SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- 20 ku dhimatay qaraxyo ka dhacay Turky October 10, 2015Labo qarax oo waaweyn, ayaa ka dhacay meel u dhow saldhig tareenada oo ku yaala caasimadda Turkiga ee Ankara.
- US oo Ruushka markale kala hadlaya Suuriya October 10, 2015Mareykanka waxa uu sheegayaa in Ruushka uu aqbalay in dib loo billaabo wadahadallada lagu xaqiijinayo in xoogagga labada dal aysan isku dhicin xilliga ay sameynayaan ololaha duqeynta Suuriya.
- Gantaallo laga tuuray Qaza oo ku dhacay Israa'iil October 10, 2015Ciidamada israa’iil waxa ay sheegteen in koox hubeysan oo Falastiin ah ee Marinka Qaza ay gantaallo ku tureen dhanka ay Israa’iil maamusho, saacado kaddib markii ciidamada Yahuudda ay dileen lix qof oo Falastiiniyiin ah.
- Bilada Nobel ee nabada oo lagu dhawaaqay October 9, 2015Kooxda Wadahadalka Qaranka Tunisia ayaa ku guulaysatay bilada Nopel Peace ee sanadkan qaybtii ay ka qaadatay in waddanka uu u gudbo dimoqraadiyad.
- Soomaaliya iyo Djibouti oo laga badiyay October 9, 2015Kooxda xulka qaranka Soomaaliya ayaa looga badiyay 2-0 ciyaartii ay la lahaayeen Niger ee ka dhacday Addisababa halka Djibouti looga badiyay 6-0.
- Rabshado ay ku dhinteen Falastiiniyiin October 9, 2015Ilaa lix Falastiiniyiin ayaa ku dhintay rabshado cusub oo u dhaxeeya Falastiiniyiinta iyo Israel oo ku faafay magaalada Qaza.
- IS oo qabsatay tuulooyin October 9, 2015Kooxda la magac baxday dowladda Islaamiga ee dalka Suuriya ayaa tuulooyin ka tirsan magaalada Xalab qabsaday.
- Iran: Jeneraal Hamedani oo la dilay October 9, 2015Jeneraal Xuseen Hamadani oo ka tirsanaa ilaalada kacaanka Iran ayaa lagu dilay dalka Suuriya.
- Doorashooyinka saddex dal oo Afrikaan ah October 8, 2015Waxaa doorashooyin ay ka dhqacayaan saddex dal ee Guinea, Ivory Coast iyo Tanzania.
- Falaqeyn ku saabsan FIFA iyo eedeynta Blatter October 8, 2015Qareenka madaxa Xiriirka kubadda cagta caalamka ee FIFA, Sepp Blatter, waxa uu sheegay inaan lagu wargelin tallaaba kastoo ay qaadayaan guddiga anshaxa ee xiriirka ee shaqada la doonayo in looga joojiyo.
- Sawiro: Soomaalida ka soo qaxeysa Yemen October 5, 2015Sawiro: Soomaalida ka soo qaxeysa Yemen.
- Duulimaad hal doolar iyo bar ah October 5, 2015Duulimaad hal doolar iyo bar ah oo aan dhulka ka kaceyn
- Sawirle iska qaaday sawir aroos October 4, 2015Sawirle iska qaaday sawir aroos oo helay markii dambe lammaanihii uu ka qaaday sawirka
- Daawo: Iskuulada UK iyo Teknoolajiyada waxbarashada October 2, 2015Iskuulaadka UK ayaa waxay dhiiri galinayaan in la isticmaalo Kombiyutarada yar yar iyo taleefoonada casriga ee Smart Phone in lagu isticmaalo fasalada.
- Dunida xoogtan la'aan malagu dhaqi karaa? October 2, 2015Waxaa maanta caalamka laga xusayaa maalinta rabsho la'aanta ama xoogtan la'aanta, oo lagu beegay maalintii uu dhashay, Mahatma Gandhi, oo ahaa nin usoo halgamay madax bannaanida Hindiya, isagoo si nabdood ula xisaabtamay gumeytihii Britain.
- Daawo: Tijaabo daawayn cusub ee indho la'aanta September 29, 2015Dhaqaatiirta London ayaa isticmaalaya Stem Cells si loo daaweeyo cudurka dada la xiriira ee AMD ee indho la'aanta keena.
- Waa maxay ujeedka dhabta ah ee Ruushku uu ka leeyahay Suuriya oo uu dagaalka ugu biiray? October 1, 2015Ciidammada cirka ee Ruushka ayaa markii ugu horrasay weerrar cirka ah ka gaystay gudaha dalka Suuriya, haddaba maxay tahay ujeedka dhabta ah ee Ruushku uu ka leeyahay Suuriya? Halkan ka dhageyso faallo umuurtaasi ku saabsan.
