SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Boqol qof iyo dheeraad ku dhintay qaraxa booyad shidaal oo ku qallibantay Pakistan June 25, 2017Saraakiil ayaa sheegay in ugu yaraan 123 qof ay dhinteen ka dib markii booyad shidaal siday ku qaraxday meel u dhaw magaalada bariga Pakistan ku taal ee Ahmedpur.
- Baabuur dad salaadii ciidda ka soo dareeray ku jiidhay Ingiriiska June 25, 2017Lix qof oo ay ku jiraan saddex caruur ahi ayaa dhaawacmay ka dib markii baabuur jiidhay dad badan oo ka soo baxayey garoon ku yaal magaalada Newcastle ee dalka Ingiriiska.
- Erdogan: Shuruudaha Qatar lagu xidhay sharciga caalamiga ah ayey lid ku yihiin June 25, 2017Madaxweynaha Turkiga, Racep Tayyip Erdogan, ayaa yidhi shuruudaha ay Qatar ku xidheen dalalka Gacanka ee ay jaarka yihiin waa kuwo ka hor imanaya sharciga caalamiga ah, sababta oo ah buu yidhi waxay farogelin ku yihiin qaranimada dalkaas.
- Yemen waxaa ka dillaacay 'daacuunkii ugu xumaa ee dunida soo mara' June 25, 2017QM ayaa sheegeysa in tirada kiisaska loga shakisan yahay cudurka daacuunka ee dalka Yemen ay kor u dhaaftay labo boqol oo kun
- Kumannaan rayid ah oo ku xanniban magaalada Mosul June 25, 2017Qaramada Midoobay ayaa sheegtay in laga yaabo in ilaa boqol iyo konton kun oo rayid ah ay ku xanniban yihiin magaalada go'doonsan ee Mosul.
- Britain oo joogteyn doonto xiriirka ganacsi ee dalalka saboolka ah June 25, 2017Heshiisyada ganacsiga xorta ah ee waddamada soo koraya iyo Britain ayaa sii socon doona, xitaa ka dib ka bixitaanka Britain ee Midowga Yurub, sida ay dowladdu sheegtay.
- Aqalka Cad: Xiisadda Khaliijka waa “mid qoys” June 24, 2017Dowladda Maraykanka ayaa ku tilmaamtay xiisadda sii socota ee u dhexeysa dalka Qadar iyo waddamo kale oo Carab ah, in ay tahay mid salka ku haysa “arimo qoys”.
- Sacuudiga oo "fashiliyay" weerar lagu qaadi rabay Maka June 24, 2017Wasaarada arrimah gudaha ee dalka Sacuudi Carabiya ayaa sheegtay in ciidamada ammaanka ee dalkaasi ay fashiliyeen waxa ay ku tilmaameen argagixiso qorshaynaysay in ay bartilmaameedsadaan misaajidka barakaysan ee Maka.
- Shiinaha oo “dhexdhexaadinaya” Pakistan iyo Afghanistan June 24, 2017Wasiirka arimaha dibedda ee Shiinaha, Wang Yi, ayaa gaaray caasimadda Kabul ee dalka Afghanistan, safarkaasi oo lagu tilmaamay mid xukuumadda Beijing ay ku dejinayso xiisadda u dhexeysa Pakistan iyo Afghanistan.
- London: Boqolaal guryo oo laga saaray dadkii degganaa June 24, 2017In ka badan 800 oo guryo ah oo ku yaalla degmada Camden, ee waqooyiga London, ayaa dadkii deganaa laga saaray iyadoo sabab looga dhigay badqabkooda. Waxay ka dambeysay dabkii ka kacay dhismo ku yaalla waqooyiga London
- 140 qof oo lagu la’ yahay buur kusoo duntay Shiinaha June 24, 2017In ka badan 140 qof ayaa la la’ yahay ka dib buur kusoo duntay deegaan ka tirsan gobolka Sichuan ee koonfur-galbeed Shiinaha, sida ay ku waramayso warbaahinta dowladda dalkaasi.
- Shan iyo labaatan ku dhimatay qarax ka dhacay dalka Pakistan June 24, 2017Ugu yaraan 25 qof ayaa ku dhimatay laba qarax oo ka dhacday suuq mashquul badan oo ku yaalla magaalada waqooyi galbeed Parachinar ee dalka Pakistan.
- 13 shuruudo oo lagu xiray la heshiinta Qadar June 23, 2017Afar dal oo Carbeed ayaa dawladda Qadar ka dalbaday liis ay ku qoran yihiin 13 dalab oo ay waajibtahay in ay fuliyaan haddii ay rabto in laga qaado xayiraadda ay saareen, sida ay wakaaladuhu ku warramayaan.
- Maraykanka oo joojiyay dhammaan hilibkii Brazil uga iman jiray June 23, 2017Dawladda Maraykanka ayaa joojisay hilibkii looga soo dhoofin jiray dalka Brazil ka dib markii ay soo noqnoqotay walaaca laga qabo badqabka hilibkaas loogu talogalay suuqyada Maraykanka.
