SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Shirka cimilada oo ka furmaya Paris maanta November 29, 2015wadaxaajoodyada shirka isbadalka cimilada ayaa ka socdo magaalada Paris halkaasoo ay isugu yimideen 150 hogaamiyayaal caalamka oo dhan ka yimid.
- Labo ruux lagu helay in ay Falastiini dileen November 30, 2015Labo dhalinyaro ah oo Israa'iiliyiin ayaa lagu helay dambi ah in ay dileen wiil Falastiini ah iyaga oo ku gubay Qudus
- Labo ciyaaryahan oo laga walwalsanyahay November 30, 2015Waxaa sii kordhaya walaaca laga qabo labo qof oo ka mid ah ciyaaryahanada hirarka badaha ku dheela oo reer Australia ah kuwaas oo la waayay labaatankii bishan kaw iyo tobnaad iyaga oo ku sii socday dalka Mexico.
- Dowlada Israa'iil oo Midowga Yurub dhaliishay November 29, 2015Dowlada Israa'iil ayaa gabi ahaan joojisay wadashaqayntii ay la lahayd diblomaasiyiinta midowga yurub ee waday dadaalka dhexdhexaadinta
- Doorashadda dalka Burkina Faso November 29, 2015Dalka Burkina Faso waxaa ka socota tirinta codadka, iyada oo ay dadku dooranayaan madaxwayne iyo baarlamaan cusub.
- dab qabsaday xaafado ku yaala Koonfur Afrika November 29, 2015boqolaal guri ayaa ku baaba'ay xaafado ku yaala magaalada Cape Town ee dalka Koonfur Afrika. sidoo kale hal qof ayaa ku dhintay dhacdo kale
- Pope-ka oo gaaray dalka Jamhuuriyadda Bartamaha Afrika. November 29, 2015Madaxa kaniisadda kotoliga Pope francis ayaa maanta ka degay caasimadda Bangui ee dalka Jamhuuriyadda Bartamaha Afrika.
- Somaliland oo ka hadashay dagaalka gaalkacyo November 29, 2015Xukuumada Somaliland ayaa maanta ugu baaqday dhinacyada ku dagaallamaya magaalada gaalkacayo inay joojiyaan dagaalka .
- Dagaal ka dhacay Gaalkacyo November 28, 2015Dagaal ayaa dib uga bilowday magaalada Gaalkacyo ee xarunta gobolka Mudug kaas oo u dhexeeya ciidamo kala taabacsan Puntland iyo Galmudug.
- Barnaamijka tiknolojiyada November 27, 2015Barnaamijka tiknolojiyada
- Isguursiga Soomaalida iyo dadyowga kale November 28, 2015Soomalida qurbaha ku nool oo tiradoodu sii badanayso ayaa waxaa soo kordhaya Dadka asalkoodu Soomalida yahay e ka guursanaya dadyoowga aan soomalida ahayn ama ajaaniibta , Qaar ayaa ka cawda habdhaqanka ay soomaida kala kulmaan . Huda Muuse waa kalkaaliso
- Falanqeynta xiisadda Turkiga iyo Ruushka November 27, 2015Waa barnaamijka doodda ee Waxay ila Tahay oo aan ku falanqeyneyno xiisadda u dhaxeysa dalalka Ruushka iyo Turkiga iyo guud ahaan xaaladda jahawareerka ka taagan yahay ee Suuriya.
- Abaalmarinta Ciyaaraha Fudud 2015 November 27, 2015Labo ciyaartoy oo u kala dhashay Ethiopia iyo Mareykanka oo ku guuleystay abaalmarinta sanadka 2015ka ee ciyaara fudud ee caalamka.
- AIDska oo ku korday Bariga Yurub November 27, 2015Warbxin lagu sheegay in viris dhaliya cudurka AIDs in uu ku kordhay dalal ku yaala bariga Yurub oo ay ku jiraan Ruusha iyo bartamaha Eeshiya
- Taxanaha 100_haween ah November 26, 2015Jacqueline in carruurta wax la baro waa muhiim
- Somaliland: Waxaan hoos u dhignay kufsiga iyo gudniinka haweenka November 25, 2015Iyadoo lagu jiro maalmaha caalamiga ah ee ka hortaga tacaddiyada loo geysto haweenka , ayaa munaasabado lagu qabtay magaalooyin ka tirsan Somaliland waxaa gudiga xuquuqul insaanka ay soo bandhigeen in sanadkaan 2015-ka wax badan laga qabtay kufsiga.