- Puntland oo diyaar u ah in ay qaabisho maxaabiista burcad-badeeda September 30, 2015Puntland ayaa sheegtay in ay diyaar u tahay in ay qaabisho maxaabiista Soomaalida ee ugu xiran burcad-badeednimada daafaha dunida. Halkan ka dhageyso wareysi umuurtaasi ku saabsan.
- Maydka wiil Soomaaliyeed oo muddo bil ka badan ku xayiran dalka Sweden September 29, 2015Siraad Caanood Shire, oo ah hooyo Soomaaliyeed waxa ay ka walaacsan tahay in maydka wiilkeeda uu muddo bil ka badan ku xayiran yahay dalka Sweden, halkaasi oo uu ku geeriyooday maalin un kaddib markii uu gaaray isagoo magangalya doon ah.
- Maxaa looga hadlayaa shirka gaarka ah ee Qaramada Midoobay ee Soomaaliya? September 28, 2015Waxaa lagu wadaa in maanta magaalada New York lagu qabto shir gaar ah looga hadlayo arrimaha Soomaaliya oo ay wadajir u shir gudoomin doonaan madaxweynaha Soomaaliya, Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud iyo Xoghayaha Guud ee Qaramada Midoobay, Ban Ki-moon.
- 20 ku dhimatay qaraxyo ka dhacay Turky October 10, 2015
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia's silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year's Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Go’aanada shirka London oo la sii ogaaday (1)
- FAALLO: Ceelka Shidaalka ee Puntland;- Ma Hanti Qaran, mise Dhaxal-beeleed ? (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Former Somali PM elected regional state president (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Niger oo ka Badisay Soomaaliya October 9, 2015Xulka kubadda cagta Soomaaliya, ayaa 2-0 looga adkaaday cayaar ka tirsan is-reeb reebka koobka adduunka oo ay Addis Ababa kula yeesheen xulka kubbadda cagta ee Niger.
- Guddi Tunisian ah oo Abaal-marinta Nobel Hantay October 9, 2015Abaalmarinta Nabadda ee Nobel-ka sanadka 2015, ayaa la siiyay kooxda wada hadalka Tunisia, oo lagu ammaanay doorkii ay ku lahaayeen sameynta nidaamka dumuqraaddiyadda dalka Tunisia.
- Xaaladda Qaxootiga iyo Muhaajiriinta Yurub Ku Qulqula October 9, 2015Warbixinnada hoos ku jira ee sita wareysiyada ayaa ah warbixinno aannu kaga hadlayno dhibaatooyinka soo wajaha qaxootiga iyo muhaajiriinta ku sii qulqulaya qaaradda Yurub. Warbixinnada ayaa ah kuwo laga wareystay uuna soo dirtay Cabdicasiis Xuseen Cismaan oo ka mid ah weriyeyaal ka socda VOA ee safar shaqo ku maraya dalalka ku yaalla qaaradda Yurub. Weriyeya […]
- Muhaajiriin Talyaaniga la Keenay October 8, 2015In kabadan 1400 oo Muhaajiriin African ah ayaa toddobaadkan la keenay Talyaaniga, kadib markii laga soo badbaadiyay badda Meditarrenean-ka.
- Xasiloonida Somalia oo Halis u Ah Mushaar La'aan October 8, 2015Kooxda QM ee Monitoring Group ayaa sheegtay awood darida Soomaaliya ka heysato in ay bixiso mushaaraadka askartooda ay wax kama jiraan ka soo qaaday sanado badan oo howl adag ah.
- Roobabka El Nino oo Halis ku ah Soomaaliya October 8, 2015Cabsi la qabo ayaa ah in roobabkan ay fataahaad dhaliyaan gaar ahaan gobollada ay maraan labada wabi ee Jubba iyo Shabeelle.
- Kenya oo Dacwadda Badda Somalia Diidey October 8, 2015Xeer ilaaliyaha Guud ee Kenya Githu Muigai ayaa ku sheegey dacwadan in ay tahay mid aan sharci aheyn.
- Somaliand: Cayaar Isku Rogtay Rabshado October 8, 2015Qofka dhintay oo ahaa wiil dhalinyaro ah ayaa geeriyooday kadib markii ay shalay haleeshay rasaas ay ciidamadu ku kala eryayeen dadweynaha.
- Wareysi: Ehelada Dr. Liibaan Cusmaan Cilmi October 8, 2015VOA ayaa wareysatay Ismahaan Khaliif Caddaawe oo eddo u ah Dr. Liibaan Cusmaan Cilmi Caddaawe oo shalay lagu dilay Muqdisho.
