SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Dowladda Gambia oo ka baxaysa maxkamadda ICC October 26, 2016Dowladda Gambia ayaa sheegtay in gabi ahaanba ay ka baxayso maxkamada dambiyada adduunka ee Hague.
- Kenya oo sheegtay in weerarkii Mandera gudaha laga abaabulay October 25, 2016Iskuduwaha arrimaha amniga gobolka Waqooyi Bari ee Kenya Maxamud Salax ayaa sheegay in weerarka Mandera ay ka dambeeyaan "burcad deegaanka ah".
- Ayaan Maxamuud oo la guddoonsiiyay abaalmarinta MBE October 25, 2016Wasiirka Bariga Dhexe iyo Afrika ee UK, Tobias Ellwood, ayaa abaalmarinta MBE ee boqoraddu bixiso guddoonsiiyay Ayaan Maxamuud.
- UNHCR oo sheegtay in tirada dhimashada tahriibayaasha ay sare u kacday October 25, 2016Hay’adda qaxootiga ee UNHCR waxa ay sheegeysaa in sanadkan 2016ka uu yahay kii ay ugu dhimashada badnaayeen dadka tahriibayaasha ah.
- Dhallinyaro u ololeyneysay Trump oo Kampala lagu xiray October 25, 2016Booliska dalka Ugandha waxa ay xireen dhallinyaro dooneysay inay u ololeeyaan musharraxa madaxweyne ee dalka Mareykanka, Donald Trump.
- Ciidamada Ciraaq oo dib ula wareegay magaalada Ratba October 25, 2016Ciidamada amniga ee dalka Ciraaq waxa ay sheegayaan inay si buuxda ula wareegeen magaalada Ratba ee galbeedka dalkaasi.
- Saldhigga AMISOM ee magaalada Beledweyne oo la weeraray October 25, 2016Saldhigga ciidamada AMISOM ee magaalada Beledweyne ayaa maanta weerar is qarxin ah lagu qaaday.
- Wargeyskii ugu weynaa Itoobiya oo shaqada joojiyay October 25, 2016Wargeyskii ugu weynaa dalka Itoobiya ee, the Addis Standard, ayaa joojiyay shaqada.
- UN: Daacish waxay gumaadeysaa dadka rayidka ah ee Moosil October 25, 2016Qaramada Midoobeey ayaa waxay sheegeysaa inay heleyso warar ku saabsan in ururka labaxay Khilaafada Islaamka ay dilayaan dadka shacab ah.
- 60 askari oo lagu dilay dalka Pakistan October 25, 2016Rag hubeysan ayaa weerar ku qaaday xarun booliska lagu tababaro oo ku taala bannaanka magaalada Quetta ee koonfur Galbeed dalka Pakistan, halkaasi oo ay ku dhinteen ugu yaraan 60 ka tirsan askartii tababarka ku jirtay iyo dhawr qof oo ilaalo ahaa.
- Soomaaliya: 'Lahaysteyaal sheegay inay cuni jireen jiir' October 24, 2016Koox ay budhcad badeed Soomaaliya ku haysatay ku dhowaad shan sano ayaa soo gaartay caasimadda Kenya ee Nairobi, waxa ayna markii ugu horreysay ka hadleen xaaladii ay ku noolaayeen muddadii ay gacanta ugu jireen burcad badeedda Soomaalida.
- Faransiiska oo xiraya xerada qaxootiga ee Calais October 24, 2016In kabdan 1200 oo askari oo ka tirsan booliska dalka Faransiiska iyo saraakiil kale ayaa la filayaa in maanta ay billaabaan in ay kummanaanka qof ee qaxootiga ah ka saaraan xerada muhaajiriinta ee ku taala magaalada Calais ee dalkaasi.
