SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Codeynta aftida Gariiga oo weli socota July 5, 2015Malaayiin qof oo reer Giriig ah ayaa maanta u codeynaya afti ku saabsan in la diidaayo ama la aqbalaayo qorshaha deen bixinta ee dalkaasi ay u soo jeediyeen Yurub.
- Duqeyn loo geystay xarunta daacish ee Raqa July 5, 2015Isbeheysiga uu Mareykanka hogaaminaayo ayaa qaaday qudeymo aad u culus oo ay ka fuliyeen meelaha ay daacish ku xooggan yihiin ee Raqa ee dalka Suuriya.
- Dad kubad ciyaarayay oo la duqeeyay July 5, 2015Dad kubadda cagta ku ciyaarayay Magaalada Ramadi oo gacanta ay Daacish ku hayaan ayaa diyaarado dagaal ay duqeeyeen, waxaana halkaasi ku dhintay 25 qof.
- FIFA oo Jarmalka iyo Faransiiska eedeysay July 5, 2015Madaxweynaha FIFA ayaa sheegay in Faransiiska iyo Jarmalka ay doonayeen in habsiyaasadeed ahaan loogu abaalmariyo qabashada ciyaaraha kubadda cagta ee 2018ka iyo 2022ka,
- Kaniisad lagu qarxiyay dalka Nigeria July 5, 2015Ugu yarraan 15 qof ayaa ku dhimatay qarax ismiidaamin ah oo ay ka fulisay qof dumar ah, taas oo gashay ganiisad waqooyi bari Nigeria ku taasha.
- Kulanka nukleyrka Iraan oo dib u furmaya July 5, 2015Wasiirada arrimaha dibadda ee ka wadahadlaaya barnaamijka Nukleyrka Iran ayaa la filaayaa inay dib ugu noqdaan magaalada Vienna maanta si ay mar kale isugu deyaan in heshiis cusub la gaaro.
- Tunisia oo xaalad degdeg ah la geliyay July 4, 2015Madaxweynaha Tunisia, Bejji Caid Essibsi, ayaa xaalad degdeg ah kusoo rogay dalkiisa, kaddib markii todobaad ka hor uu nin hubeysan magaala xeebeedka Sousse ku dilay 38 dalxiisayaal ajaanib ah.
- Chile oo ku guuleysatay Copa America July 4, 2015Xulka qaran ee Chile ayaa ku guuleystay koobka Copa America, kaddib markii uu gool ku laad 4-1 kaga badiyay xulka Argentina.
- Madaxweynaha Galmudug oo BBC u warramay July 4, 2015Cabdikariim Xuseen Guleed ayaa loo doortay madaxweynaha maamulka Galmudug, kaddib markii uu ku guuleystay doorashada madaxtinimada maamulkaasi oo maanta ka dhacday magaalada Cadaado.
- 55 sano kadib Soomaaliya xagey joogtaa? July 3, 2015Doodda Waxay ila tahay ee toddobaadkan wuxuu ku saabsan yahay 55 guurada ka soo wareegtay markii ay xornimada qaateen gobolladii British Somaliland iyo Italian Somaliland oo ay ku midoobeen Jamhuuriyaddii Soomaaliya bishii July sanadkii 1960.
- Hiigsiga Horumarinta Qarniga July 1, 2015Hiigsiga Horumarinta Qarniga waxa uu dhamaanayaa 2015-ka. Balse maxeey yihiin? Guulse malaga gaaray
- Weerarada Sinai July 2, 2015Weerarada Sinai
- Xagar Dheer ayuu ku dhashay Harvard ayaa qaadatay June 29, 2015Wiil ku dhashay xeryaha qaxootiga ee Dhadhaab oo nasiib u helay inuu ku biiro jaamacadda ugu sareysa dunida. Halkan ka dhageyso warbixin umuurtaasi ku saabsan oo Farxaan Maxamed Jimcaale inoo diyaariyay.
- Dumarka ku xiran xabsiga dhexe oo wax la barayo June 28, 2015Markii ugu horeysay ayaa dumarka maxaabiista ah ee ku xiran xabsiga dhexe ee Muqdisho loo billaabay barnaamij ay wax ku baranayaan, iyo madadaalo.