- Ganacsade Xalay Lagu dilay degmada Jalalaqsi October 8, 2015Dilka ganaacsadahan oo lagu magacaabi jiray Saleeban Cali Muumin ayaa waxaa VOA u xaqiijiyay guddoomiye ku xigeenka dagmada Jalalaqsi ee maamulka iyo maaliyada Maxamed Cabdi Abkiir.
- Shabaab iyo Dowladda oo ku Dagaalay Ufurow October 8, 2015Dagaalka, ayaa waxa uu ka dhacay deegaanka Buul Caddey oo ka tirsan Ufurow, markii sida la sheegay ay ciidamada weerarka qaaday ay ka war heleen xubno Shabaab ah oo halkaas ku sugan.
- FIFA oo Shaqada Ka Hakisay Sepp Blatter October 8, 2015Guddiga anshaxa ee xiririka kubadda cagta adduunka FIFA, ayaa shaqadii ka xannibay muddo sagaashan cisho madaxweynaha FIFA Sepp Blatter iyo ku xigeenkiisa.
- Madax Cusub oo Loo Magacaabay Amisom October 7, 2015Ambassador Francisco Caetano Jose Madeira, ayaa waxa uu beddeli doonaa Ambassador Maman Sambo Sidikou oo kasoo jeeda waddanka Niger.
- Wareysi: Cabdullahi Xirsi iyo Cawil Daahir October 7, 2015Weriyayaasha Taleefishinka Universal ee u xirnaa dowladda Soomaaliya, ayaa maanta laga sii daayey xabsigii ay kaga jireen magaalada Muqdisho, waxayna wareysi siiyeen VOA.
- Wada-hadalladii Mooshinka oo Baaqday October 7, 2015La-taliyaha guddoomiyaha baarlamanka Prof. Cumar Aadan Qaadi oo warbaahinta kula hadlay magaalada Muqdisho, ayaa sheegay in kullanka uu u baaqady ra’iisul wasaare Cumar Cabdirashiid dartiis.
- Dhaqtar uu Adeer u Ahaa Madaxweyne Xasan Sh. oo La Dilay October 7, 2015Dr Liibaan Cismaan Cilmi Cadaawe oo uu adeer u yahay madaxweynaha Soomaaliya, Mudane Xasan Sheikh Maxamud waxaa lala dilay Cabdiqaadir Maxamud Yabarow oo ka tirsanaa Wasaaradda Cadaaladda Soomaaliya.firstname.lastname@example.org (Ridwan Abdiwali)
- Qarax Shan Qof Dilay oo ka Dhacay Afgooye October 7, 2015Qaraxa, ayaa waxa uu ka dhashay miino sida la sheegay dhulka lagu aasay kadibna ku qaraxday dadkii saaka suuqa yimid.
- VOA-da oo Kulan ku Qabatay Hargeysa October 7, 2015Laanta Af-Soomaaliga ee Idaacadda VOA ayaa xalay magaalada Hargeysa ku qabatay kulan aqooneed ku saabsan ahmiyadda tayada waxbarashada Somaliland.
- Taxane: Murannada Dhulka ee Somaliland October 7, 2015Dhibaatooyinka ay keenaan muranka lahaanshaha dhulka, waxa ay horseedaan in meelo badan oo ka mid ah dhulka Soomaalidu ay degto ay ka dhalato rabshado iyo iska hor imaad hubaysan. Sannadkii tegay dilalka ugu badan ee ka dhacay Somaliland waxa sababay khilaafyo ka dhashay muranka dhulka. VOA-da ayaa barnaamij gaar oo taxane ah ka sameysay arrintan, waxaana […]
- Bar. Dhaqanka iyo Hiddaha Qeybta 286 October 7, 2015Qeybta 286-aad ee barnaamijka Dhaqanka iyo Hiddaha waxa ay ku saabsan tahay billowgii qoritaanka af-Soomaaliga, waxaana soo jeedinaya Axmed Faarax Cali Idaajaa.