- Qaramada Midoobay oo ka digtay xaaladda barakacayaasha Gaalkacyo October 24, 2016Hay'adda Qaramada Midoobay u qaabilsan isku duwidda gargaarka bini'aadamnimo ee Soomaaliya ee UNOCHA ayaa sheegtay dagaalka ka soconaya magaalada Gaalkacyo ay ku barakeceen kummaan qof oo rayid ah.
- Heerka gaaska CO2 ayaa gaaray meel cusub ee isbeddelka cimilada adduunka October 24, 20162016 ayaa u eg inuu noqdo sanadkii ugu horeeyay taariikhda ee gaaska CO2 ee hawada ku jira uu ka kormaray heerka 400 ppm - molekulis halkii milyan.
- Nairobi: Basaska waa la isku dhex baartaa October 24, 2016Dadweynaha Kenya oo adeegsanaya halhayska #StopMatatuMenace ee Twitter ka ayaa ku baaqay in la xaqdhowro haweenka iyo in la hirgaliyo sharciyada gaadiidka dadweynaha ee loo yaqaan Matatu-ga.
- USA oo ka walaacsan hadallada madaxweynaha Philippines October 24, 2016Diblomaasiga ugu sareeya waaxda qaabilsan qaaradda Asia ee wasaaradda arimaha dibada Maraykanka, oo booqasho ku jooga magaalada Manila, ayaa sheegay in hadalladii dhawaan ka soo yeedhay madaxweynaha Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, ay walaac ka dhaliyeen Maraykanka iyo waddamo kale.
- Mandela saaxiibkii oo ku baaqay in Zuma la casilo October 24, 2016Wargeys ka soo baxa magaalada Johannesburg oo la yidhaa Star, ayaa sheegay in mid ka mid ah xubnaha mudada dheer ku soo jiray xisbiga talada dalka Koonfur Afrika haya ee ANC ayaa ku eedeeyay madaxweyne Jacob Zuma in uu "dilay" xisbiga.
- Amiirkii hore ee Qadar Sheekh Khalifa oo geeriyooday October 24, 2016Amiirkii hore ee dalka Qadar, Sheekh Khalifa Bin Xamad Al-thani ayaa geeriyooday shalay oo Axad ahayd, isaga oo da'diisu tahay 84 sano jir.
- Cameron: Baroor-diiq loo sameynayo 80 qof oo ku dhimatay shil tareen October 24, 2016Waxaa dalka Cameron ka billowday maalin baroor diiq qaran ah ka dib markii shil tareen oo dalkaasi ka dhacay Jimcihii ay ku dhinteen 80 qof.
- Daacish oo ku duushay magaalada Rabta ee dalka Ciraaq October 23, 2016Wararka ka imaanaya dalka Ciraaq waxay sheegayaan in ururka la baxay Khilaafada Islaamka ay weerar ku qaaday magaalo lagu magacaabo Ratba.
- Dowladda Gambia oo ka baxaysa maxkamadda ICC October 26, 2016
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia's silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year's Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- Hillary Clinton oo ka hadashay midnimada Somaliya (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Shir looga hadlay Islaam Naceybka oo Ka Dhacay Minnesota October 26, 2016Waxaa magaalda Miniapolis ee gobolka Minnesota xalay lagu qabtey kulan ay ka qeybgaleen heyadaha amaanka iyo cadaalda Mareykanka iyo bulshada Soomaalida ee gobolka Minnesota.
- Maxkamad Mareykan ah oo Danbi Ku Heshay Haween Soomaali-Mareykan ah October 26, 2016Maxkamad federaali ah oo ku taallo dalkan Mareykanka ayaa xukmisay in ay danbiilayaal yihiin laba haween oo Soomaali-Mareykan ah kuwaas oo ku eedeesnaa in ay lacago u aruuriyeen ururka Al-Shabaab.