- Halkan ka dhagayso barnaamijka Hiigsiga Nolosha November 27, 2015Halkan ka dhagayso barnaamijka Hiigsiga Nolosha oo taxane ah, waakan midka aan jimcahan (27_11_2015) idiinku talagalnay.
- Soomaaliya iyo doorashada 2016-ka November 25, 2015Doorasho noocee ah, ayaa ka dhici karta Soomaaliya 2016ka
- Fiidiyow ku saabsan booqashada Pope Francis November 25, 2015Baadariga ugu sareeya madaahibta Catholic ga Pope Francis ayaa ka degay Nairobi oo ay uga bilaabatay booqasho uu Afrika ku tagaayo markii ugu horeysay.
- Waa sidee xaaladda dumarka siday uga warranto warbaahinta dunida? November 24, 2015Halkan ka daawo xaaladda dumarka dunida siday uga warranto warbaahinta marka la barbardhigo dhowrkii sano ee la soo dhaafay.
- Shirka cimilada oo ka furmaya Paris maanta November 29, 2015
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia's silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year's Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Daawo:Waxgaradka Hiiraan Oo Ka Talabixinaya Siyaasada Cakiran Ee Gogoblkaasi. Somali Channel (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- FAALLO: Ceelka Shidaalka ee Puntland;- Ma Hanti Qaran, mise Dhaxal-beeleed ? (1)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- In ka badan 300 Ardey oo deeq wax barasho ka helay Turkiya oo Maanta ka duulay Muqdisho. [Sawirro] (1)
- Ciidamadda Dowladda Kenya oo lagu dhawaaqay xilliga rasmiga ah ee ay ka mid noqonayaan Ciidamadda Amisom (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Israa'iiliyiin Loo Xukumay Dilka WIil Falastiini Ah November 30, 2015Labada dhallinyarada ah ee maanta dambiga lagu helay ayaa la filayaa in xukun lagu rido bisha January ee 2016-ka.
- Shirka Isbeddelka Cimilada Oo Paris Ka Furmaya November 30, 2015Shir looga hadlayo waxyeellada ka dhalatay isbeddelka cimilada caalamka oo Qaramada Midoobay soo qabanqaabisey ayaa maanta ka furmaya magaalada Paris.
- Afar Qof Oo Ku Dhintay Shil Gaari Oo Ka Dhacay Shabbellaha Dhexe. November 30, 2015Afar qof ayaa ku dhintay labo iyo labaatan kalana way ku dhaawacmeen kaddib markii gaarigii ay la socdeen uu shil ku galay duleedka degmada Cadale ee gobolka Shabeellaha dhexe.
- Falanqayn: Noocyada Doorashada 2016-ka November 29, 2015Dawladda Soomaaliya ayaa dhowaan ku dhowaaqday in sannadka dambe dalka aysan ka qabsoomi doonin doorasho hal qof iyo hal cod ah, taas beddelkeedana ay dhici doonto doorasho aan toos ahayn.
- Xaaladdii u Dambeysay ee Dagaalka Gaalkacyo November 29, 2015Xaaladda magaalada Gaalkacayo ee badhtamaha Soomaaliya ayaa degganayd maanta kaidb dagaalladii shalay halkaais ka dhacay oo ay ku dhintene ugu yaraan 7 qof, in ka badan 30 kalena ay ku dhaawacmeen. Magaalada waxa aku suganw afdi ka socda dawladda federaalka
- Wicitaanka Dhageystaha November 29, 2015Barnaamijkii Wicitaanka Dhagaystaha ee toddobaadkan waxa uu ku saabsan xiriirka sii xumaanaya ee waddamada Turkiga iyo Ruushka. waxaana marti ku ah Maxamed Cismaan Guudle oo Shahaadada PHD ka diyaarinaya siyaasadda iyo xiriirka caalamiga firstname.lastname@example.org (Ismail Mohamed)
- Warbixin Dagaalka Gaalkacyo November 28, 2015Ugu yaraan 7 qof ayaa dhintay in kabadan 30 kalena way dhaawacmeen, kadib markii maanta mar kale dagaal uu magaalada Gaalkacyo ku dhexmaray ciidamada maamullada Puntland iyo Galmudug.
- Kenya Oo Xirtay Labo Nin Oo Basaas U Ah Iran November 28, 2015Dowladda Kenya ayaa sheegtay in xabsiga u taxaabtay labo nin oo Kenyaan ah, oo qirtay in ay sirdoonka dalka Iiraan ka caawineyeen shirqool lagu damacsanaa in lagu khaarajiyo, mas’uuliyiin reer galbeed ah oo la maaganaa in uu laga fuliyo gudaha dalka Kenya. Taliyaha booliska Kenya Joseph Boinnet ayaa maanta sheegay in Abubakar Sadiq Louw oo 69 jir ah iyo Yas […]
- Barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha November 28, 2015Ku soo dhowaada barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha oo ay innala socodsiinayaan, Falastiin Axmed Iimaan iyo Ibraahin Xasan Daanduray.