- Niger oo ka Badisay Soomaaliya October 9, 2015
- 20 Killed in Turkey Explosions October 10, 2015Two explosions near a train station in Turkey's capital have killed at least 20 people and wounded scores more, according to state-run media. The death toll is expected to rise. The Saturday morning blasts are reported to have struck just ahead of a large peace rally in Ankara. The rally was planned to call for an end to the conflict between Turkish se […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Presidential Candidates Clinton, Trump Woo Hispanic Voters October 10, 2015Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton reached out to Hispanic voters this past week in a bid to boost their voter support. With about 400 days before the election, opinion polls show that rivals are catching up to both frontrunners. Zlatica Hoke firstname.lastname@example.org (Zlatica Hoke)
- Rally to Mark 20th Anniversary of Million Man March October 10, 2015Thousands of people are expected in Washington, D.C., this weekend for the 20th anniversary of the "Million Man March." In 1995, Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan called for African American men to come to Washington and pledge to be better husbands, fathers and leaders in their communities. It was the fourth-largest demonstration in Washing […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- In 'He Named Me Malala,' Guggenheim Finds Normal in Extraordinary October 10, 2015Davis Guggenheim’s documentary "He Named Me Malala" offers a probing look into the life of 18-year-old Malala Yousafsai, the Pakistani teenager who, in 2012, was shot in the head by the Taliban for standing up for her right to education in her hometown in Pakistan's Swat Valley. Guggenheim shows how, since then, Malala has become a symbol not […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Penelope Poulou)
- California Governor Signs Medical Marijuana Regulations Into Law October 10, 2015California Governor Jerry Brown has signed into law a package of bills that will for the first time regulate the state's medical marijuana industry, two decades after Californians voted to legalize the substance for medical purposes. Brown worked closely with lawmakers to craft the bills, which will create a statewide licensing system for pot growers, r […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- In 'He Named Me Malala,' Guggenheim Finds Normal in Extraordinary October 10, 2015Davis Guggenheim remembers how he first met Malala Yousafsai. It was, he recalls, remarkably mundane. And then the questions started coming. “I took a taxi cab to her house in Birmingham and I rang the doorbell and I didn't know who I was gonna meet," said the renowned American director. "I am from Los Angeles, I am half Jewish, half Episcopal […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Penelope Poulou)
- North Korea Seen Unlikely to Change Despite Chronic Food Shortage October 10, 2015North Korea’s food production could drop more than 10 percent this year, raising new concern about the country’s constant struggle to feed its people, the U.N. agricultural agency said. North Korea is projected to produce 3.7 million tons of rice and corn this year, a 14 percent decrease from 4.3 million tons last year, according to a report by the Food and […]email@example.com (Kim Hyunjin)
- SeaWorld Criticizes Ban on Orca Breeding October 10, 2015SeaWorld is criticizing a ruling by California authorities that bans the breeding of its captive orca whale population, saying that denying the animals their ability to breed is cruel. The San Diego theme park said Friday that it was carefully reviewing and considering its options after the California Coastal Commission voted to allow the park to expand its […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Democracy Activists Push Against African Autocrats October 9, 2015In the next few months, African voters will go the polls in several countries, including Tanzania, Ivory Coast, Guinea and the Central African Republic. In many instances, it is not clear who is likely to win, even in countries where polls show the leadership to be unpopular. That’s because there are competing pressures between pro-democracy reformers and go […]email@example.com (William Eagle)
- Russian-Backed Offensive Stalls in Syria October 9, 2015Russian intervention in Syria appears to have shored-up President Bashar al-Assad’s hold on power, but the latest U.S. assessment indicates slickly produced videos meant to show off Moscow’s military actually are covering up what might be difficulties both in the air and on the ground. “While the front lines may move in favor of the regime in the near-term, […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeff Seldin)
- Rescued Chilean Miners Were 'Battle-Scarred,' Author Says October 9, 2015Pulitzer-Prize-winning writer Hector Tobar says the 33 Chilean miners trapped deep underground for 69 days in 2010 were left "battle-scarred" from the ordeal, despite quickly becoming minor celebrities after their improbable rescue. "They had lived through this event that a billion people had seen unfold on television. But what I found out whe […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Celebration of Peru's Economic Boom Comes Late October 9, 2015The world's top finance officials lavished praise on Peru's "economic miracle'' this week, lauding it for cutting poverty by half during a decade-long bonanza of record-high prices for gold, copper and other metals it mines. In a gleaming $160 million convention center built for the meeting of the World Bank and International Monetar […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Study Examines Shifts in Islamic State's Media Campaign October 9, 2015The rapid growth of the self-styled Islamic State is due in part to a sophisticated media campaign that has attracted tens of thousands of fighters from more than 100 countries, and that number is growing by the day. A newly released study of the IS media "machine" shows it to be carefully orchestrated for maximum appeal. Charlie Winter, a senior r […]email@example.com (Cecily Hilleary)