- Khasaaraha Ka Dhashay Qaraxa Baladweyne oo Kordhay October 25, 2016Ururka Al-Shabab ayaa sheegtay mas'uuliyadda qarax xooggan oo maanta duhurnimadii lala beegsaday saldhig ay ciidamada nabad ilaalinta Jabuuti ku leeyihiin magaalada Beledweyne.
- Khilaaf ka Taagan Ballaarinta Dekadda Dooraale ee Jibuuti October 25, 2016Degmada Dooraale ee ku taalla duleedka caasimadda Jabuuti, ayaa waxaa ka taagan is mari waa u dhexeeya maamulka dekadda oo raba in balaadhin lagu sameeyo guud ahaan dekadda iyo dadweynaha ku nool deegaanka.
- Wareysi Guddoomiyaha Maxkamadda Sare, Ibraahim Iidle October 25, 2016Guddoomiyaha maxkamadda sare ee Soomaaliya Ibraahim Iidle Saleebaan, ayaa sheegey in hay'adaha garsooorku dhex dhexaad ka yihiin doorashooyinka Soomaaliya ka dhacaya, oo aysanna cid gaar ah la safneyn.
- 12 ku Dhimatay Weerar ka Dhacay Mandera October 25, 2016Weerar kale oo culus ayaa Al-Shabab ay ka fulisay gudaha dalka Kenya saacadihii hore ee Talaadada maanta ah sida ay sheegayaan booliiska iyo dadka magaalada.
- C/wali Gaas oo DFS Ku Eedeeyay Dagaallada Gaalkacyo October 25, 2016Magaalada Gaalkacyo ee xarrunta gobolka Mudug, waxa dhawaanahan ka dhacayay dagaallo u dhaxeeya maamullada Galmudug iyo Puntland.
- Wicitaanka: Wasiirka Arrimaha Gudaha Md. Odawaa October 24, 2016Kusoo dhawaada dhageystayaal barnaamijka Wicitaanka Dhageystaha, oo toddobaadkan marti ku ah wasiirka arrimaha gudaha dowladda federaalka ah ee Soomaaliya Md. C/raxmaan Maxamed Xuseen (Odawaa).
- Sargaal iyo Haweenay Lagu Diley Muqdisho October 24, 2016Wararka ka imaanaya Muqdisho ayaa sheegayo in la diley Sargaal Cabdicasiis Caraaye, haweenayna ay u dhimatey qarax ka dhacay suuq ku yaalo xaafadda Hodan.
- Warbixinta Qaramada Midoobey ee Dagaalka Gaalkacyo October 24, 2016Xafiiska iskuduwida arrimaha bini-aadanimo ee QM, ee marka lasoo gaabiyo loo yaqaan OCHA ayaa warbixinta uu ka sameeyey xaaladda dagaalka ee magaalada Gaalkacyo waxaa ay ku sheegeen in ay xaaladda dadka magaaladaasi ku nool ay liidato. Sida ay warbixintu qortey, 18 qof ayaa ku dhintey 60 kalana waa ay ku dhaawacmeen dagaalkan tan iyo 7dii bishan aan kujirno […]
- Yaa Maalgeliya Ololaha Doorashada Somalia? October 24, 2016Doorashada ka dhacaysa Soomaaliya ee labada Aqal ee Baarlamaanka iyo tan Madaxweynennimada ayaa abuurtay dhaqaale badan oo soo gala saaxada siyaasadda. Lacagtaasi ayay ololayaashooda u adeegsanayaan musharrixiinta kala duwan si loo soo doorto.
- Dagaal Markale Ka Dhacay Gaalkacayo October 24, 2016Wararka naga soo gaadhaya magaalada Gaalkacayo ayaa sheegay in saaka subaxdii uu dagaal ka dhacay magaalada Gaalkacayo kaas oo u dhexeeya ciidamada maamullada Puntland iyo Galmudug.
