay qaraxi uu dhiiga badani ku daatay ee 14-ki October.
- Daalibaan oo weerar ku dishay 43 askari October 19, 2017
- Massive Water Privatization Program to End in Jakarta After 18 Years October 19, 2017An Indonesian Supreme Court ruling has ordered Jakarta to end one of the world’s largest water privatization schemes, and the capital city is now scrambling to take control of its waterworks. Last week the court ruled that two private water companies inadequately served the residents of the world’s second-largest metropolitan area. Jakarta’s water utility wa […]email@example.com (Krithika Varagur)
- Turkey's Erdogan Calls on Mayors to Resign, Hurriyet Newspaper Says October 19, 2017Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has called on mayors of three major cities to resign, including the high-profile mayor of the capital, Ankara, the Hurriyet newspaper reported Thursday, in a push to revitalize his ruling party ahead of 2019 elections. The comments mark Erdogan's most explicit demand yet for a shake-up of veteran politicians, some of who […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- Catalan Leader Calls for Talks; Spain Calls Cabinet Session October 19, 2017Catalonia’s leader on Thursday threatened to explicitly declare independence if no talks with the central government were offered. Spain then called a special Cabinet session to be held over the weekend to activate measures to take control of Catalonia’s semi-autonomous powers. Catalan president Carles Puigdemont’s warning came in a letter to Spanish Prime M […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Profile: Spain's Catalonia Region October 19, 2017Catalonia is one of 17 autonomous areas of Spain, but as home to the country's second-largest city and 20 percent of its economic output, the region holds special prominence as its leaders seek independence. History of separatism — The history of separatism movements in Catalonia stretches back several centuries, including a decision in 1640 to align it […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Key Figures in the Independence Battle of Spain’s Catalonia Region October 19, 2017Key figures in the push for independence in Spain’s Catalonia region: Carles Puigdemont President of the autonomous region since January 2016 Worked as a journalist before entering politics Served as mayor of the city of Girona Has long been an advocate of independence for Catalonia Mariano Rajoy Prime minister of Spain since December 2011 Championed auste […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Fire Rips Through Luxury Myanmar Hotel, 1 body Recovered October 19, 2017A fire gutted a luxury teakwood hotel popular with foreigners in Myanmar’s biggest city of Yangon on Thursday morning, causing one death. A body bag was carried out of the Kandawgyi Palace Hotel on Thursday morning and firefighters said the victim was male. It was unclear if others were killed or injured. Photos and video posted online show the spectacular b […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Country Stars Honor Shooting Victims at CMT Artists Show October 19, 2017Singer Jason Aldean and other stars honored victims of a mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas instead of accepting awards at the CMT Artists of the Year show Wednesday night. The format of the show pivoted to focus on victims of the shooting, as well as those recovering from hurricanes and wildfires, with a night of somber tributes, inspir […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Deaths of 2 Philippine Rebel Leaders Raise Prospects for Lifting Martial Law October 19, 2017The slaying this week of two key Muslim rebel leaders during a prolonged fight with troops in the Philippines will help the country lift martial law over the island of Mindanao unless new violence flares, experts say. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte declared martial law over the island in May to help troops and police raise efficiency in fighting the Ma […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Ralph Jennings)