- Japan's Miyavi Says Nashville Infuses Latest CD October 9, 2015Japanese pop star Miyavi, who appeared in Angelina Jolie's prison-camp drama "Unbroken", says that much of his latest album was recorded in Nashville, and the country music capital's spirit has permeated his work. "I feel the vibes - to me that's a spiritual spot," Miyavi, whose birth name is Takamasa Ishihara, told Reuters […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- Paintable Solar Cells May Someday Replace Silicon-Based Panels October 9, 2015Rapidly expanding solar cell technology currently relies on expensive photovoltaic materials such as silicon or cadmium telluride, which is why their production, installation and maintenance costs are still high. Troy Townsend, an assistant professor of chemistry at St. Mary's College in St. Mary's City, Maryland, says less efficient but much cheap […]email@example.com (George Putic)
- Paintable Solar Cells May Someday Replace Silicon-Based Panels October 9, 2015Solar panels today are still factory-manufactured, with the use of some highly toxic substances such as cadmium chloride. But a researcher at St. Mary’s College, Maryland, says we are close to being able to create solar panels by painting them on a suitable surface, using nontoxic solutions. VOA’s George Putic firstname.lastname@example.org (George Putic)
- Pioneering Female CEO Has Message for Younger Women October 9, 2015At a moment in history when women still hold fewer than 20 percent of board seats at American companies, Gigi Stetler has not only subverted the paradigm — she's lucky to be alive. Thirty years ago, at the age of 23, she was attacked by a homeless man she had helped with food, clothing and shelter. He charged through the door of her apartment, lunged at […]email@example.com (Julie Taboh)
- Two Dead in US University Shootings October 9, 2015Shooting incidents at two U.S. universities have left two people dead and at least three others wounded Friday. During the early morning hours, Police were called to a parking lot on the campus of Northern Arizona University (NAU) Friday after gunfire was heard. An altercation between two student groups had ended in a shooting incident that left one person d […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Mantracking Not Only Hollywood Make-believe October 9, 2015You see it a lot in the movies, but mantracking — the art of following another person through wild terrain by interpreting clues left in their wake — isn’t only Hollywood make-believe. The first investigative tool man ever used is still relevant today, and has potential to make a real difference when used to find lost children, hunters and Alzheimer’s patien […]email@example.com (Mike Osborne)
- Political Maneuver Revives Export-Import Bank's Chances October 9, 2015Supporters of the beleaguered U.S. Export-Import Bank used an unusual parliamentary maneuver Friday to force a vote to revive the institution. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said it took unusual cooperation from both political parties to overcome a "wall of obstruction." The Ex-Im Bank helps U.S. companies obtain financing and sells them a type […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- 20 Killed in Turkey Explosions October 10, 2015
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- AAN KU BARAARUGNO TALO XAMBAARSAN DANTA SOOMAALIYA
- Waxey qorsheeyeen hiigsi Qaran dumin ah………
- Xasanoow: Shalaad dhalateye waa la shubi jiray!
- Wararkii ugu dambeeyay ee Shirka IGAD ee Berri furmaya (SAWIRRO)
- Daawo Sawirada Sida Quruxda badan ee loo dhisay Masjidka Isbaheysiga Islaamka ee Magaalada Muqdisho
- Swaziland rout Djibouti, Somalia lose to Niger - FIFA.com October 9, 2015FIFA.comSwaziland rout Djibouti, Somalia lose to NigerFIFA.comSwaziland shed a goal-shy FIFA World Cup™ record by trouncing Djibouti 6-0 in a first round, first leg Russia 2018 qualifier. The southern Africa team had scored just twice in seven previous away preliminary games, averaging a goal every 315 minutes.CAF World Cup Qualifying Review: Djibouti hit fo […]
- Niger in command after victory over Somalia - BBC Sport October 9, 2015BBC SportNiger in command after victory over SomaliaBBC SportNiger have taken take command of their 2018 World Cup preliminary round qualifier against Somalia by winning Friday's first leg 2-0. Moussa Maazou struck both goals in the space of four minutes in the second half. The first came on 58 minutes and the ...Practicing in a car park: WCup qualifyin […]
- Failure to pay soldiers threatens Somalia's war on Islamists - Reuters October 8, 2015ReutersFailure to pay soldiers threatens Somalia's war on IslamistsReuters"Commanding unpaid troops is a problem as your orders fall on deaf ears," said Colonel Farah, a military commander in southern Somalia who says disgruntled soldiers have set up illegal checkpoints to shake down civilians. "You cannot ask them to go ...Failure to pay […]
- Somalia Cabinet Approves Persons with Disabilities Bill - Horseed Media October 9, 2015Horseed MediaSomalia Cabinet Approves Persons with Disabilities BillHorseed MediaSomalia's Federal Cabinet has unanimously approved the rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, which provides a comprehensive legal protection for persons with disabilities (PWDs). This Act allows provisions for the elimination of all forms of ...
- Somalia's war on Islamists threatened by pay dispute - New Europe October 9, 2015New EuropeSomalia's war on Islamists threatened by pay disputeNew EuropeSomalia's soldiers have not been paid for up to six months. “Commanding unpaid troops is a problem as your orders fall on deaf ears,” said Colonel Farah, a military commander in southern Somalia who says disgruntled soldiers have set up illegal ...