- Ciidamada Ciraaq oo Duqeeyey Hareeraha Mosul October 24, 2016Ciidamada dalka Ciraaq ee ku guda jira hawlgalka dib loogu qabsanayo magaalada Mosul ayaa duqeeyey goobo ku hareeraysan magaaladaasi maanta oo Isniina. Meelaha sida gaarka ah loo bartilmaameedsaday waxaa ka mida goob u dhow Bartella oo 15 KM bari ka xigta Mosul.
- Norway oo Shraciga kala Noqonaysa Soomaali Badan October 24, 2016In ka badan Kun iyo Lix boqol (1600) qof oo Soomaali ah, ayaa dowladda Norway ay kala noqotey sharciyadii aqoonsiga waddankaasi.
- Toddobaadka Soomaalida ee London oo Furmay October 23, 2016Waxaa magaalada London ka socda todobaadka dhaqanka Soomaalida oo sanadkiiba mar lagu qabto magaalada London ee xarunta dalka Britain. Kulankan waxaa ka qaybgala dad magac ku leh bulshada Soomaalida oo waayo aragnimo u leh Dhaqanka, Suugaanta, Siyaasadda, Qoraalka iwm.
- Shabaab oo Weeraray Degmada Afmadow October 23, 2016Ugu yaraan sadex qof ayaa ku dhimatay shan kalena way ku dhaawacmeen kadib weerar qorsheysan oo xalay 10-kii fiidnimo ay Maleeshiyaad ka tirsan kooxda Al shabaab ay ku qaadeen degmada Afmadow ee gobolka Jubbada Hoose.
- Dhalinyarada sida Weyn ugu Tiirsan Baraha Bulshada October 23, 2016Cabdi Tahliil Faarax iyo Maxamed Cabdirisaaq oo ku magacdheer Ina-Waaberi, waa dhalinyaro ku nool dalka Sweden, waxay baraha isgaadhsiinta ku soo bandhigaan barnaamijyo maad iyo madadaalo ah, kuwaas oo soo jiita dadweyne kala duwan.
- Xabad Joojintii Yemen oo Dhamaatay October 23, 2016Isbaheysiga uu sacuudiga horkacayo ayaa maanta oo Axad ah sii wada duqymaha cirka ee ay ku hayeen baraha Xuutiyiinta eek u yaala agagaaraha magaalada Sanca.
- Dhageyso Barnaamijka Martida Makarafoonka October 22, 2016Kusoo dhawaada barnaamijka Martida Makarafoonka, oo aan todobaadkan ku faaqidi doonno dagaalka ka socda magaalada Mosul ee dalka Ciraaq.
- Burcad Badeed Sii Deysay Ajaaniib ay Heysteen October 22, 2016Wararka ka imanaya maamul goboleedka Galmudug ayaa sheegaya in habeenkii Jimcaha ahaa (Xalay) la sii daayey 26 nin oo u kala dhashay dalalka Shiinaha, Filibiin, Indonisia, Teywaan, iyo Fiyetnaam, kuwaas oo muddo afar sano koox burcad-badeed ahi ay madax furasho u haystay.