- Toogasho Ka Dhacday Gobolka Colorado November 28, 2015Ugu yaraan 3 qof ayaa ku dhimatay toogasho ka dhacday magaalada Colorado Springs ee Gobolka Colorado ee dalkan Maraykanka; sidoo kale waxaa dhaawacmay in ka badan 10 qof oo kale.
- RW Cumar oo Xal u Raadinaya Xiisadda Gaalkacyo November 27, 2015Cumar Cabdirashiid ayaa tagay Cadaado iyo Garoowe, isagoo wada dadaallo nabadeed oo lagu qaboojinayo xiisadda ka dhex oogan Galmudug iyo Puntland.
- Turkey Oo Ka Digtay Xannibaadaha Russia November 27, 2015Wasiirka beeraha Turkiga Faruk Celik ayaa uga digay Russia in aargudasho kasta oo ganacsi ay ayada un dhaawaceyso.
- Faaqidaada: Habka Xisbiyada Siyaasadeed November 27, 2015Barnaamijka Faaqidaadda waxa uu tododbaadkan ku saabsan yahay qaabka Somalia ay uga hirgeli karto nidaamka xisbiyada siyaasadda.
- Hab Cusub Oo Lagula Dagaalamayo Shabaab November 27, 2015Howlgaladii ugu dambeeyey ee ay fuliyeen maleeshiyada deegaanka ee gobolka Hiiraan ayaa lagu dilay 10 Shabaab ahaa.
- Wareysi: Wasiirka Duulista Soomaaliya November 27, 2015Somalia ayaa ka qeybgashay shir caalami ah oo looga hadlayay duulimaadyada caalamiga ah oo ka dhacay Canada.
- Putin: Mareykanku Way La Socdeen Diyaarada November 27, 2015Madaxweynaha Ruushka Vladimir Putin, ayaa sheegay in Mareykanku uu ogaa jihada iyo waddada ay ku socotay dayaaraddoodii Talaadadii dhaweyd lagu soo ridey hawada Turkiga, iyadoo uu madaxweynuhu ku andacoodey in ay ahedy in Mareykanku uu u sheego arrintaasi Turkiga oo ay xulufo yihiin. “Dhinaca Isbaheysiga ee uu Mareykanka hoggaamiyo, Turkigana qeybta ka ah, w […]
- China Oo Saldhig Ka Dhisaneysa Jabuuti November 26, 2015China iyo Jabuuti ayaa waxaa u socda wada-hadal ku aadan sidii ay China saldhig milatari ugu yeelan lahayd Jabuuti.
- Culimada Gaalkacyo Oo Nabad Ku Baaqay November 26, 2015Culimada magaalada Gaalkacyo oo ka kooban labada dhinac ee dagalamay ayaa maanta ku shiray magaalada, si xal loo gaaro.
- Pope-ka Oo Muslimiinta & Kirishtanka U Baaqay November 26, 2015Pope Francis waxa uu sheegay in wada-hadalka diimaha uu yahay mid muhiim ah, ee aanu ahayn ikhtiyaar.
- Xisbiga UCID Oo Laba U Kala Jabay November 26, 2015Guddoomiye Faysal Cali Waraabe iyo murashaxa madaxweynaha ee Xisbiga UCID Jamaal Cali Xuseen ayaa is khilaafasan.