- Italy Paying Ransoms in Syria and Somalia - AllAfrica.com October 9, 2015Italy Paying Ransoms in Syria and SomaliaAllAfrica.comA six-month investigation by Al Jazeera's Investigative Unit has cast light on the shadowy world of hostage negotiations, revealing how some governments negotiate with armed groups and pay cash ransoms. In one case, Italy paid millions of dollars for ...
- Somalia's extremist rebels vow violence against British troops set to deploy ... - Fox News October 6, 2015Yahoo NewsSomalia's extremist rebels vow violence against British troops set to deploy ...Fox NewsHis comments were in response to British prime minister David Cameron's pledge last month that as many as 70 British military personnel could be sent to Somalia to bolster a United Nations-backed mission to support the Somali government against the ... […]
- Kenya challenges Somalia's case on Indian Ocean boundary - Citizen TV (press release) October 7, 2015Citizen TV (press release)Kenya challenges Somalia's case on Indian Ocean boundaryCitizen TV (press release)In a statement, Kenya argues: “The Governments of Kenya and Somalia had agreed, first, to consent to consideration of their respective submissions by the UN Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf (“CLCS”); second, to delimit their marit […]
- Somalia Looks Safer for Yemenis Fleeing State Breakdown - Bloomberg October 8, 2015BloombergSomalia Looks Safer for Yemenis Fleeing State BreakdownBloombergThings are so bad in Yemen, some people are fleeing to Somalia. Yet the nation's plight is often obscured by the carnage of Syria and spreading violence elsewhere in the Middle East. These charts show how war, drought and hunger in the Arab world's ...
- Somalia now tops CPJ's list of countries where journalists are murdered with ... - Poynter.org October 8, 2015The News InternationalSomalia now tops CPJ's list of countries where journalists are murdered with ...Poynter.orgFor the first time since 2008, Iraq isn't at the top of Committee to Protect Journalists' annual Impunity Index. The annual report details countries where journalists are killed with no resulting convictions. This year, the top spot […]
- Swaziland rout Djibouti, Somalia lose to Niger - FIFA.com October 9, 2015
- Turkey 'suicide bomb': many killed in Ankara blast October 10, 2015Up to 20 people killed in blasts before planned march in Turkish capital to protest against conflict between state and Kurdish militantsAt least 30 people have been killed and more than 100 wounded in a terrorist attack on a peace rally in the centre of the Turkish capital, according to reports.Twin explosions outside Ankara’s main train station on Saturday […]Staff and Agencies
- North Korea military parade marks 70th anniversary of Workers' party October 10, 2015Leader Kim Jong-un receives salutes from honorary guards before inspecting thousands of soldiers taking part in the displayNorth Korea has launched a major military parade to mark the 70th anniversary of its ruling Workers’ party, presided over by leader Kim Jong-un, live TV footage showed.Wearing his customary dark Mao suit, Kim received salutes from a comm […]Agence France-Presse
- Putin's Syria strikes are a long-term play for higher oil prices October 10, 2015How the Russian president’s real aims are securing both energy markets and his reputation back homeRussian airstrikes in Syria, the first launched by Moscow outside the former Soviet Union since 1979, have set the tone for what’s to come. The escalating attacks have mainly targeted moderate, western-backed rebels. Civilians have also been hit, while Russian […]Alexander Temerko
- In which countries does mental health have the most impact? October 10, 2015On World Mental Health Day, we look at where it has the highest and lowest burden around the worldAlthough mental health affects many people around the world, there is often not adequate provision for those suffering from it. In some lower income countries, there is only one health worker per 100,000 population compared with more than 50 in some higher incom […]George Arnett
- Shell and Exxon's €5bn problem: gas drilling that sets off earthquakes and wrecks homes October 10, 2015Groningen has been one of Europe’s richest gas fields for 30 years, and thousands of people say their homes have been damaged by the tremors that drilling sets off. Now a class action may finally bring them compensation – and force a rethink of European energy security Five years ago, Annemarie Heite and her husband, Albert, bought their dream home; a tradit […]Lucas Amin
- Anne Hidalgo putting Parisian politics on the national stage October 10, 2015The socialist mayor’s dynamic qualities are being noticed far beyond the French capital’s city limitsA confidential memo, seen by Le Monde, says a lot about Mayor Anne Hidalgo. The Socialist leader of Paris city council recently sent a letter to Prime Minister Manuel Valls detailing the many areas in which central government ignores the capital’s rights. Hid […]Béatrice Jérôme
- Palestinian militants in Gaza Strip 'fire rocket into southern Israel' October 10, 2015Report of rocket follows killing of six Palestinians in clashes east of Gaza City and Khan YunisPalestinian militants in the Gaza Strip fired a rocket into southern Israel on Saturday, the Israeli military have said, after a week of escalating violence in Jerusalem and the West Bank.Sirens were triggered in Israeli communities near the border but the rocket […]Nadia Khomami, Kate Shuttleworth, Peter Beaumont and agency
- Is it really OK to call him ‘Tory scum’? October 10, 2015Conservatives, cereal magnates and Owen Jones have one thing in common: they’ve all come under fire from leftwing activists. So is it fair to damn a 60,000-strong protest with the actions of a few? And will the new brand of ‘contentious politics’ do its cause more harm than good?More than 60,000 people thronged the streets of Manchester last Sunday to partic […]Dorian Lynskey