- Shir looga hadlay Islaam Naceybka oo Ka Dhacay Minnesota October 26, 2016
- Vatican Official Questioned Over Sex Abuse Claims October 26, 2016Australian police have interviewed top Vatican official George Pell in Rome over decades-old sexual assault allegations, but authorities said no charges were filed. A spokeswoman for Australia’s Victoria Police Department said three members of the police force travelled to Rome last week and Pell agreed voluntarily to be interviewed. “As a result of the inte […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Trump: Clinton's Syria Policy Would Bring World War 3 October 26, 2016Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says Democrat Hillary Clinton's Syria policies would lead to another world war. "What we should do is focus on ISIS. We should not be focusing on Syria," Trump said in an interview with Reuters. "You're going to end up in World War Three over Syria if we listen to Hillary Clinton. […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Fate of Children in Doubt as Calais Camp Demolition Begins October 26, 2016The demolition of the camp that came to symbolize Europe’s refugee crisis is underway in Calais, France. Commonly known as “the jungle,” the camp has been home to an estimated 6,500 people, according to the French government, including 1,200 unaccompanied and separated children. Some of those children are now being offered the chance to relocate to Britain. […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Salem Solomon)
- Major US Media Merger Faces Questions From Investors, Regulators October 26, 2016A massive merger in the U.S. cable television, movie and internet business is a symptom of large and rapid changes in that industry. Combining AT&T with Time Warner boosted stock markets, but a social media expert says making large companies even bigger could hurt the innovation that is the key to survival. Some other experts say the combined company mig […]email@example.com (Jim Randle)
- Gambia Latest African Country to Withdraw From International Criminal Court October 26, 2016Gambia accused the International Criminal Court of ignoring “war crimes” Tuesday as it withdrew from the institution Tuesday, following in the footsteps of South Africa and Burundi, which withdrew from the court earlier this month. Gambia’s Information Minister Sheriff Bojang accused the court system of being racist and unfairly targeting Africans for prosec […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Car Makers Pushing for Self-Driving Cars October 26, 2016In spite of widespread concerns about the safety and security of self-driving cars, all major manufacturers are rushing forward to develop the new technology. The general feeling is if you lose the momentum you may be crushed by the competition. VOA’s George Putic reports about the latest trends.
- Pulitzer Prize Winner: IS Myth Will Linger After Demise of 'Caliphate' October 26, 2016Iraq's army supported by the United States and others is advancing on Mosul, an Iraqi city that has been under Islamic State control for two years serving as an important stronghold in the so-called 'caliphate,' headquartered in the Syrian city of Raqqa. But the crumbling of the 'caliphate' on the ground will not end Islamic State, s […]
- Some Americans Go All Out Decorating Homes for Halloween October 26, 2016Halloween is the spookiest day of the year in the United States with people attending costume parties, visiting haunted attractions and telling scary stories. But on October 31, Halloween is most well-known for costumed children going door-to-door in the evening, saying “trick or treat” to receive candy. Traditionally, the only decoration was a jack-o-’lante […]
- Major US Media Merger Faces Questions From Investors, Regulators October 26, 2016A massive merger in the U.S. cable television, movie and internet business is a symptom of large and rapid changes in that industry. Combining AT&T with Time Warner boosted stock markets, but a social media expert says making large companies even bigger could hurt the innovation that is the key to survival. VOA's Jim Randle reports, some other exper […]
- Clinton Has Edge Nationally and in Key States With 2 Weeks to Go October 26, 2016As the November 8th election nears, Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump are focused on a handful of so-called “battleground” states that will determine who will be the next president of the United States. The United States elects a president through the state-by-state accumulation of Electoral College votes. From Washington, VOA National Cor […]
- Report: 170 Years From Now, Women Will Earn as Much as Men October 26, 2016How long will it be before women earn the same pay as men for the same job? One hundred seventy years. Yes, you read that right: 170 years. That's how long it will take to achieve economic parity between the sexes, according to the World Economic Forum's Global Gender Report released Tuesday. The Geneva-based body pushed back its projection for eco […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Another Iranian-American Draws Stiff Prison Term in Iran October 26, 2016A 46-year-old Iranian-American says a court in northeastern Iran has sentenced him to 18 years in prison after convicting him of "collaborating with a hostile government." Details of the trial and sentencing of Gholamrez Reza Shahini emerged Tuesday, after Shahini made contact with family members in the United States and after he managed to speak b […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- IMF Expects Tepid Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa October 26, 2016The International Monetary Fund warned on Tuesday that growth in sub-Saharan Africa