- At Least Four Dead in Anti-Government Protests in Togo October 19, 2017At least four people have been killed across the small West African nation of Togo in clashes between security forces and protesters demanding an end to the rule of President Faure Gnassingbe. Security Minister Colonel Damehame Yark said Wednesday that one person was shot dead in the capital, Lome, while three others were killed in Togo's second-largest […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Taliban Attack Army Camp in Southern Afghanistan October 19, 2017Afghan officials say the Taliban have carried out two suicide car bombings at an army camp in the southern Kandahar province, setting of several hours of fighting and killing at least 41 soldiers. Khalid Pashtun, a member of parliament from the province, provided the toll from the attack, which began late Wednesday. An Afghan security official, speaking on […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Experimental Virtual and Mixed Reality Technologies Can be Applied to Military of the Future October 19, 2017In military training, the body and mind are often pushed to the limit. In some cases, it could prove to be deadly. "We are killing more Marines and soldiers in training than in combat. Why does that happen? A lot of times it is fatigue," Lt. Col. Warren Cook of the U.S. Marine Corps said. Cook spoke on a panel of military personnel at the Universi […]email@example.com (Elizabeth Lee)
- Colliding Neutron Stars Solve Interstellar Puzzles October 19, 2017The idea of gravitational waves has been around for over 100 years since Albert Einstein posited their existence. But in 2016 scientists proved they were out there using giant L-shaped detectors called gravitational wave observatories. But this week more news was made when scientists were able to watch the creation of gravitational waves. VOA's Kevin En […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Kevin Enochs)
- Western Influence Feeding the Streets of Iraq October 19, 2017In Iraq, young entrepreneurs cash-in on a food trend popularized in the West. Trucks serving American-style fast food serve meals on-the-go and opportunities for those hungry for work. Arash Arabasadi email@example.com (Arash Arabasadi)
- Experimental Virtual and Mixed Reality Technologies Can be Applied to Military of the Future October 19, 2017The U.S. Military is looking at technologies such as wearable sensors, virtual and augmented reality to enhance the training of its recruits. At a recent meeting of military personnel and academics at the University of Southern California's Global Body Computing Conference, commanding officers talked about why there is a need for ever more modern techno […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Elizabeth Lee)
- Gene-editing Technology Prepares to Enter Fight Against Human Disease October 19, 2017Back in the old days, movies were edited by simply cutting out a piece of film you didn't want and replacing it with a new shot. That's almost exactly how the CRISPR gene editing technology works, but on a cellular level. Researchers now say they are close to being able to use this technology to fix some genetic diseases. VOA's Kevin Enochs re […]email@example.com (Kevin Enochs)
- Marchers in DC Protest Travel Ban October 19, 2017The Trump administration's latest order restricting travel to the U.S. was prevented from going into effect by two federal courts, which puts the controversial order on hold while its constitutionality is considered. The administration says it will appeal. The stay did not stop opponents of the measure from taking to the streets Wednesday in the nation […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Esha Sarai)
- Trump Defends His Handling of US Soldier's Death in Niger October 19, 2017U.S. President Donald Trump rejects a Florida lawmaker's account of his phone conversation with the widow of one of four soldiers killed Oct. 4 in Niger. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson says she has overheard Trump's remarks to the wife of Army Sergeant La David Johnson and thought they were insensitive. The controversy adds fuel to the anger sparke […]email@example.com (Zlatica Hoke)
- Report: North Korea’s Illicit Trade Network Hits Africa’s Vulnerable Wildlife October 19, 2017North Korea’s government has relied for decades on illicit trade to fill its coffers, but a new report notes what appears to be a recent rise in Pyongyang’s trafficking of illegal wildlife from African nations. The report, by the Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime, warns that the trade is putting further pressure on Africa’s endangered r […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Anita Powell)
- Report: North Korea's Illicit Trade Network Hits Africa's Vulnerable Wildlife October 19, 2017North Korea's government relied for decades on illicit trade for cash, but a new report finds a recent rise in Pyongyang's trafficking of illegal wildlife from African nations, including the Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, Mozambique and South Africa, with four high-profile incidents in the last three years. The report by the Global Initiativ […]email@example.com (Anita Powell)