- Barnaamijka Teknolojiyada June 26, 2015Barnaamijka Teknolojiyada
- Waraysi Shirkadda Dahabshiil June 23, 2015Kenya, ayaa xayiraadda ka qaadday shirkadaha xawaaladaha ka howlgalayay dalkaas kadib muddo laba bilood ku dhow oo xayiraad la saaray.
- San daabacaad lagu sameynayo June 25, 2015San daabacaad lagu sameynayo
- Manida ragga oo la keydiyo June 26, 2015Qubaro caafimaad ayaa aaminsan inay wanaagsan tahay in la keydiyo manida 18 jirka.
- Sanad kaddib mamnuucidda Khaatka ee UK iyo saameynta June 24, 2015Halsano kaddib, dadka soo saara Khaat ka ee iskaleh beeraha lagu abuuro ee dalkani Kenya waxa ay sheegayaan in saameyn dhaqaale oo ballaaran inuu ku yeeshay mamnuucidda UK.
- Barnaamijka teknolojiyada June 19, 2015Barnaamijka teknolojiyada.
- Codeynta aftida Gariiga oo weli socota July 5, 2015
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency of the G8 to propose that G8 countries sup […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration of the ‘paradigm shift’ in […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia’s silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s collapse has had a disproporti […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming London Conference on Somalia. How do y […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year’s Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. Al Shabaab has been weakened, having los […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the nominated Cou […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after the agreement on a new […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the people of Somalia and thei […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set on the Indian Ocean, and the waves pounde […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Daawo:Waxgaradka Hiiraan Oo Ka Talabixinaya Siyaasada Cakiran Ee Gogoblkaasi. Somali Channel (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- FAALLO: Ceelka Shidaalka ee Puntland;- Ma Hanti Qaran, mise Dhaxal-beeleed ? (1)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- Ciidamadda Dowladda Kenya oo lagu dhawaaqay xilliga rasmiga ah ee ay ka mid noqonayaan Ciidamadda Amisom (1)
- In ka badan 300 Ardey oo deeq wax barasho ka helay Turkiya oo Maanta ka duulay Muqdisho. [Sawirro] (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- John Kerry Iyo Javad Zarif oo Kulmay Mar Kale July 5, 2015Xoghayaha arrimaha dibadda ee Mareykanka John Kerry iyo dhigiisa Iran Mohammad Javad Zarif ayaa ayaa maanta oo Axad ah ku kulmay magaalada Vienna.
- Xildhibaan Yuusuf Xasan: Kenya Al-Shabaab Way Ka Adkaan Doontaa July 5, 2015Ururka Al-Shabab ayaa weerarro is-daba jog ah ka waday gudaha Kenya tan iyo markii ciidamada waddanbkaasi ay galeen Soomaaliya sanadkii 2011. AL-Shabaab waxay sheegtay inaysan weerarrada jogsanayn illaa inta ciidamada Kenya ay ka baxayaan Soomaaliya, halka Kenya ay ku adkaysanayso inaysan xilligan taasi dhici doonin. Haddaba ma laga yaabaa in Al-Shabaab ay d […]
- Mareykanka oo Xornimadiisa u Dabaal Deggay July 5, 2015Xalay iyo shalay waxaa Mareykanka laga xusay Maalinta Xoriyadda Mareykanka 4ta July oo ku begneyd 239 guuradi ka soo wareegtay markii uu dalkan madax banaanida ka qaatay Gumeystihii Brtian.
- Cabdikariim oo Noqday Madaxweynaha Galmudug July 4, 2015Cabdikariim Xuseen Guleed ayaa loo doortay madaxweynaha maamulka Galmudug kadib markii uu ku guuleystay doorashada madaxtinimada maamulkaasi oo maanta ka dhacday magaalada Cadaado.email@example.com (Mohamed Olad)
- Wareegga Sadexaad Doorashada Galmudug July 4, 2015Doorashada Galmudug oo Wareegga sadexaad la isla aaday, laba murashax oo isu soo haray. Axmed Macalin Fiqi iyo Cabdikarim Guuleed oo isu soo firstname.lastname@example.org (Mohamed Olad)
- Wareegga 2aad Doorashada Galmudug July 4, 2015Doorashada Madaxweynaha Galmudug ayaa gashay wareegii 2aad waxaana socda codeyntta, sadex murashax ayaana u soo email@example.com (Mohamed Olad)
- Ka bixista Saldhigyada ee AMISOM Iyo al-Shabab July 4, 2015Somalia sanaidihii u dambeeyay waxaa ka jirtay rajo xooggan oo dhinaca nabadda iyo dowladnimada ah. Inkastoo amaanku aanu aheyn mid buuxa,hadana waxaa si guud loo wiiqay awoodii ururka al-shabab.