- Israa'iiliyiin Loo Xukumay Dilka WIil Falastiini Ah November 30, 2015
- South Korea Parliament Ratifies Free Trade Pact With China November 30, 2015South Korea's parliament on Monday approved a free trade pact with China after opposition lawmakers secured a $1.4 billion relief package for farmers. The ratification, which comes five months after the trade pact was signed, paves way for the deal with South Korea's largest export market to take effect this year. South Korea already has trade dea […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Thai Opposition Figures Detained Ahead of Scandal Park Visit November 30, 2015Soldiers and police in Thailand have detained two top leaders of the anti-government Red Shirt movement as they were set to visit a park celebrating past Thai kings that's at the center of a corruption scandal linked to the military. Thai television showed video of Nattawut Saikua and Jatuporn Prompan being taken into a van Monday after being seized whi […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- World Leaders Open Summit Seeking Binding Climate Change Action November 30, 2015More than 150 world leaders gathered Monday in Paris for a U.N. summit with the goal of agreeing to binding measures to address climate change and keep global temperatures from rising to a level with catastrophic impacts. Peru's Environment Minister Manuel Pulgar Vidal, who chaired the last summit, opened the meeting by saying an agreement would show th […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Israel Convicts 2 in 2014 Killing of Palestinian Teen November 30, 2015A Jerusalem court convicted two Israeli youths Monday for last year's killing of a 16-year-old Palestinian teen who was burned to death in East Jerusalem. The court postponed its verdict for a third defendant in the case, 31-year-old Yosef Haim Ben David, after his lawyer submitted a last-minute insanity defense. The two youths are due to be sentenced i […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- US Warns of 'Imminent Attack' in Kabul November 30, 2015The United States has received “credible reports of an imminent attack” in the Afghan capital within the next two days, strongly urging U.S. citizens to exercise extreme caution if moving around Kabul. “There were no further details regarding the targets, timing, or method of the planned attack,” the American embassy said Monday in its emergency message for […]email@example.com (Ayaz Gul)
- Fresh Wave of Burundians Fleeing to Uganda November 30, 2015A fresh wave of Burundian refugees has entered Uganda this month amid concerns that violence in Burundi is escalating. New arrivals say they fled after pro-government militia and security forces targeted their families. The Nakivali Refugee Settlement in southwestern Uganda is home to refugees from all over Central Africa. Ugandan officials say that in the […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Lizabeth Paulat)
- Postcard from Paris: Healing Pain With Poetry November 30, 2015On a sunny morning, Ghislene Moret examined the mounds of flowers and notes scattered along Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, where terrorists gunned down nearly half-a-dozen diners earlier this month. “This is all about love,” she said. “Love overcomes hate. We’re still standing. That is the essential message.” Attached to a mailbox nearby was a poem written by […]email@example.com (Lisa Bryant)
- Smog in China Reaches 'Hazardous' Level November 30, 2015Beijing and other parts of China experienced some of the worst smog of the year Monday, even as President Xi Jinping was preparing to meet with other world leaders in Paris to decide what do to about climate change. The air quality in the Chinese capital was considered hazardous, reaching an orange-level pollution alert - the second highest designation. Res […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Memorials of the Paris Attacks November 30, 2015Memorials of the Paris Attacks
- US Senators Call for Multinational Force in Syria November 30, 2015Two U.S. Senators Sunday said the United States should be part of a multinational force in Iraq and Syria to defeat the Islamic State (IS/ISIS/ISIL) and pressure Syrian President Bashar al-Assad out of power. The comments follow an essay by a U.S. foreign policy scholar arguing the need for up to 50,000 U.S. troops, initially, to confront the IS group and cr […]email@example.com (Victor Beattie)
- South Sudan Rebels Sending Advance Team to Juba November 30, 2015The pieces continue to come together for implementing the peace agreement between South Sudan and rebels who have been opposing the government. South Sudan rebels loyal to former Vice President Riek Machar said they are sending an advance team of 550 people to Juba, capital of South Sudan, and 10 states of the country as early as Tuesday. This comes as the […]firstname.lastname@example.org (James Butty)
- Pope in CAR: Christians, Muslims are Brothers November 30, 2015Pope Francis said Monday that Christians and Muslims are brothers as he spoke at the main mosque in Bangui, the capital of the Central African Republic. "Together we must say no to hatred, to revenge and to violence, particularly that violence which is perpetrated in the name of a religion or of God himself," the pope said. He said his visit to the […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Winter Weather, Flooding, Hammers US, At Least 14 Dead November 30, 2015Flood warnings remained in effect Sunday across much of the south-central United States, after a deadly storm on the nation's busiest holiday weekend covered parts of Arkansas, northern Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas with heavy rains and ice. Authorities reported 14 deaths in Texas and Kansas since the slow moving storm began charging through the southern p […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- NBA Superstar Kobe Bryant Retiring November 30, 2015NBA star Kobe Bryant has decided to retire after this season, ending his 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers. The 37-year-old Bryant made the announcement in a post on The Players' Tribune on Sunday. The third-leading scorer in NBA history wrote a poem entitled "Dear Basketball'' to announce his decision. "My heart can take th […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Climate Legacy, Global Expectations Converge for Obama in Paris November 30, 2015U.S. President Barack Obama arrived in Paris late Sunday with the weight of a climate legacy and expectations that nations big and small, rich and poor, can come together around the common cause of protecting the planet. “What makes this gathering different is that more than 180 nations have already submitted plans to reduce the harmful emissions that help c […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Aru Pande)