- The state of mental health care in Bangladesh - in pictures October 10, 2015People with mental illness are severely neglected in Bangladesh and patients are stigmatised and even chained up due to a lack of understanding. Photojournalist Allison Joyce visited some of those affected Continue reading...Allison Joyce
- Portraits of lives in poverty: Nick Danziger's tales from Armenia October 10, 2015At the age of 13, Aida was acting as a mother to her young sister Tatevik, doing all the housework and attending school – all while going hungryAida, 13, is often “mother” to her two-and-a-half-year-old sister, Tatevik, as their mother and 14-year-old brother seek seasonal work in the countryside. At their home in Gyumri – Armenia’s second-largest city, 125k […]Rory MacLean
- Fulham Boys School: a continuing test of Tory philosophy in London October 10, 2015A Tory educational cause celebre has had the good news it’s been waiting for with the help of some influential friendsAfter many months in limbo, the Fulham Boys School (FBS), a “free” secondary championed by Boris Johnson and soulmate west London Tories, has been found a permanent home. Johnson has declared that the police station presently standing in Fulh […]Dave Hill
- Pro-diversity and anti-mosque protesters rally in Bendigo October 10, 2015Heavy police presence keeps rival demonstrations apart in as hundreds gather, either to oppose a mosque development or call for tolerance Related: Anti-mosque protesters 'bringing hate and bigotry' to Bendigo, says premier Rival protest groups were kept apart by police as they converged on a park in central Bendigo, Victoria, on Saturday afternoon. […]Australian Associated Press
- 'Doing the hardest work in America': Bernie Sanders woos Hispanic voters October 10, 2015At Tucson rally, Democratic hopeful defends the undocumented – ‘part of the fabric of this country’ – and declares gun violence must be brought to an endWith a Latino congressman’s endorsement, a boy’s heart-rending story and the mellifluous sounds of a mariachi band, Bernie Sanders began a push to woo Hispanic voters at a rally in Arizona on Friday night.As […]Tom Dart in Tucson
- Former Australian navy sailor 'admitted to three murders' before his death October 10, 2015WA police have launched a nationwide appeal for information amid reports Richard Dorrough confessed to murdering three people in a suicide noteWestern Australian police have launched a nationwide appeal for information amid reports a former Australian navy sailor confessed to three murders before his death.Former crew member Richard Edward Dorrough confessed […]Australian Associated Press
- Clive James: 'Still being alive is embarrassing' October 10, 2015The broadcaster, writing in the Guardian about life after his leukemia diagnosis, talks of surviving beyond expectations – and his love of the Great British Bake OffIt will delight his family and his many admirers, of course, but Clive James has admitted to feeling “embarrassment” at still being alive, a year after predicting his imminent death from cancer.T […]Esther Addley
- Detained Chinese lawyer's 16-year-old son disappears while trying to flee to US October 10, 2015Bao Zhuoxuan, son of human rights lawyer Wang Yu, planned to meet activists in Thailand after slipping out of China across its border with MyanmarThe son of a crusading human rights lawyer at the centre of an unprecedented Chinese government crackdown has disappeared while attempting to flee to the United States through south-east Asia.Bao Zhuoxuan, the son […]Tom Phillips in Beijing
- Bill Cosby lawsuit: lawyer for accuser to give update on Cosby deposition October 10, 2015Attorney Gloria Allred, representing Judy Huth, says she will give a brief statement on Saturday on comedian’s testimony under oathThe attorney representing a woman suing Bill Cosby for sexually abusing her when she was 15 has said she will give an update on the comedian’s deposition, which was expected to have taken place on Friday.Also on Friday, federal c […]Reuters in Los Angeles
- China completes construction of lighthouses in disputed South China Sea October 10, 2015The United States and the Philippines opposed the construction, as tensions in the region mount over Beijing’s maritime ambitionsChina has completed the construction of two lighthouses in the disputed South China Sea, the official Xinhua news agency reported, as tensions in the region mount over Beijing’s maritime ambitions. A completion ceremony was held fo […]Reuters in Shanghai
- Woman and man found stabbed after house party west of Brisbane October 10, 2015Police attending a Redbank Plains home early on Saturday found the 54-year-old woman with a blade wound to the chest and a cut to her headA crime scene has been set up in two south-east Queensland streets after a woman was found stabbed and a man with multiple cuts.Police attending a Redbank Plains home early on Saturday found the 54-year-old woman with a bl […]Australian Associated Press
- Syria air strikes: US and Russia expected to hold talks over risk of planes clashing October 10, 2015Pentagon hopeful of discussions during weekend on how to keep apart US jets bombing Isis and Russian planes fighting on the side of Assad The Pentagon has said it expects to hold new talks with Russia’s military on pilot safety in Syria’s war as soon as this weekend as the US and the Kremlin seek to avoid accidental clashes as they carry out separate bombing […]Reuters in Washington
- Turkey 'suicide bomb': many killed in Ankara blast October 10, 2015
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- Tanzania closing hydropower plants October 9, 2015All hydropower plants in Tanzania are being switched off because of falling water levels in dams as the country suffers from chronic power shortages.