- Rohingya Refugees Push U.S. Lawmakers to Act October 19, 2017Hundreds of thousands of ethnic Muslim Rohingya have fled Myanmar for neighboring Bangladesh, pushed out of their homes in what the United Nations calls "textbook ethnic cleansing" by the Myanmar military. As the crisis continues to unfold, VOA's Kane Farabaugh reports many Rohingya in the United States frantically await word from friends and […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Kane Farabaugh)
- Massive Water Privatization Program to End in Jakarta After 18 Years October 19, 2017
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Thousands protest al-Shabab as new details of Somalia truck bombing emerge - Washington Post October 18, 2017Washington PostThousands protest al-Shabab as new details of Somalia truck bombing emergeWashington PostAfter three days of mourning, thousands of men and women marched through the streets of Somalia's capital Wednesday, answering the Mogadishu mayor's call for unity in the wake of the country's deadliest terrorist attack, which occurred over […]
- How Somalia's deadliest attack ever tore open the heart of a nation - Quartz October 19, 2017QuartzHow Somalia's deadliest attack ever tore open the heart of a nationQuartzIbrahim Adow is a 24-year-old protocol officer working for Somalia's president. And in the hours and days since the country's deadliest attack took place, he, like many Somalis, have thought about nothing else. He hasn't slept or eaten much, he says ...Why Isn […]
- In Somalia, hope fades in desperate search for missing - ABC News October 17, 2017ABC NewsIn Somalia, hope fades in desperate search for missingABC NewsAnguished families scoured Somalia's capital Tuesday in search of scores still missing from Saturday's bomb blast that killed more than 300 people in one of the world's deadliest attacks in years. Sitting outside a hospital mortuary, Hodan Ali quietly ...After Years of Progr […]
- Somalia truck bombing toll over 300 as scores missing - Chicago Tribune October 16, 2017Chicago TribuneSomalia truck bombing toll over 300 as scores missingChicago TribuneStill, analysts said there was little doubt the Islamic extremist group carried out the bombing, one of the deadliest in sub-Saharan Africa. "No other group in Somalia has the capacity to put together a bomb of this size, in this nature," said Matt ...Somalia truck b […]
- Garissa residents donate blood for Somalia terror victims - Citizen TV (press release) October 19, 2017Citizen TV (press release)Garissa residents donate blood for Somalia terror victimsCitizen TV (press release)Jubat said that Somalia offered assistance when the town suffered a similar predicament during the Garissa University College terror attack. Dubat Hamey, an elder in the town said the community will form a donation kitty that will raise funds for the […]
- Lewiston man says his brother was killed in blast in Somalia | WGME - WGME October 18, 2017WGMELewiston man says his brother was killed in blast in Somalia | WGMEWGMELEWISTON, Maine (AP) -- A Maine man says his brother was one of the more than 300 people killed in a bomb blast in Mogadishu, Somalia.altro »
- A Lifeline for Millions in Somalia, Money Remittance Industry Seeks ... - Voice of America October 18, 2017Voice of AmericaA Lifeline for Millions in Somalia, Money Remittance Industry Seeks ...Voice of AmericaMany banks have pulled out of the remittance industry over compliance fears.altro »
- The Brief: Mahmoud Hussein in jail, Kirkuk, Somalia - Aljazeera.com October 17, 2017Aljazeera.comThe Brief: Mahmoud Hussein in jail, Kirkuk, SomaliaAljazeera.comHeartache continues in Somalia, as the death toll from a truck bombing has risen above 300 people. Has the media covered this enough? And is the world as sympathetic to the victims of this attack as they would be if the blast took place in Europe or ...
- Pope expresses sorrow over Somalia bomb attack - Daily Nation October 18, 2017Daily NationPope expresses sorrow over Somalia bomb attackDaily Nation"I pray for the conversion of the violent and send my encouragement to all those who, in the face of enormous difficulties, work for peace in this martyred country," Pope Francis said at his weekly audience in St Peter's square. No-one has claimed ...
- Kirkuk, Jeff Sessions, Somalia: Your Monday Briefing - New York Times October 16, 2017New York TimesKirkuk, Jeff Sessions, Somalia: Your Monday BriefingNew York TimesThe scene of a double truck bombing in the center of Mogadishu, Somalia, on Sunday. More than 270 people died. Credit Mohamed Abdiwahab/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images. (Want to get this briefing by email? Here's the sign-up.) Good morning.