was likely to slow to its lowest point in more than 20 years, with average growth forecast at just 1.5 percent this year because of lower commodity prices and an unfriendly global economic environment. Countries without significant natural resources such as Ethiopia, Ivory Co […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Obama to Travel to Greece, Germany, Peru after Election Day October 26, 2016President Barack Obama will travel to Europe and Latin America the week after the presidential election. It's expected to be his last major foreign trip before he leaves office in January. The White House says Obama will arrive in Greece on Nov. 15 to meet with President Procopis Pavlopoulos and Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras. Obama plans to discuss Gree […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Facebook for All! Cuba to Roll Out Internet to More Homes October 26, 2016Cuba, a few decades late to the internet era, plans to bring the web into some households in Havana by the end of the year, the Cuban News Agency (ACN) reported Tuesday. Communist-ruled Cuba has one of the lowest internet penetration rates in the world. While the government blames cost for lack of investment in infrastructure, critics suggest the real impedi […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- For First Time, an American Wins Man Booker Prize October 26, 2016Paul Beatty has become the first American writer to win the prestigious Man Booker prize. Beatty’s The Sellout, a caustic satire on U.S. race relations, won the $61,000 prize, which was previously open only to writers from Britain, Ireland and the Commonwealth — an alliance of countries that used to be part of the British Empire. Historian Amanda Foreman, wh […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Two Women Convicted in US of Financing Somali Group Al-Shabab October 26, 2016Two women who U.S. prosecutors say led an online group in raising money to support the Somali insurgent group al-Shabab were convicted by a federal judge Tuesday following a trial in U.S. District Court in Virginia. Muna Osman Jama, 36, and Hinda Osman Dhirane, 46, were found guilty of organizing the so-called Group of Fifteen women from eight countries that […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- US: IS Attacks Elsewhere Have Not Shaken Focus on Mosul October 26, 2016Efforts by the Islamic State terror group to draw attention away from the Iraqi-led assault on the key northern city of Mosul are having little if any impact, according to U.S. defense and intelligence officials. IS fighters started launching a series of counterattacks hundreds of kilometers away from the main battlefront Friday, carrying out attacks on the […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeff Seldin)
- Vatican: Do Not Scatter, Divide Cremated Remains October 25, 2016The Vatican has issued new guidelines recommending that the cremated remains of Catholics be buried in cemeteries rather than be kept at home, scattered or divided among family members. The Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith issued updated instructions Tuesday on rules for cremation. The church reiterated its approval of cremation, but […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- US Official: Stopping N. Korea's Nuclear Program 'Probably Is Lost Cause' October 25, 2016The director of U.S. national intelligence says the ongoing U.S. push to persuade North Korea to give up its controversial nuclear program is, in his words, "probably a lost cause." James Clapper delivered his assessment Tuesday in New York to the nonpartisan, independent Council on Foreign Relations. "They are not going to do that," he s […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Vatican Official Questioned Over Sex Abuse Claims October 26, 2016
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Islamists launch three attacks in Somalia and Kenya in 24 hours - Reuters October 25, 2016UPI.comIslamists launch three attacks in Somalia and Kenya in 24 hoursReutersAfrican Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) peacekeepers assess the scene of an explosion after members of the al Shabaab Islamist group rammed a suicide truck bomb into their military base in the area of Beledweyne town, north of the capital Mogadishu, ...Militants Launch Three Attac […]
- Al-Shabab claims attack on African Union base in Somalia - Washington Post October 25, 2016TRT WorldAl-Shabab claims attack on African Union base in SomaliaWashington PostMOGADISHU, Somalia — A suicide truck bomber struck an African Union base in central Somalia on Tuesday, and extremist group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the attack. The bomber detonated the explosives-laden vehicle at the gates of the base in ...Shabaab launches series of […]
- Somalia one of world's great danger zones for Christians - Crux: Covering all things Catholic October 26, 2016Crux: Covering all things CatholicSomalia one of world's great danger zones for ChristiansCrux: Covering all things CatholicThere is only a single church in Somalia: St. Anthony of Padua in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland, a semi-autonomous region. Saying Mass has been and continues to be “very dangerous,” the bishop told the international Catholic […]
- Local conflicts must be resolved to achieve peace in Somalia - Reliefweb October 26, 2016Local conflicts must be resolved to achieve peace in SomaliaReliefwebA complex land dispute that displaced thousands of people prompted the people of Jowhar, Somalia to take up arms. But support from Sida-funded peace organisations helped the conflicting clans to negotiate and reach a peaceful solution. Solving local ...