- Nobel Peace Prize for Tunisia mediators October 9, 2015The Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its role in helping the country's transition to democracy.
- Suspicious Nigeria death not Ebola: WHO October 9, 2015A man whose death in the southern Nigerian city of Calabar triggered an Ebola scare did not have the virus, the World Health Organization says.
- DNA reveals 'into Africa' migration October 8, 2015Tests on a 4,500-year-old Ethiopian body reveal a huge wave of migration into Africa, from Eurasia.
- Libya doubts over UN unity government October 9, 2015MPs from Libya's rival parliaments express doubts about a UN proposal for a national unity government, saying the announcement was premature.
- 'Surge' in Greece migrant arrivals October 9, 2015The number of migrants arriving on the Greek islands near Turkey has surged to about 7,000 daily, migration experts say.
- Elephants' low cancer rates explained October 9, 2015Elephants have enhanced defences against cancer that can prevent tumours forming, say scientists.
- Spain dismisses Rwanda war crimes case October 8, 2015Spain revokes arrest warrants for 40 Rwandans for revenge killings after the 1994 genocide, following changes to its universal jurisdiction laws.
- VIDEO: What's up Africa in 90 seconds October 9, 2015The satirical news round-up looks at stories from Nigeria, Kenya, Swaziland and Ethiopia.
- VIDEO: 'I was a child soldier in Kony's army' October 8, 2015At 12 Polline was forced to become a soldier in Joseph Kony's army, now 26 she is telling her story to some of the most powerful and famous women in the world to raise awareness.
- VIDEO: Guide to Africa's month of elections October 8, 2015Ahead of elections in Guinea, Ivory Coast and Tanzania, BBC Africa gives you the political lay of the land in this bite-sized video.
- VIDEO: SA ostrich farmers back on their feet October 9, 2015Ostrich farming - hit by bird flu and export bans in 2011 - is showing signs of recovery.
- VIDEO: Young Eritrean refugees flown to Sweden October 9, 2015A group of young Eritreans are flown from Italy to begin a new life in Sweden, the first refugees to be resettled under a new EU relocation plan.
- VIDEO: The 'fun sock' entrepreneur October 9, 2015A day in the shoes of technology specialist turned sock-maker Nic Haralambous.
- VIDEO: Actors discuss Cannes success of Lamb October 8, 2015In May this year, the film Lamb became the first ever Ethiopian movie to have made it to the prestigious Cannes festival official selection.
- VIDEO: Grandmothers on the march for HIV/Aids October 8, 2015Around 400 grandmothers from across Africa have met in Uganda to share their experiences of dealing with HIV/Aids.
- Why Kenyans enjoyed the political blackout March 12, 2015Enjoying Kenya's political TV blackout
- Nigeria's 'brown envelope' journalism March 5, 2015Shining a light on Nigeria's "brown envelope" journalism
- Is Bitcoin Africa's unlikely saviour? March 10, 2015Could Bitcoin be Africa's migrant workers' saviour?
- Malawi's expensive phone habit February 20, 2015The country with the world's most expensive mobile phone charges
- Tanzania closing hydropower plants October 9, 2015
- Assassination Attempt in Tunisia Highlights Mounting Challenges October 10, 2015
- Nobel Prize Awarded to Tunisian Coalition October 9, 2015
- World Briefing: No New Ebola Cases Were Reported in the Past Week, Health Agency Says October 9, 2015
- Behind the Nobel Peace Prize Selection October 9, 2015
- Op-Ed Contributor: The Other Refugee Crisis October 9, 2015
- Nobel Peace Prize Is Awarded to National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia October 9, 2015
- World Briefing: Rwanda: Legal Battle on Term Limits October 9, 2015
- Scientists Recover First Genome of Ancient Human From Africa October 8, 2015
- The Culture Issue: Zanele Muholi’s Transformations October 8, 2015
- World Briefing: Zimbabwe: Elephants Poisoned at Park October 8, 2015