- Protests Set Stage for Global Climate Talks in Paris November 30, 2015Leaders from around the world have gathered in Paris for a United Nations conference aimed at reaching a new agreement on controlling carbon emissions. The opening of the two-week summit Monday follows a day of massive demonstrations in many countries, with participants urging political leaders to adopt a global environmental treaty that would reduce global […]email@example.com (Zlatica Hoke)
- Vote Tallying Underway in Burkina Faso November 29, 2015In Burkina Faso, counting is underway after voters went to the polls on Sunday to elect a new president and parliament. It is a crucial vote for the country, just over a year after a popular uprising ousted president Blaise Compaore, who ruled the country for 27 years. Voting went peacefully as people cast their ballots in a historic poll aimed at consolid […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Emilie Iob)
- Israel Suspends Some Contacts with EU in Labeling Dispute November 29, 2015Israel has suspended diplomatic contacts with the European Union related to the troubled Israeli-Palestinian peace process, to protest an EU move to separately label products manufactured in Israeli settlements in the West Bank and other Israeli occupied territories. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced the move Sunday, saying contacts with EU […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- US Lawmakers Brace for End-of-Year Battles November 29, 2015U.S. lawmakers are returning to Washington for Congress’ final working weeks of the year. A full slate of legislative business awaits them, from keeping the federal government open to resolving a battle with the White House over the admittance of Syrian refugees. President Barack Obama kept that battle alive during last week’s Thanksgiving holiday, arguing […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Bowman)
- US Lawmakers Brace for End-of-Year Battles November 29, 2015U.S. lawmakers are returning to Washington for Congress’ final working weeks of the year. And, as VOA's Michael Bowman reports, a full slate of legislative business awaits them, from keeping the federal government open to resolving a battle with the White House over the admittance of Syrian email@example.com (Michael Bowman)
- South Korea Parliament Ratifies Free Trade Pact With China November 30, 2015
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- 7 Dead as Fighting Flares in Somalia's Contested Mudug Region - Voice of America November 28, 2015Voice of America7 Dead as Fighting Flares in Somalia's Contested Mudug RegionVoice of AmericaAt least seven people have been killed and 30 others injured in renewed fighting in central Somalia. The fighting in Galkayo, in the central Somali region of Mudug, has pitted forces loyal to the Puntland regional administration against those ...Rival militia fo […]
- Somalia: Communique On Media Development in Somalia - AllAfrica.com November 30, 2015Somalia: Communique On Media Development in SomaliaAllAfrica.comThe Ministers of Information of the Federal Government of Somalia and the Federal Member States of Somalia, along with umbrella organizations of journalists and private media in Somalia held a conference at City Palace Hotel in Mogadishu city, from 24 ...
- East Africa: UN Refunds Kenya US$22 Million for Somalia Fight - AllAfrica.com November 30, 2015East Africa: UN Refunds Kenya US$22 Million for Somalia FightAllAfrica.comThe United Nations (UN) has eased Kenya's cash crunch after refunding Ksh2.3 billion ($22.5 million) spent on fighting Al-Shabaab militants in Somalia. The country's Treasury documents show that the reimbursement of Ksh800 million ($7.8 million) was ...altro »
- Somalia: Crew of Iranian Boat hijacked by Somali pirates have been freed - Horseed Media November 29, 2015Horseed MediaSomalia: Crew of Iranian Boat hijacked by Somali pirates have been freedHorseed Media_65208610_pirates_afp MOGADISHU (AFP) – A boat held by Somali pirates has been freed after a gun battle, fishermen and witnesses said on Sunday (Nov 29), claiming several of the pirates were killed. There was no precise information on the boat or the ...Somalia: […]
- Four in a row for Somalia - New Zealand Communities Football Cup - New Zealand Police (press release) November 29, 2015The Dominion PostFour in a row for Somalia - New Zealand Communities Football CupNew Zealand Police (press release)Wellington's Team Somalia celebrated last night after winning the New Zealand Communities Football Cup for the fourth time in the tournament's history. The score was 4-0 against Poland when the whistle blew after a fast-paced final mat […]
- Somalia's fragile security puts aid out of reach for many who desperately need it - The Guardian November 26, 2015The GuardianSomalia's fragile security puts aid out of reach for many who desperately need itThe GuardianSomalia's fragile security puts aid out of reach for many who desperately need it. In Mogadishu and its environs, political instability means vital aid is not getting to families living in dire poverty after being displaced by drought or violenc […]
- Somalia: Somali Clerics Taking Part in the Tension in Galkaio - AllAfrica.com November 30, 2015Somalia: Somali Clerics Taking Part in the Tension in GalkaioAllAfrica.comSomali religious leaders from the towns of Mogadishu, Burco, Bossaso and Garowe addressed the press in Garowe the capital of the autonomous state of Puntaland. These clerics are planning to travel to Galkaio to where heavy fighting between forces loyal ...