- Thousands protest al-Shabab as new details of Somalia truck bombing emerge - Washington Post October 18, 2017
- 'Every Year, I Give Birth': Why War is Driving a Contraception Crisis in Sudan
- Military Might Alone Won’t Pull Mali From Quagmire
- 15 Years Behind Bars in Eritrea
- Kenya Is Abandoning Somali Refugees
- Provide Genuine Refuge to World’s Displaced
- Q&A: The Case of Hissène Habré before the Extraordinary African Chambers in Senegal
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets
- Senegal: Dictator on Trial
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins
- Peter Bouckaert
- Spain to impose direct rule on Catalonia as deadline passes October 19, 2017Madrid will press ahead with suspending autonomy on Saturday after Catalan leader refuses to abandon independence pushThe Spanish government is to suspend Catalonia’s autonomy and impose direct rule after the region’s president refused to abandon the push for independence that has led to Spain’s biggest political crisis for 40 years.The announcement of the u […]Sam Jones in Madrid
- EU leaders aim to let Theresa May down gently over trade talks October 19, 2017PM’s counterparts at summit will refuse to widen Brexit negotiations but talk up her efforts for fear of weakening her furtherEuropean Union leaders at a crunch summit dinner are set to rebuff Theresa May’s appeal for trade talks while they seek to publicly talk up her efforts in the Brexit negotiations because they fear that the prime minister’s domestic we […]Daniel Boffey and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels, Kate Connolly in Berlin and Patrick Wintour in London
- Jacinda Ardern is next prime minister of New Zealand, Winston Peters confirms – as it happened October 19, 2017NZ First leader announces he has reached coalition deal to form government with Labour, which says it also has backing of Green partyFull story: Jacinda Ardern to be New Zealand’s next prime ministerWho is Jacinda Ardern? 9.41am BST 9.40am BST The Australian prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has had a conversation with Ardern:Congratulations @jacindaardern g […]Claire Phipps
- 'It's able to create knowledge itself': Google unveils AI that learns on its own October 18, 2017In a major breakthrough for artificial intelligence, AlphaGo Zero took just three days to master the ancient Chinese board game of Go ... with no human helpGoogle’s artificial intelligence group, DeepMind, has unveiled the latest incarnation of its Go-playing program, AlphaGo – an AI so powerful that it derived thousands of years of human knowledge of the ga […]Ian Sample Science editor
- Warning of 'ecological Armageddon' after dramatic plunge in insect numbers October 18, 2017Three-quarters of flying insects in nature reserves across Germany have vanished in 25 years, with serious implications for all life on Earth, scientists sayThe abundance of flying insects has plunged by three-quarters over the past 25 years, according to a new study that has shocked scientists. Insects are an integral part of life on Earth as both pollinato […]Damian Carrington Environment editor
- Quebec passes law banning facial coverings in public October 18, 2017The Canadian province is barring public workers from wearing the niqab or burqa and obliging citizens to unveil while using public transit or government servicesThe Canadian province of Quebec has passed a sweeping ban on face coverings – barring public workers from wearing the niqab or burqa and obliging citizens to unveil when riding public transit or rece […]Ashifa Kassam in Toronto
- Relatives of freed Afghanistan hostage say he and family deeply traumatised October 19, 2017Canadian relatives say Joshua Boyle, freed with his family after five years, suffered torture in captivity and requires intensive medical careThe family of the Canadian man freed with his wife and three children five years after they were kidnapped in Afghanistan have implored media to consider the trauma suffered by the family, noting that Joshua Boyle – th […]Ashifa Kassam in Toronto
- Jeff Sessions shifts ground on Russia contacts under Senate questioning October 18, 2017The attorney general concedes for the first time it was possible he had discussed Donald Trump’s policy positions with Russian ambassadorThe US attorney general, Jeff Sessions, has given a new account of his contacts with the Russian ambassador during the 2016 election, conceding it was possible that they had discussed Donald Trump’s policy positions. Relate […]Julian Borger in Washington
- Putin mentor's daughter Ksenia Sobchak to run for president October 18, 2017Socialite says she is standing as a protest candidate but analysts suspect it is a Kremlin-backed move to split oppositionKsenia Sobchak, the daughter of Vladimir Putin’s political mentor, has said she will stand in Russia’s presidential election next March, which Putin is expected to win.Sobchak, a socialite and liberal journalist who has taken part in oppo […]Shaun Walker in Moscow
- Trump digs in over call to soldier's widow: 'I didn't say what the congresswoman said' October 18, 2017President insists he didn’t say fallen soldier ‘knew what he was signing up for’Soldier’s mother and Florida congresswoman say he did use those wordsThe Guardian is testing a new way to tell evolving stories. View this article in an experimental formatDonald Trump dug in on Wednesday as his comments about fallen soldiers spiralled into the second major dispu […]Ben Jacobs in New York and agencies