- Gabdhaha Tanzania oo loogu baaqay in ay kala doortaan iskuulka iyo hooyonimo June 23, 2017Madaxweynaha dalka Tanzania, John Magufuli ayaa sheegay in gabdhaha ciyaal iskuulka ah ee uurka yeesha aan loo ogolaan doonin in ay ku soo laabtaan waxbarashada marka ay ilmo dhalaan, arrintaasna ay jiri doonta inta uu madaxweynaha yahay.
- Muran siyaasadeed oo ka taagan Koonfur Afrika June 23, 2017Maxkamada dastuurka ee dalka Koonfur Africa ayaa go’aaamisay in gudoomiyaha baarlamaanka ay awood u leedahay in ay go'aan ka gaarto in mooshinka kalsooni kala-noqoshada madaxwayne Jacob Zuma codaynta loo dhiibanayo si qarsoodi ah iyo in kale.
- Midowga Yurub oo ku shiraya Brussels June 22, 2017Hogaamiyayaasha Midowga Yurub oo ku shiraya Brussels waxay sheegeen in ay go'aan ku gaareen in ay yeeshaan iskaashi intii hore ka dhow oo difaaca ah.
- Trump oo sheegay inuusan cod ka duubin madixii hore ee FBI-da June 22, 2017Madaxweyne Donald Trump ayaa beeniyey inuu duubay wadahadalladii dhexmaray isaga iyo agaasimihii hore ee FBI-da ee uu shaqada ka eryey, inkastoo uu mar sii horreysay bidhaamiyay inuu cod ka hayo James Comey
- Dowladda UK oo baaritaanno ku sameysay daaraha dhaadheer ee dabka u nugul June 22, 2017Dawladda Britain ayaa ka digtay in ilaa 600 oo ka mid ah saraha dhaadheer ee la deggan yahay ee England ku yaala lagu dhisay qalab iyo alaab la mid ah daartii gubatay ee Grenfell ee London oo ay ku dhinteen ama wali la'yahay dad gaaraya 80 qof.
- Australia oo soo celisay weerarradii ka dhanka ahaa "Dawladda Islaamka" June 22, 2017Dawladda Australia ayaa sheegtay in ay soo celinayso weerarradii dhanka cirka ahaa ee ay milaratigeedu ka fulin jiray gudaha Suuriya.
- Boqol qof iyo dheeraad ku dhintay qaraxa booyad shidaal oo ku qallibantay Pakistan June 25, 2017
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia’s silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year’s Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Go’aanada shirka London oo la sii ogaaday (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- Hillary Clinton oo ka hadashay midnimada Somaliya (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Al Shabaab oo Weerartey Xerada Daynuunaay June 25, 2017Wararka naga soo gaadhaya magaalada Baydhabo ee xarunta gobolka Bay ayaa sheegaya in iska hor imaad hubaysani uu ka dhacay xerada Ciidanka Daynuunay oo ku taalla duleedka bari ee magaalada Baydhabo.
- Barnaamijka Caweyska Washington June 24, 2017Barnaamijka Caweyska Washington ee toddobaadkan waxaan idiinku haynaa qeybo kala duwan oo xiiso leh, kuwaas oo ka hadlaya Ramadaanta iyo wixii kala qabsaday qaar ka mid ah dadka soo soomay.
- Martida: Wasiir Xasan Xuseen Xaaji June 24, 2017Barnaamijka Martida ee toddobaadkan waxaa marti ku ah Xasan Xuseen Xaaji, Wasiirka Caddaaladda ee DF ee Somalia, waxaana uu ku jawaabayaa su'aalo la xiriira garsoorka Somalia
- Dhageyso: Barnaamijka Dhacdooyinka Todobaadka June 24, 2017Barnaamijka Dhacdooyinka todobaadka waxaa inala socodsiinaya Jamaal Axmed Cismaan.
- Barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha June 24, 2017Barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha ee toddobaadkan waxaa inoo haya Ibraahim Xasan Daanduray iyo Nuur Xasan Nuur
- Muslimiinta Kanada oo loo Digay Maalinta Ciida June 24, 2017Jabhad hubeysan oo ay sameeysteen xagjir cadaanka Kanada kana soo horjeedo Muslimiinta ayaa looga dhawaaqey gobolka Alberta oo ah mid ka labaad ee Soomaalida ugu badan ee Kanada ay ku noolyihiin, marka laga tago gobolka Ontario. Jabhadan ayaa isku magacowdey Sadex Boqolkiiba (3%), oo ay ula jeedaan dadkii Mareykanka ahaa ee la dagaalamey boqortooyadii Ingiri […]
- Dhageyso Mukhtaar Rooboow iyo Isbadalka Xaalkiisa June 24, 2017Wasaarada Arrimaha Dibadda ee Mareyknaka ayaa shaley ku dhawaaqdey in ay ka saartey liiska dadka lacagta hore ay u dul-dhigtey kuxigeenkii Alshabab, Muqtaar Roobow Abu Mansoor oo wayadanba si gaar ah u joogay gobolka Bakool.