- Somaliland:Time for re-casting the failed SL-Somalia talks - SomalilandPress November 29, 2015SomalilandPressSomaliland:Time for re-casting the failed SL-Somalia talksSomalilandPressIt was recognised at the (international) June 2012 London Conference that there was a 'need for the international community to support any dialogue between Somaliland' and the then Somalia government 'or its replacement may agree to establish in order ...al […]
- Somalia: Government Soldier Open Fire On Minibus - Geeska Afrika November 29, 2015Somalia: Government Soldier Open Fire On MinibusGeeska AfrikaHAN & Geeska Afrika Online (1985-2015), the oldest free independent Free Press in the region, brings together top journalists from across the Horn of Africa. Including Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Sudan, Djibouti, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Oromo ...
- ISIS or Al-Qaeda? Somalia's Al-Shabab Divided Over Allegiance - Newsweek November 25, 2015NewsweekISIS or Al-Qaeda? Somalia's Al-Shabab Divided Over AllegianceNewsweekMembers of the hardline Al-Shabab militant group parade through the streets of Somalia's capital Mogadishu, January 1, 2010. Al-Shabab, which has traditionally aligned itself with Al-Qaeda, has been the subject of overtures from ISIS. Feisal Omar/Reuters.Somalia: Threat to […]
- 7 Dead as Fighting Flares in Somalia's Contested Mudug Region - Voice of America November 28, 2015
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets November 21, 2015
- RD Congo : Les victimes d’atrocités méritent une meilleure justice October 1, 2015
- Sénégal : Reprise du procès de Hissène Habré September 4, 2015
- Northern Ireland law on abortion ruled as 'incompatible with human rights' November 30, 2015Belfast high court ruling could lead to women being allowed to have abortions in cases of fatal foetal abnormalities, rape and incestA landmark legal ruling has found that the near outright ban on abortion in Northern Ireland is “incompatible with human rights”.The judgment delivered on Monday at Belfast high court could lead to the relaxation of the law on […]Henry McDonald
- Can you identify the world cities from their 'naked' metro maps? November 30, 2015Artist and urban planner Neil Freeman of Fake is the New Real has been updating his geographically accurate maps of city subway systems, all drawn to the same scale. We’ve used a selection of his maps below: can you identify the cities? All images: Neil Freeman / Open Street Map Continue reading...Nick Mead
- Diane Abbott says allowing Labour MPs a free vote on Syria would give Cameron 'victory on a plate' - Politics live November 30, 2015Rolling coverage of the day’s political developments as they happen, including the shadow cabinet and the parliamentary Labour party (PLP) meeting as Jeremy Corbyn decides whether to whip his MPs to vote against air strikes in Syria 11.10am GMT The Stop the War Coalition (which used to be chaired by Jeremy Corbyn until he stood down shortly after becoming La […]Andrew Sparrow
- Sweden refuses to order ISP to block Pirate Bay November 30, 2015Stockholm District Court blocks rightsholder action against second-largest Swedish internet service provider, leaving file-sharing site accessibleSweden’s internet service providers cannot be forced to block file sharing site the Pirate Bay nor be held responsible for copyright infringements by users, a court has ruled. Stockholm District Court rejected a la […]Samuel Gibbs
- Prince Charles addresses Paris climate summit – video November 30, 2015The Prince of Wales tells world leaders humanity faces no greater threat than climate change and urges action to tackle rising temperatures. He was speaking on Monday on the opening day of the climate change summit in Paris. Photograph: Bertrand Guay/AFP/Getty ImagesParis climate summit will decide the future of the planet, says François Hollande – live Cont […]Guardian Staff
- Planned Parenthood officials: 'These doors stay open' after Colorado shooting November 30, 2015Contrary to speculation, clinics are not built like ‘fortresses’, leaders sayClinic ‘followed classic active shooter protocol’ during attackIn the wake of the shooting at a Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado Springs that left three people dead and nine wounded, the organization’s leadership wanted people to know it was still safe to come in. Related: Co […]Jessica Valenti
- Smarter renewable power: six innovations November 30, 2015Innovations are helping renewable energy become more accessible, powerful and effective. Emma Howard lists six inventions that are changing the sectorUnlike most solar panels, which use cells made of silicon, solar inks can be printed on to rolls of plastic up to A3 size. The ink can be applied through various methods, including spray coating and screen prin […]Emma Howard
- Eyewitness: Paris, France November 30, 2015Photographs from the Eyewitness series Continue reading...Eric Gaillard/Reuters
- Suspected burglar found dead in California chimney, say police – video November 30, 2015A suspected burglar who attempted to enter a home in California through the chimney died after the homeowner lit a fire without realising the intruder was inside, say police. Firefighters in Huron, a small town in Fresno county, dismantled the chimney on Saturday to try to free the suspect but he was dead. Photograph: Reuters/Fresno County Sheriff’s OfficeSu […]Guardian Staff