- Four British missionaries kidnapped in Nigeria October 18, 2017Britons snatched by unidentified gunman in Nigeria’s southern Delta state on 13 October, say policeFour Britons have been kidnapped in the southern Delta state in Nigeria, according to the police. The authorities are attempting to rescue the four people, who were taken by unidentified gunmen on 13 October, said Andrew Aniamaka, a spokesman for Delta state po […]Reuters in Nigeria
- Eric Holder calls Trump administration's crime policies dangerous and dispiriting October 18, 2017Former attorney general says shift ignores bipartisan consensus on reformPolicies ‘are not tough on crime, they are not smart on crime’Donald Trump is pursuing “dangerous” policies on crime that ignore a growing bipartisan consensus on criminal justice reform, former attorney general Eric Holder said on Wednesday at a summit in Washington. Related: Jeff Sess […]Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington
- Trump's claim of Irish corporate tax cut is 'fake news', says prime minister October 18, 2017Leo Varadkar denies plans to cut rate from 12.5% to 8%President is proposing to cut US corporation tax to 20%The Irish prime minister has accused Donald Trump of peddling “fake news” after the US president wrongly claimed that Ireland plans to further reduce its much-criticised 12.5% corporation tax.Trump angered Irish officials with his comments at a White […]Henry McDonald Ireland Correspondent
- Thousands march in Somalia after attack that killed more than 300 October 18, 2017Demonstrators defy police to protest against people responsible for devastating truck bomb in MogadishuThousands of Somalis have demonstrated against those behind the bombing that killed more than 300 people at the weekend, defying police who opened fire to keep them away from the site of the attack.Wearing red headbands, the crowd of mostly young men and wo […]Jason Burke Africa correspondent
- Lena Headey claims she was sexually harassed by Harvey Weinstein October 18, 2017Game of Thrones actor recounts producer marching her to his hotel room and reacting furiously to a rejection before warning her not to tell anyoneThe Game of Thrones actor Lena Headey has spoken of how she felt “powerless” during an encounter with Harvey Weinstein, adding her voice to the growing number of women who have accused the producer of sexual miscon […]Gwilym Mumford
- Astana's plan to stay warm in the winter? Build a ring of one million trees October 18, 2017In 1997 the Kazakh president launched a plan to protect his new capital from the icy winds of the featureless steppes with a ring of trees. Twenty years on, his scientists are still struggling to grow forests in a spot where no trees stood“Do you know why women in Astana don’t get expensive haircuts?” asked television presenter Dinara Tursunova. “Because no […]Almaz Kumenov in Astana
- Too rude for Paris? 'Copulating' sculpture causes stir in French capital October 18, 2017Dutch artist says it is not sexual, but Louvre decided giant sculpture of human appearing to copulate with an animal was too rude to be displayedFrom a vandalised butt-plug to a desecrated “queen’s vagina”, Paris has often been at the centre of rows over whether some public art is supposedly too rude to go on show.But the latest spat over a giant metal sculp […]Angelique Chrisafis in Paris
- Argentina halts election campaign after body, thought to be missing activist, found October 18, 2017Body found at site where activist Santiago Maldonado was last seenMajor parties suspend campaigning before midterm elections on SundayMajor parties running in Argentina’s midterm congressional election on Sunday have suspended their campaigns after a body, thought to be that of a young protester who went missing more than two months ago, was found in a river […]Reuters in Buenos Aires
- Saudi scholars to vet teaching of prophet Muhammad to curb extremism October 18, 2017Royal order decrees King Salman Complex be set up in holy city of Medina to root out ‘fake and extremist texts’Saudi authorities have taken an “unprecedented” step to tackle Islamic extremism by setting up a council of scholars to vet religious teachings around the world.A royal order issued this week by King Salman established a global body of elite scholar […]Harriet Sherwood Religion correspondent
- Maryland police search for gunman after three killed in office park shooting October 18, 2017Harford County sheriff says 37-year-old Radee Labeeb Prince opened fire with a handgun at an office park, killing three people and wounding two A gunman opened fire at a Maryland office park on Wednesday morning, killing three co-workers and wounding two others, authorities and the business owner said.A manhunt was underway for 37-year-old Radee Labeeb Princ […]Associated Press in Edgewood, Maryland
- Spain to impose direct rule on Catalonia as deadline passes October 19, 2017
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- SA football boss Danny Jordaan 'raped singer Jennifer Ferguson' October 19, 2017Jennifer Ferguson says the #MeToo campaign convinced her to break her silence after nearly 24 years.