- Howlgalka Mareykanka ee Somalia oo u Guuraya Muqdisho June 23, 2017Safiirka Mareykanka ee Soomaaliya Stephen Schwartz ayaa sheegay in Mareykanka uu mar kale howl-gal diblomaasiyeed oo rasmi ah ku yeelan doono Soomaaliya, marka ay Muqdisho ka furtaan xafiisyo dhammaadka sanadkan.
- Milkiilaha Facebook oo la Kulmay Soomaalida Minneapolis June 23, 2017Milkiilaha Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg ayaa xalay casho afur ah magaalada Minneapolis ee gobolka Minnesota kula yeeshay qaar ka mid ah Soomaalida halkaas ku nool, sida uu ku sheegay farriin uu soo dhigay bartiisa Facebook.
- Al-Shabaab oo Weerartay Banki ku Yaalla Kenya June 23, 2017Maleeshiyo loo malaynayo inay ka tirsan yihiin al-Shabaab ayaa weerar ay ku qaadeen banki ku yaalla magaalada Mandera ee Waqooyi-Bari Kenya, waxay ku dileen saddex qof oo laba ay rayid yihiin halka qofka kalena uu ahaa mid ka mid ah ciidamada amniga.
- Faaqidaadda: Ammaanka Magaalada Muqdisho June 23, 2017Ciidamada dowladda Soomaaliya oo magaalada Muqdisho ka wada howlgal xasilin iyo hubka dhigis ah, ayaa dhinaca kale ku guuleysan la’ inay joojiyaan weerarrada qaraxyada ka dhacaya magaalada Muqdisho ee ururka al-Shabaab uu geysanayo. 10-kii cisho ee la soo dhaafay, saddex qarax oo magaalada ka dhacay waxaa ku dhintay ku dhawaad 50 qof oo rayid u badan. Tan iy […]
- Xulufada Sacuudiga oo Dalabyo Adag u Gudbiyey Qatar June 23, 2017Saudi Arabia iyo dalalka kale ee gacanka ee Qatar xiriirka ugu jaray tuhunada ku saabsan inay taageerto argagixisada, ayaa soo bandhigay liis ay ku qoran yihiin dalabyo ay doonayaan in la fuliyo.
- Qarax ka Dhacay Pakistan oo lagu Dilay 9 qof June 23, 2017Qarax baabuur oo aad u xooggan oo ka dhacay magaalada Quetta ee dalka Pakistan ayaa dilay ugu yaraan sagala qof, islamarkaana dhaawacay 20 qof oo kale.
- 9 Qof oo ku Dhimatay Qarax ka Dhacay Muqdisho June 22, 2017Ugu yaraan sagaal qof ayaa ku geeriyootay,19 kalena waa ay ku dhaawacmeen qarax maanta ka dhacay Saldhigga booliska degmada Waaberi ee magaalada Muqdisho ee caasimadda Soomaaliya.
- 29 Qof oo ku Dhimatay Qarax ka Dhacay Afghanistan June 22, 2017Qarax baabuur oo aad u weyn oo ka dhacay gobolka ku yaalla koonfurta dalka Afghanistan ee Helmand, ayaa dilay ugu yaraan 29 qof, islamarkaana dhaawacay in ka badan 60 kale.
- Daacish oo Burburisay Masjidkii Caanka ahaa ee Mosul June 22, 2017Masjidkii caanka ahaa ee al-Nuri iyo minaaraddiisii dhinaca u janjeertay ee al-Hadba ee magaalada Mosul, ayaan hadda kadib jiri doonin, kadib markii ay burburisay kooxda Daacish.
- Maxkamad Diiday Heshiiska Badda ee Masar iyo Sacuudiga June 22, 2017Maxkamadda Sare ee Dastuurka ee dalka Masar ayaa joojisay laba xukun oo iska soo horjeeday oo horay looga soo saaray heshiiska xadeynta badda ee Dowladaha Sacuudiga iyo Masar, ilaa laga hubinayo sida ay heshiisyadaasi u waafaqsanyihiin dastuurka dalka Masar.
- Diyaarado Duqeyn ka Geystay Somaliland June 21, 2017Diyaarado aan la aqoonsan dalka laga leeyahay oo kuwa dagaalka ah ayaa rasaas ku riday deegaanno ka tirsan Somaliland.
- Muqdisho: Dad Dhaawac ah oo loo Qaaday Sacuudiga June 21, 201714 ka mid ah oo u badan dadkii ku dhaawacmay qaraxyadii ugu dambeeyay ee Muqdisho ka dhacay ayaa maanta loo qaaday dalka boqortooyada Sacuudiga.