- Prince Charles opens Paris climate talks and calls on world leaders to act now November 30, 2015Prince of Wales calls climate change the greatest threat facing humanity and urges leaders to protect the planet for future generationsGlobal warming is the greatest threat that humanity faces and world leaders meeting in Paris for climate talks on Monday must act now, Prince Charles has told delegates from 195 countries meeting in the French capital.“On an […]Adam Vaughan
- Donald Trump stands by claim that New Jersey Muslims cheered 9/11 – audio November 30, 2015US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump repeats his claim on Sunday that he saw Muslims in New Jersey cheering the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre – even fact-checkers have refuted his claim. In a phone interview on NBC’s Meet the Press, Trump says hundreds have told him they also saw such scenes on TV. Photograph: AP Photo/Steve NesiusDonal […]Guardian Staff
- Ringleader in murder of Palestinian youth makes fresh insanity claim November 30, 2015Court finds two Israeli minors guilty of burning to death Mohammed Abu Khdeir but delays ruling over the accused ringleader, Yosef Haim Ben David, 31Two Israeli youths who kidnapped, beat and burned to death Palestinian teenager Mohammed Abu Khdeir last year, have been found guilty of murder.The court, however, accepted a petition from lawyers for the accuse […]Peter Beaumont in Jerusalem
- Pope Francis visits besieged mosque in Central African Republic November 30, 2015Pontiff meets imam in PK5, where 15,000 Muslims are surrounded by Christian militia, to deliver message of reconciliationPope Francis has taken the biggest security risk of his papacy to visit a mosque under siege from armed Christian militias in Bangui, the capital of Central African Republic, delivering a message of peace and reconciliation in a show of so […]Harriet Sherwood Religion correspondent
- Jeremy Corbyn holds crunch Labour talks over vote on Syria airstrikes November 30, 2015Labour leader risks resignation of senior MPs as he considers imposing three-line whip to oppose extending military actionJeremy Corbyn faces the biggest test of his leadership so far as the shadow cabinet prepares to meet to hear whether he will demand they vote against military action against Islamic State in Syria.The Labour leader, who is opposed to exte […]Rowena Mason Political correspondent
- Flood warnings as rain batters Britain November 30, 2015Nearly a month’s volume of rain expected to fall in parts of Wales, with wintry showers forecast for Northern Ireland and ScotlandGale-force winds are making way for heavy rain, putting parts of the country on flood alert as the UK feels little respite from the unsettled weather.Almost a month’s worth of rain is expected in parts of Wales, the Met Office sai […]Press Association
- Mal Brough on Peter Slipper leaks: 'I at no time passed any diaries to any journalist' November 30, 2015Special minister of state explicitly denies passing on former speaker’s diary details as Labor continues to press for his resignationMal Brough has denied leaking extracts of the former speaker Peter Slipper’s diary to any journalist, as the special minister of state continued to resist opposition calls to resign.Labor raised the issue six times during parli […]Daniel Hurst Political correspondent
- The argument for intervening in Syria is strong – but not strong enough | Wes Streeting November 30, 2015I will be voting against airstrikes. David Cameron’s case doesn’t add up to the comprehensive strategy that we need to end war in Syria and defeat IsisThe civil war in Syria is complex and devastating. The home of some of the world’s greatest ancient civilisations has been reduced to rubble, and among the ashes lie the corpses of more than 250,000 Syrian peo […]Wes Streeting
- Evaluation begins of three contenders to build Australia's next submarines November 30, 2015Manufacturers from Germany, France and Japan make final cut in bid for $40bn contract to replace navy’s Collins-class submarinesThree contenders for Australia’s new submarines have submitted their bids, with the evaluation process now under way.The defence minister, Marise Payne, said the bids had come from TKMS of Germany, DCNS of France and the government […]Australian Associated Press
- Why a 'war' on terrorism will generate yet more terrorism November 30, 2015US academic puts the west’s political reaction to attacks by Isis in perspective MPs preparing to vote on whether or not to bomb Isis in Syria would do well to read an article in Foreign Policy magazine, The threat is already inside, and nine other truths about terrorism nobody wants to hear. Written by Rosa Brooks, a law professor at Georgetown university w […]Roy Greenslade
- New security laws could give attorney general more clout over telcos November 30, 2015Telecommunications companies examining details of a bill that could give attorney general greater power to modify their operations based on security assessment by Asio The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (Asio) could be called upon to provide security assessments for telecommunications companies, which could then be used by the attorney general […]Paul Farrell
- Northern Ireland law on abortion ruled as 'incompatible with human rights' November 30, 2015
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- Pope: Christians and Muslims are brothers November 30, 2015Pope Francis visits a mosque in the capital of the Central African Republic, and calls for religious harmony in a country divided along religious lines.