- [OPINION] The US and its presence in Somalia - Eyewitness News October 25, 2016[OPINION] The US and its presence in SomaliaEyewitness NewsIt is a battle that will embroil the next occupant of the White House, whomever he or she may be. The US was at pains to stay out of Somalia following the 1993 setback known as Black Hawk Down when 18 American troops died fighting warlord Mohammed ...
- Somalia's poll is progressive - The Star, Kenya October 25, 2016The Star, KenyaSomalia's poll is progressiveThe Star, KenyaElections are always intense, starting from the campaign period to the balloting day, and so is Somalia's indirect electoral process. The campaigns for various positions are underway in the capital Mogadishu and the various regional capitals. On the ...
- With just one place to worship, Somalia is a dangerous place for Christians - Catholic News Agency October 25, 2016With just one place to worship, Somalia is a dangerous place for ChristiansCatholic News AgencyThere is only a single church in Somalia: St. Anthony of Padua in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland, a semi-autonomous region. Saying Mass has been and continues to be “very dangerous,” the bishop told international Catholic charity Aid to the Church ...altro » […]
- Al Shabaab gunmen kill Somalia intelligence officer in Mogadishu - The Standard (press release) October 25, 2016Garowe OnlineAl Shabaab gunmen kill Somalia intelligence officer in MogadishuThe Standard (press release)Mogadishu: Gunmen from Somalia's al Shabaab militant group shot dead a senior intelligence officer as he walked to a mosque in Mogadishu late on Monday, police and the group said. Colonel Abdiasis Araye was killed in the capital's Waberi distric […]
- Clashes in Galkayo, Somalia Harm Civilians - Human Rights Watch October 25, 2016Garowe OnlineClashes in Galkayo, Somalia Harm CiviliansHuman Rights Watch“We can't afford to keep fleeing,” said “Halima,” a 35-year-old mother of four who recently fled fighting in the contested town of Galkayo in central Somalia. “Those fighting might have big houses to hide in, but we live in tents and the bullets can ...Clashes in Somalia displace 7 […]
- Somalia pirates' hostages freed after five years - BBC News October 22, 2016BBC NewsSomalia pirates' hostages freed after five yearsBBC NewsJohn Steed, who works with the Hostage Support Partnership, said information about the hostages' condition was limited to photos sent to prove the men were still alive. "We won't know until I actually pick them up inside Somalia tomorrow," he told the BBC.Freed hostages […]
- Islamists launch three attacks in Somalia and Kenya in 24 hours - Reuters October 25, 2016
- 15 Years Behind Bars in Eritrea
- Kenya Is Abandoning Somali Refugees
- Provide Genuine Refuge to World’s Displaced
- Q&A: The Case of Hissène Habré before the Extraordinary African Chambers in Senegal
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets
- Senegal: Dictator on Trial
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins
- Daniel Bekele
- Peter Bouckaert
- Zama Coursen-Neff
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- The Gambia joins African queue to leave ICC October 26, 2016The Gambia is the latest country to say it will leave the International Criminal Court, accusing it of humiliating Africans.
- 'Al-Shabab attack' on Kenyan town Mandera kills 12 October 25, 2016At least 12 people, including two actors, die in an attack in Kenya, which Somali militant group al-Shabab says it carried out.
- Zimbabwe judge fines Chinese man for selling flags October 25, 2016A judge in Zimbabwe fines a Chinese national for selling the national flag without authorisation, the state-run Herald newspaper reports.