- QM: Macluushii Soomaaliya waa laga Baaqsaday June 21, 2017Sarkaal sare oo ka tirsan Qaramada Midoobay ayaa sheegay in macluushii laga baqayay inay ka dhacdo Soomaaliya in laga baaqsaday.
- Al Shabaab oo Weerartey Xerada Daynuunaay June 25, 2017
- Forest Fire in Spain Threatens Renowned National Park June 25, 2017A forest fire in southern Spain forced the evacuation of at least 1,000 people and threatened a national park famous for its biodiversity and endangered species, authorities said Sunday. The fire started on Saturday night on Spain's southern coast, then advanced east to reach the Donana Nature Reserve, one of the country's most important wildlife s […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Colombian Police Arrest 8 for Deadly Shopping Mall Blast June 25, 2017Colombian police have arrested eight suspected members of an anti-government militia for the deadly June 17 blast at a luxury shopping mall in Bogota. A bomb planted behind a second floor toilet killed three and wounded at least eight. The dead include a young French woman who was volunteering at a school for the poor. Police say all eight suspects arrested […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Police Commander Among at Least 10 Killed in Mexican State June 25, 2017Gunmen burst into a restaurant and killed the federal police commander for Veracruz and a second officer in another bloody day for the Mexican state. The police officers were among at least 10 people slain in Veracruz state on Saturday, including four children from one family, according to local officials. Veracruz Gov. Miguel Angel Yunes released a video ca […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Conservative Activists Hold Muted Rallies in Washington June 25, 2017Conservative activists held a pair of rallies in Washington on Sunday to decry the handful of celebrities who have joked about violence against President Donald Trump and to protest efforts to stop contentious speakers at colleges. Both rallies attracted only a few dozen supporters, with nearly as many counterprotesters at one of the events on the steps of t […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Vietnamese Dissident Recounts Deportation to France June 25, 2017A Vietnamese dissident who says he was arrested at his home in southern Ho Chi Minh City and forcibly exiled to France said Sunday he is determined to continue his activity as a pro-democracy blogger. Pham Minh Hoang, a 61-year-old math lecturer, recounted his arrest and deportation in a phone interview with The Associated Press a few hours after his arrival […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Iraqi Troops Push Deeper into Mosul June 25, 2017Iraqi forces pushed deeper into the historical heart of Mosul on Sunday in their fight to retake it from Islamic State militants, with one Baghdad commander saying that 65 to 70 percent of the Old City had been liberated. Lieutenant ColonelSalam al-Obeidi said, "There is less than a square kilometer left to retake." He estimated that there were onl […]email@example.com (Ken Bredemeier)
- Israel Strikes Syrian Targets After Second Day of Stray Fire June 25, 2017The Israeli military said Sunday that it had attacked a series of targets belonging to the Syrian regime after projectiles from the neighboring country landed in its territory for the second day in a row. The military "targeted two artillery positions and an ammunitions truck belonging to the Syrian regime," after "errant fire" from Syria […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- June 25, 2017 June 25, 2017A look at the best news photos from around the world.
- US: It 'Will Be Very Difficult' for Qatar to Meet Arab Neighbors' Demands June 25, 2017U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday that it "will be very difficult" for Qatar to meet some of the demands that Saudi Arabia and three of its allies are making on Doha, but urged that they negotiate an end to the Persian Gulf diplomatic standoff. Tillerson, in a statement a day after Qatar rejected the demands as unreasonable and impi […]email@example.com (Ken Bredemeier)
- Police Enforce Ban on Istanbul Pride March June 25, 2017Turkish police stopped protesters and attempted to disperse those marching for LGBT rights in Istanbul Sunday, a day after the governor banned the march. The French press agency, AFP, reported rubber bullets being fired to break up the crowds. Organizers of the march had vowed to gather in Taksim square despite the event being banned by the Turkish governmen […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- South Korea Urges North to Stop Weapons Development June 25, 2017On the anniversary of the beginning of the Korean war, the South's leader called on the North to stop its nuclear and ballistic missile development. "The North continues provocative military actions such as launching a ballistic missile," South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon told veterans and government officials at a ceremony Sunday honori […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Sectarian Violence Keeps Iraqi Town Off Limits to Townspeople 3 Years After IS June 25, 2017Three years after Islamic State was ousted in Iraq’s Salahuddin province, 12,000 Sunni residents of Sulaiman Bek are unable to return home because Shi'ite Popular Mobilization Forces militiamen turned the town into a military base. VOA’s Dlshad Anwar firstname.lastname@example.org (DiIshad Anwar)