- Vote count under way in Burkina Faso November 29, 2015Counting is under way in Burkina Faso where voters have been electing a new president and parliament after a year of political turmoil.
- 'High chance' of chamber in Tut's tomb November 28, 2015Egyptian officials say they now think it is "90% likely" that there is a hidden chamber in King Tutankhamun's tomb.
- Deadly rocket attack hits UN Mali base November 28, 2015Three people have been killed in a rocket attack on a UN peacekeepers' base in northern Mali, the UN says.
- Police die in Egypt drive-by shooting November 28, 2015Four policemen have been killed in a drive-by shooting at a security checkpoint south of Cairo, Egyptian officials say.
- Chebet given four-year doping ban November 28, 2015Two-time world cross country champion Emily Chebet is among seven athletes given doping ban by Athletics Kenya.
- Suicide attack hits Nigeria Shia march November 27, 2015A suicide bomber has killed at least 21 people in attack on a Shia Muslim procession in Nigeria's Kano state, eyewitnesses say.
- VIDEO: BBC crew help rescue trapped calf November 27, 2015BBC crew help rescue a calf trapped in thick clay in South Africa's Free State province.
- VIDEO: 'We’re only prepared for marriage' November 30, 2015Naomi Bya'Ombe, 15, wishes schools would give both girls and boys the same preparation to succeed in life.
- VIDEO: Pope brings message of peace to CAR November 29, 2015Pope Francis calls for peace and reconciliation in the deeply divided Central African Republic, on the latest leg of his African tour.
- VIDEO: Background to clashes in CAR November 29, 2015As Pope Francis visits the Central African Republic, the country is in the midst of conflict, with society divided between enclaves of Christians and Muslims, clashing daily.
- VIDEO: Huge crowds for Pope's Uganda Mass November 28, 2015Pope Francis celebrates Mass in front of huge crowds in Uganda on the second stage of his three-country Africa tour.
- VIDEO: 'Education is our gap in Angola' November 27, 2015Africa's richest woman talks about the obstacles to economic growth in Angola.
- VIDEO: 'My gender has helped me' November 27, 2015The ICC's prosecutor Fatou Bensouda speaks to the BBC's Zeinab Badawi about her justice, gender and race.
- VIDEO: The women denied rights to own land November 27, 2015A look at the economic case for solving the imbalance between male and female farmers' output around the world.
- Why Kenyans enjoyed the political blackout March 12, 2015Enjoying Kenya's political TV blackout
- Nigeria's 'brown envelope' journalism March 5, 2015Shining a light on Nigeria's "brown envelope" journalism
- Is Bitcoin Africa's unlikely saviour? March 10, 2015Could Bitcoin be Africa's migrant workers' saviour?
- Malawi's expensive phone habit February 20, 2015The country with the world's most expensive mobile phone charges
- VIDEO: Political dynasties: Good or bad? March 6, 2015Satirist asks if political dynasties can be a good thing
- Pope: Christians and Muslims are brothers November 30, 2015
- Hope for Nefertiti’s Tomb, and Egypt’s Economy November 30, 2015
- In Africa, Pope Francis Makes His First Visit to a War Zone November 30, 2015
- Optimism Abounds as Burkina Faso Votes for President November 29, 2015
- State of Terror: ISIS’ Grip on Libyan City Gives It a Fallback Option November 29, 2015
- 4 Egyptian Police Officers Killed Near Cairo in Drive-By Shooting November 28, 2015
- Mortar Attack on a U.N. Base in Mali Kills at Least 3 November 28, 2015
- Pope Francis Offers Mass in Uganda at Shrine for Christian Martyrs November 28, 2015
- World Briefing: Tunisia: Terrorism Suspects Held After Raids November 28, 2015
- World Briefing | Africa: Nigeria: Boko Haram Is Suspected as Suicide Bomber Kills 21 Shiites November 28, 2015
- World Briefing: Burkina Faso: Authorities Claim to Disrupt a ‘Large-Scale Attack’ November 28, 2015