- UK banks 'linked to SA money laundering' October 19, 2017Lord Hain says up to £400m may inadvertently have been laundered by HSBC and Standard Chartered.
- Dare Not Linger: Mandela's book sequel launched in South Africa October 19, 2017The follow-up to the late South African president's celebrated memoir is launched in Johannesburg.
- Kenya election official Roselyn Akombe flees to US October 18, 2017Roselyn Akombe says she fears for her life ahead of next week's presidential election re-run.
- Militants kidnap four Britons - Nigerian police October 18, 2017The four were reportedly taken by suspected militants last week, police say.
- Monitoring DR Congo's deadly Nyiragongo volcano October 18, 2017Mahinda Celestin's eruption predictions are so good that locals panic if his family leaves town.
- 100 Women: The men being taught what harassment feels like October 17, 2017Classes in Nairobi aim to teach boys and young men what constitutes harassment - and how to intervene if they spot it happening on public transport.
- Somalia: Mogadishu bomb victim killed day before graduation October 18, 2017Maryam Abdullah's father was flying out for her graduation, but ended up attending her funeral.
- Roselyn Akombe flees Kenya ahead of election re-run October 18, 2017Election commissioner Roselyn Akombe explains why she fled Kenya ahead of poll re-run.
- St Helena's new airport boosts tourism hopes October 17, 2017Tourists can now fly to the rocky island where Napoleon died, Darwin studied and Captain Cook docked.
- 100 Women: 'I look down and I see a hand on my boob' October 16, 2017More than half of women in Kenya have been harassed on public transport, according to a recent study - Anita Nderu is one of them.
- Former player Rabah Madjer returns as Algeria coach October 18, 2017Algeria bring back former player Rabah Madjer as their new national coach, succeeding Lucas Alcaraz who was sacked after their failure to qualify for the World Cup.
- Tunisia put Ben Yedder snub behind them October 19, 2017The Tunisia Football Federation gives up on trying to lure Sevilla star Wissam Ben Yedder to play for the Carthage Eagles.
- Zambia's Bwalya to vet coaches for Uganda job October 18, 2017Uganda's football federation turns to Zambian football legend Kalusha Bwalya for help in finding a new national coach for the Cranes.
- Mark Sampson: FA sorry over race remarks to Eniola Aluko & Drew Spence October 18, 2017The FA apologises to two players for racially discriminatory remarks made by sacked England's women's boss Mark Sampson.
- Adejuwon Soyinka: Lessons from Catalonia October 16, 2017The crisis in Spain's Catalonia region is being closely watched in Nigeria and Cameroon, where secessionist movements have been stepping up campaigns for independence.
- Becky Branford: 'I interviewed Sankara at 11' October 15, 2017Thirty years after his death, Becky Branford recalls interviewing Burkina Faso's legendary leader just before he was assassinated.
- Pumza Fihlani: SA murder ruling after 46 years October 12, 2017The inquest into the 1971 death of an anti-apartheid activist finds he was murdered.
- Strutting their stuff October 13, 2017A selection of the best photos from across Africa and of Africans this week.
- Wrecked lives of Kasai September 24, 2017Violent clashes between government and rebel forces has led to huge civilian displacement.
- SA football boss Danny Jordaan 'raped singer Jennifer Ferguson' October 19, 2017
- Kenyan Election Official Fears New Vote Won’t Be Credible October 18, 2017
- U.N. Peacekeeping Chief Issues Warning on South Sudan October 18, 2017
- Frugal Traveler: Navigating Sometimes Chaotic, Always Fascinating Addis Ababa October 18, 2017
- Somalia Blasts Expose Security Failings and Possible Shabab Infiltration October 17, 2017
- Truck Explosions Kill Hundreds in Somalia October 15, 2017
- Mogadishu Truck Bombings Are Deadliest Attack in Decades October 16, 2017
- Truck Bomb Kills at Least 20 in Somalia’s Capital October 14, 2017
- Global Health: In Early Results, Shorter Treatment for Tuberculosis Proves Effective October 13, 2017
- Ex-Soccer Star and Vice President Lead in Liberia Presidential Vote October 13, 2017
- Matter: Genes for Skin Color Rebut Dated Notions of Race, Researchers Say October 12, 2017