- Chad's Deby Warns Tight Cash Could Limit Fight Against Terrorism June 25, 2017Chad's president, Idriss Deby, an important Western ally in the fight against Islamist militants, warned in an interview that cash-strapped Chad could be forced to withdraw some of its troops from the fight if it does not get financial help. Chad has one of the most capable armies in the region and Deby has played a key role in efforts backed by the Wes […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- UAE President Appears in Video over 3 Years after Stroke June 25, 2017The president of the United Arab Emirates has made a rare public appearance on state media to mark the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan suffered a stroke on Jan. 24, 2014, and underwent emergency surgery. He has rarely been seen in public since, fueling speculation about the state of his health. The state-run WAM […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Top Democrat Slams Obama Administration's Response to Russian Hacks June 25, 2017The top Democrat on the U.S. House Intelligence Committee on Sunday criticized the administration of former President Barack Obama for not taking earlier and tougher action against Russia for its alleged hacks aimed at swaying the Nov. 8 election for Donald Trump. "The Obama administration should have done a lot more when it became clear that not only w […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Modi to Address US Indian Diaspora June 25, 2017Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to address members of the Indian diaspora in Washington and surrounding areas on Sunday during his first visit to the U.S. under the Trump administration. The event is scheduled for Sunday afternoon at the high-end Tysons Corner Ritz-Carlton hotel in Northern Virginia. Unlike Modi's famous reception in 201 […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Trump: 'A Very Narrow Path' to Repeal Obama's Healthcare Law June 25, 2017U.S. President Donald Trump says he and his Republican colleagues in the Senate are facing "a very narrow path" in their seven-year effort to overhaul the national healthcare reforms championed by former President Barack Obama. Trump, in an interview that aired Sunday on Fox News, said, "I think we're going to get there," but acknowl […]email@example.com (Ken Bredemeier)
- Cambodian Local Election Results Offer Hope to Opposition June 25, 2017Final results released Sunday from Cambodia's local elections this month confirmed the dominance of Prime Minister Hun Sen's ruling party, but a strong showing by the opposition saw its prospects boosted for next year's general election. The results issued by the National Election Committee show the ruling Cambodian People's Party capturi […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Marking the End of Ramadan June 25, 2017Jubilation and prayers as Egyptians celebrate Eid Al-fitr marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan. In one of the biggest praying open air yards thousands of Egyptians gather for the email@example.com (Hamada Elrasam)
- China Brokers Deal Between Pakistan, Afghanistan For Managing Crisis-Hit Ties June 25, 2017China has brokered a deal between Pakistan and Afghanistan for the establishment of a bilateral “crisis management mechanism” to avoid any breakdown in mutual communications and contacts in the event of terrorist attacks on both sides of their long shared border. The three countries have also agreed to set up a trilateral foreign minister-level dialogue foru […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Ayaz Gul)
- Forest Fire in Spain Threatens Renowned National Park June 25, 2017
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Somalia Seasonal Monitor June 23, 2017 - ReliefWeb June 25, 2017ReliefWebSomalia Seasonal Monitor June 23, 2017ReliefWebFEWS NET publishes a Seasonal Monitor for Somalia every 10 days (dekad) through the end of the current April to June Gu rainy season. The purpose of this document is to provide updated information on the progress of the Gu season to facilitate ...
- Photos Of Somalia: Surviving In One Of The World's Driest Places ... - NPR June 17, 2017NPRPhotos Of Somalia: Surviving In One Of The World's Driest Places ...NPRIn Somalia, photographer Nichole Sobecki saw how the worsening drought is transforming people's lives.altro »
- US soon to have permanent diplomatic presence in Somalia ... - Minneapolis Star Tribune June 23, 2017Minneapolis Star TribuneUS soon to have permanent diplomatic presence in Somalia ...Minneapolis Star TribuneThe United States ambassador to Somalia says the U.S. once again will have a permanent diplomatic presence in the country after it opens offices in Mogadishu ...altro »
- Somalia: Soldier Who Shot Minister Sentenced to Death | Time.com - TIME June 20, 2017TIMESomalia: Soldier Who Shot Minister Sentenced to Death | Time.comTIMEA military court in Somalia has sentenced a soldier to death by firing squad after he fatally shot the country's minister of public works.Car Bomb in Somalia Capital Kills at Least 15, Police SayU.S. News & World ReportDeadly car bomb attack rocks Somalia's MogadishuAljazee […]
- UNICEF requires $251m to fight poverty in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen - BusinessDay (satire) (press release) (registration) (blog) June 25, 2017BusinessDay (satire) (press release) (registration) (blog)UNICEF requires $251m to fight poverty in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, YemenBusinessDay (satire) (press release) (registration) (blog)According to UNICEF, the welcome announcement of an end to famine conditions in South Sudan this week should not distract from the fact that severe food insecurity co […]
- Somalia: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) resumes medical ... - ReliefWeb June 23, 2017ReliefWebSomalia: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) resumes medical ...ReliefWebMSF resumes medical activities in Somalia Nearly four years after withdrawing its teams from Somalia, MSF has started providing support to Mudug Regional ...altro »