- UK aid 'must give value for money' October 25, 2016Major multinational aid funding may be cut unless it provides better value for money, International Development Secretary Priti Patel says.
- Central African Republic: Four dead in UN Bangui shooting October 24, 2016Four people are killed during protests against the UN peacekeeping mission in Central African Republic.
- Cameroon appeals for blood after deadly train crash October 24, 2016Officials in Cameroon urge the public to donate blood to help the 600 people wounded in Friday's train crash, as the number of dead rises to 80.
- African champions Mamelodi Sundowns the toast of South Africa October 24, 2016Mamelodi Sundowns are the toast of South Africa after becoming only the second club from the country to ever win the African Champions League.
- From Kenyan slums to Europe's catwalks October 25, 2016The tailors from the Kenyan slum of Kibera whose suits are now being shown on the catwalks of Europe.
- South Africa's golden rhino of Mapungubwe travels to London October 24, 2016One of South Africa's greatest historical artefacts is the star attraction of an exhibition of the country's art opening at the British Museum in London on 27 October.
- Meet Cairo's female tuk-tuk drivers October 24, 2016Tuk-tuks are predominantly driven by men in Egypt, but the country's economic woes are driving more women to it as a means of earning a living.
- 'Innocent' Kenyan held in Guantanamo Bay for nine years October 24, 2016A new report reveals details of the "extraordinary rendition" of Kenyan citizens as part of the US "war on terror".
- Emotional return for 'forgotten' pirate hostages October 24, 2016A group of hostages held by Somali pirates for nearly five years has arrived in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi. The BBC's Tomi Oladipo was there.
- Student start-ups are 'next big thing' in Tanzania October 23, 2016How Tanzania's young entrepreneurs are being supported and nurtured.
- Manchester United: Eric Bailly hopes to be back from knee injury in two months October 25, 2016Manchester United defender Eric Bailly says he hopes to be back within two months after suffering a knee injury.
- Southampton easing Boufal back into action October 25, 2016Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's EFL Cup game between Southampton and Sunderland.
- Chris Simpson: Behind the smile October 20, 2016The Gambia is known to tourists as "the smiling coast of West Africa", but this masks something more troubling, as Chris Simpson has been finding out.
- Nancy Kacungira: Uganda's life-saving potato October 18, 2016Millions of children across Africa suffer from malnutrition - one way to tackle this is a special type of sweet potato that can deliver an extra vitamin hit which is being developed in Uganda, writes the BBC's Nancy Kacungira.
- Mary Harper: Somalia's difficult path to democracy October 19, 2016Somalis were promised that 2016 would see the country's first democratic poll in nearly 50 years, but the reality is much more complicated.
- Africa's top shots: 14-20 October 2016 October 21, 2016A selection of the best photos from across Africa this week.
- Octopus hunters of Zanzibar October 19, 2016The white beaches of Zanzibar’s coast are home to the octopus hunters, in search of the delicacy.
- The Gambia joins African queue to leave ICC October 26, 2016
- Militants Bomb Kenya Hotel, Killing 12; Shabab Claim Responsibility October 25, 2016
- More Migrants Leave Calais ‘Jungle’ Camp as Demolition Begins October 25, 2016
- Kenya Spares the Lives of Everyone on Its Death Row October 24, 2016
- Freed Sailors Recount Years of Torture at the Hands of Somali Pirates October 24, 2016
- 26 Asian Sailors Released After Ransom, Somali Pirate Says October 22, 2016
- Kigeli V, the Last King of Rwanda, Dies at 80 October 23, 2016
- Egyptian Army Officer Killed Outside Home; Militant Group Is Suspected October 22, 2016
- Discovering Contemporary African Art, With a Curator as a Guide October 24, 2016
- Train Derails in Cameroon, Leaving Dozens Dead October 21, 2016
- South Africa to Withdraw From International Criminal Court October 21, 2016