- 7 Dead in Suicide Blast at Police Station in Somalia Capital - U.S. News & World Report June 22, 2017U.S. News & World Report7 Dead in Suicide Blast at Police Station in Somalia CapitalU.S. News & World ReportA Somali woman walks past the scene of a suicide car bomb attack on a police station in Mogadishu, Somalia Thursday, June 22, 2017. A number of people are dead and several others wounded in the blast in Somalia's capital, police said Thurs […]
- Refugee admissions nearly halved as supreme court mulls Trump travel ban - The Guardian June 24, 2017The GuardianRefugee admissions nearly halved as supreme court mulls Trump travel banThe GuardianApproximately two-thirds of refugees admitted to the US in the past three months were from five countries: Syria and Somalia, both included in the travel ban; Iraq, which was included in the first version of the ban; the Democratic Republic of the ...Refugee admis […]
- Turkey's military training camp in Somalia to open soon - Anadolu Agency June 23, 2017Anadolu AgencyTurkey's military training camp in Somalia to open soonAnadolu AgencySomali foreign minister says military training camp will help the Horn of Africa country to renew its national army - Anadolu Agency.altro »
- Somali survivors tell of restaurant siege by rebels; 31 dead - ABC News June 15, 2017Washington PostSomali survivors tell of restaurant siege by rebels; 31 deadABC NewsIslamic extremists attacked a popular Somalia restaurant in an overnight siege and killed 31 people — many at point-blank range — before they were slain by security forces, police said Thursday. Survivors described harrowing scenes of hiding under ...The Latest: US condemns de […]
- Somalia Seasonal Monitor June 23, 2017 - ReliefWeb June 25, 2017
- 'Every Year, I Give Birth': Why War is Driving a Contraception Crisis in Sudan
- Military Might Alone Won’t Pull Mali From Quagmire
- 15 Years Behind Bars in Eritrea
- Kenya Is Abandoning Somali Refugees
- Provide Genuine Refuge to World’s Displaced
- Q&A: The Case of Hissène Habré before the Extraordinary African Chambers in Senegal
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets
- Senegal: Dictator on Trial
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins
- Daniel Bekele
- Erdoğan rejects Saudi demand to pull Turkish troops out of Qatar June 25, 2017Turkey’s president condemns request as a ‘very ugly approach’ and dismisses other demands made of Qatar by Gulf statesTurkey’s president has described as disrespectful a demand by Saudi Arabia and its allies that it withdraw its troops from Qatar as a step towards ending a deepening dispute with the besieged Gulf state. Related: Qatar given 10 days to meet 1 […]Martin Chulov
- Turkish police break up gay pride protest in Istanbul June 25, 2017Police thwart LGBT activists’ attempted parade planned in defiance of an official ban from local authoritiesTurkish police have thwarted an attempt by gay pride activists to hold a parade in Istanbul in defiance of an official ban from the local authorities.Police fired rubber bullets at a group of around 40 activists in the country’s largest city, an AFP jo […]Agence France-Presse in Istanbul
- Spain forest fire forces more than 1,500 from homes and campsites June 25, 2017Emergency services fight to contain major blaze in Huelva, Andalucía, which has been on high alert due to heat waveA major forest fire in southern Spain has forced the evacuation of more than 1,500 people from homes, campsites and hotels, according to a government official. Like much of Spain, the area in Huelva is on high alert for forest fires because of a […]Reuters
- Liberal Berlin mosque to stay open despite fatwa from Egypt June 25, 2017Seyran Ateş’s Ibn Rushd-Goethe mosque allows men and women to pray together and rejects burqa and niqabThe founder of a new liberal mosque in Berlin that allows men and women to pray side by side has vowed to press on with her project even though the institution has been issued with a fatwa from Egypt and attacked by religious authorities in Turkey within a […]Philip Oltermann
- Overturned oil tanker explodes in Pakistan, killing more than 150 June 25, 2017People described as rushing to highway to try to gather leaking fuel from crashed vehicle and being caught in blastAn overturned oil tanker exploded in a huge fireball in Pakistan on Sunday killing more than 150 people, including many women and children, who had rushed to the site to collect fuel spilling from the crashed vehicle.Witnesses described terrifyi […]Kiyya Baloch in Islamabad, Michael Safi and agencies
- Blue shark captured after Mallorca beach panic June 25, 2017Shark was first spotted close to beaches at Cala Major and Can Pastilla, then discovered to have serious head woundA blue shark whose presence in shallow waters off the coast of Mallorca caused panic over the weekend and led to the evacuation of beaches on the Balearic island, has been captured.The animal was first spotted on Saturday as it swam close to the […]Sam Jones in Madrid
- Italy to wind up two failing banks at potential cost of €17bn June 25, 2017Veneto Banca and Banca Popolare di Vicenza, blighted by bad loans and a mis-selling scandal, will open as usual on Monday, says finance minister The Italian government is stepping in to wind up two failing lenders and prevent a bank run, at a total cost of up to €17bn (£15bn).After an emergency cabinet meeting on Sunday, ministers agreed to a decree splittin […]Graeme Wearden
- Norwegians raise cash to re-erect 'penis' rock June 25, 2017Trollpikken, a popular tourist attraction, is broken, bearing cracks and holes that suggest it has been vandalised, say expertsActivists are collecting money to repair a penis-shaped rock formation in southern Norway after the popular tourist attraction was found badly damaged.Joggers on Saturday discovered that the Trollpikken rock formation appeared to hav […]Associated Press
- Cambodian female workers in Nike, Asics and Puma factories suffer mass faintings June 24, 2017Sportswear brands review spate of incidents in factories where employees on short-term contracts work 10-hour days in 30C temperaturesWomen working in Cambodian factories supplying some of the world’s best-known sportswear brands are suffering from repeated mass faintings linked to conditions.Over the past year more than 500 workers in four factories supplyi […]Karen McVeigh in Phnom Penh
- Top Democrat Schiff criticizes Obama over reaction to Russian hacks June 25, 2017Congressman likens Trump complaint on White House inaction to ‘knowingly receiving stolen property [and] blaming police for not stopping the theft’The Obama adminstration “should have done a lot more” to combat Russian interference in the 2016 US election before the result was known, a top congressional Democrat said on Sunday. Related: New details of Russia […]Martin Pengelly
- France: Jean-Luc Mélenchon ready to stand up to Macron June 24, 2017The hard-left leader is prepared to fight in parliament, or on the streets. And tackling the new president on workers’ rights is first on the agendaEntering the French lower house of parliament as an MP for the first time last week, Jean-Luc Mélenchon pointed to the European flag planted next to the French tricolor, turned to the camera tracking him and said […]Kim Willsher in Paris
- China landslide: more than 100 people feared dead in village disaster June 25, 2017Rescue operation launched in Sichuan province after more than 60 homes in Xinmo village were engulfed by avalanche of rockMore than 100 people were feared dead after a landslide buried more than 100 villagers in south-west China’s Sichuan province.Chinese state media said more than 60 homes were covered in rock and mud in Xinmo, a remote village in north Sic […]Reuters
- 'Hi, Dad': California father buries wrong man after coroner says his son is dead June 24, 2017Frank Kerrigan speaks to homeless son by phone 11 days after funeral, having been told of identification made through fingerprintsA southern California man who thought he had buried his son found out 11 days later that the son was still alive, after local coroners misidentified a body.On 6 May, a man was found dead behind a Verizon store in Fountain Valley. […]Associated Press in Santa Ana, California
- Brits’ bogus food poisoning claims leave hoteliers crying: ‘¡Basta!’ June 24, 2017Britons are warned they could be banned from all-inclusive package dealsFor two decades, Miguel has run one of the biggest hotels in Mallorca for holidaymakers on all-inclusive packages. But never has he been so angry and disappointed with his British guests. During a typical year, Miguel welcomes 9,000 British visitors, and many more from Germany and the Ne […]Patrick Collinson
- Kurds see chance to advance their cause in ruins of Islamic State June 24, 2017With the defeat of Isis close, its opponents scent opportunity in the region. Can Kurdish forces win more autonomy?As what remains of Islamic State crumbles, the would-be victors have started circling. In Mosul, Iraqi forces have begun preparing for peace in the city where the now-encircled marauders took root three years ago. Across the border in Raqqa, wit […]Martin Chulov
- Mohammed bin Salman al-Saud: The young hothead who would be king June 24, 2017The new heir to the Saudi kingdom is a man with vast ambitions, but it is his international aspirations that are causing the most concernThe sudden elevation of Mohammed bin Salman to the position of crown prince and heir apparent to his father, King Salman of Saudi Arabia, is a welcome surprise for many Saudis. It is also a matter of deep concern for some o […]Simon Tisdall
- Black St Louis police officer shot by white colleague 'fearing for his safety' June 24, 2017Off-duty black officer arrives at crime scene to help, is ordered to groundWhite officer shoots, ‘apparently not recognizing’ colleagueAn off-duty black St Louis police officer’s race factored into him being mistakenly shot by a white officer who didn’t recognize him during a shootout with black suspects this week, the wounded officer’s lawyer said on Saturd […]Associated Press in St Louis
- Franco-Swiss journalist dies in Paris after being injured in Mosul blast June 24, 2017Experienced conflict reporter Véronique Robert had surgery in Iraq before being transferred to hospital in French capitalThe Franco-Swiss journalist Véronique Robert has died in hospital in Paris after being wounded in an explosion in Mosul earlier this week.She was caught up in a mine explosion in the Iraqi city that killed the Iraqi journalist Bakhtiyar Ha […]Kim Willsher and Reuters
- New Orleans mayor: US climate change policy cannot wait for Trump June 24, 2017Mitch Landrieu says cities will lead as federal government is ‘paralysed’NYC’s de Blasio backs push as Miami Beach shows anti-sea rise workUS cities will lead national policy on climate change after the Trump administration’s withdrawal from the Paris climate accords, working to reduce emissions and become more resilient to rising sea levels, Mitch Landrieu […]Associated Press in Miami Beach
- Qatar given 10 days to meet 13 sweeping demands by Saudi Arabia June 23, 2017Gulf dispute deepens as allies issue ultimatum for ending blockade that includes closing al-Jazeera and cutting back ties with Iran Saudi Arabia and its allies have issued a threatening 13-point ultimatum to Qatar as the price for lifting a two-week trade and diplomatic embargo of the country, in a marked escalation of the Gulf’s worst diplomatic dispute in […]Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor
- Erdoğan rejects Saudi demand to pull Turkish troops out of Qatar June 25, 2017
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- John Magufuli's pregnant schoolgirl ban angers Tanzanian women June 23, 2017An online petition is set up after the president said mothers would be too distracted to go to school.
- SportPesa to end Kenya football league sponsorship over tax June 23, 2017The government imposed a 35% tax on revenues of betting companies.
- Botswana's former President Ketumile Masire dies aged 91 June 23, 2017Sir Ketumile Masire led the country for 18 years and is seen as the architect of its stability.
- Watched chimps change their hunting habits June 23, 2017Wild chimpanzees have changed their hunting strategies in response to being watched and followed by scientists, observations suggest.
- Mauritius wins UN vote on Chagos Islands June 22, 2017The UK says a dispute over the islands with Mauritius is "clearly a matter" for the two countries.
- First UK African war memorial opens June 22, 2017It is dedicated to the two million African-Caribbean soldiers who fought in both world wars.
- London's temporary African-inspired architecture June 23, 2017Diebedo Francis Kere is the 17th architect to design a temporary pavilion in the grounds of London's Hyde Park.
- Could XPrize tablets replace teachers in Tanzania? June 22, 2017Teams around the world are competing to develop tablet software to replace a teacher in developing countries.
- Gambia's ‘deserted’ village: Why did the young men leave? June 23, 2017The village chief of Badibu Saaba, in The Gambia, explains how most of the young men have left. But six months after electing a new president, will things soon change?
- Uganda's lesson in how to treat refugees June 22, 2017Uganda took in more refugees than any other country last year - mostly fleeing the conflict in South Sudan - and has been praised for its open-door policy.
- Togo's 'voodoo vacations' June 23, 2017Traditional voodoo ceremonies are attracting tourists to the small West African nation of Togo.
- Shark attacks threaten Reunion Island tourist trade June 23, 2017Shark attacks on surfers and swimmers around Reunion island have seriously affected local businesses.
- Russian adventure over for Cameroon June 25, 2017Cameroon's adventure at the Fifa Confederations Cup in Russia is over after a 3-1 defeat to reigning world champions Germany.
- Football can heal South Sudan, says FA boss June 25, 2017The new head of South Sudan's Football Association Francis Amin believes he can use the game to unite a fractured nation.
- Abdoul Camara: French club Guingamp sign Guinea international June 24, 2017Guinea international Abdoul Camara joins French side Guingamp on a two-year deal, a day after parting company with English club Derby County.
- Catherine Byaruhanga: Uganda's refugee solidarity June 23, 2017How a 61-year-old farmer embodies Uganda's welcoming attitude to South Sudanese refugees.
- Martin Patience: Nigerian jailed and ransomed June 21, 2017Migrants are falling prey to criminal gangs in Libya - the BBC hears one man's horrific story.
- Sihem Hassaini: Why Tunisian women are having hymen surgery June 19, 2017Tunisian women are expected to be virgins when they marry, leading some to have hymen surgery.
- Style in the slum June 16, 2017His neighbours, in what is probably the world's most famous slum, stare but he doesn't care.
- Rumble in the jungle June 2, 2017Visiting the boxers of Kinshasa, 43 years after Ali and Foreman fought in the Rumble in the Jungle.
- John Magufuli's pregnant schoolgirl ban angers Tanzanian women June 23, 2017
- Corruption Crackdown Intensifies in Tunisia, and the People Cheer June 25, 2017
- White House Pushes Military Might Over Humanitarian Aid in Africa June 25, 2017
- Angola’s Corrupt Building Boom: ‘Like Opening a Window and Throwing Out Money’ June 24, 2017
- U.N. to Investigate Reports of Government-Backed Slaughter in Congo June 24, 2017
- U.N. Asks International Court to Weigh In on Britain-Mauritius Dispute June 23, 2017
- Ghana Court Rejects Resettlement of Guantánamo Bay Detainees June 22, 2017
- Why Migrants Keep Risking All on the ‘Deadliest Route’ June 22, 2017
- Man Charged With Stabbing Officer at Airport Had Tried to Buy a Gun, F.B.I. Says June 22, 2017
- U.N. Security Council Welcomes Deployment of New Counterterrorism Force in Africa June 21, 2017
- Feature: Trained to Kill: How Four Boy Soldiers Survived Boko Haram June 21, 2017