- AMISOM: Kama Baxayno Dhul aan Qabanay July 3, 2015Maman Sidikou, ergayga Midowga Africa ee Somalia ayaa beeniyey warar sheegaya in Ciidamada AMISOM ay dib uga oo guranayaan deegaamadii ay hore u qabsadeen ururka al-Shabaab.
- 3,500 oo Qaxooti ah oo Gaadhay Boosaaso July 3, 2015Dekadda magaalada Boosaaso ee Puntland waxaa shalay gaaray Markab siday qaxooti gaaraya 3 kun iyo 500 oo qof oo ka tagay dalka Yemen. Qaxootigan ayaa u badan haween iyo caruur.
- Ra'yi Ururin laga Sameeyey Aftida Giriiga ka Dhacaysa July 3, 2015Ra’yi ururin hordhac ah oo laga sameeyey aftida la filayo in loo qaado maalinta Axadda Hindisaha Gunti-giijiska ee Midawga Yurub soo jeediyey ayaa muujinaysa in si weyn loogu kala aragti duwan yahay hindisahaas.
- US oo Joojisay Taageradii Amniga ee Burundi July 3, 2015Wasaaradda Arrimaha Debedda ee Maraykanka ayaa sheegtay inay joojiyeen taageero dhinaca ammaanka ah oo ay siin jireen dalka Burundi. Qaramada Midoobay ayaa sheegtay in doorashadii baarlamaanka ee dalka Burundi aanay ahayn mid si xor ah.
- Maraykanka oo Dilay Masuul sare oo ka Tirsan Daacish July 3, 2015Wasaaradda Difaaca Maraykanka ayaa sheegtay in weerar ka dhacay dalka Syria oo ay qaadeen diyaaradaha aan duuliyaha lahayn ee dalka Maraykanka in lagu dilay masuul sare oo ka tirsan ururka Daacish oo ka soo jeeday dalka Tunisia.
- AMISOM oo Ka Baxday Qoryoolay July 2, 2015Ciidamada nabad ilaalinta ee AMISOM ayaa la sheegay inay ka guureen saldhigyadii ay ku lahaayeen magaalada Qoryooley ee Gobolka Shabeellada Hoose. Ciidamadan ayaa la sheegay inay ku sugan yihiin duleedka magaalada.
- AMISOM oo Deegaano Cusub ka Baxday July 2, 2015Ciidamada AMISOM ayaa xalay ka baxay degmooyin ay ka mid tahay degmada AW-DHEEGLE ee gobolka Shabeellaha Hoose. Guddoomiyaha Aw-Dheegle ayaa sheegay in al Shabaab ay gabi ahaanba la wareegtay saldhigyadii ay ciidamada AMISOM ka baxeen.
- Dad ku Dhintay Weerar ka Dhacay Mandheera July 2, 2015Ku dhawaad 10 qof ayaa lagu soo warramayaa inay dhinteen, kuwo kalena ay dhaawacmeen kadib markii xalay dagaal uu ka dhacay deegaan hoos yimaada gobolka Mandheera ee u dhow xadka Soomaaliya iyo Kenya u dhexeeya.
- Taxanaha Ammaanka Internetka Qaybta 4aad July 2, 2015Horumarka ay dunnidu ka samaysay dhinaca internetka oo faa’iido weyn u horseeday nolosha aadamaha waxaa mataanneeya dhibaatooyin iyaguna la socdo horumarkaas.
- Warbixin: Qoysaska Soomaalida ah ee Ubadka laga Qaato July 2, 2015Waalidiinta Soomaalida ee ku nool qurbaha ayaa mararka qaar la kulma in dawladdu ay ka la wareegto ubadka, arrintaasi oo sababo kala duwan leh.
- 1-da Luulyo oo si weyn loogu dabbaaldegay July 1, 2015Munaasabaddo lagu xusayo sanad-guuradii 55 ee ka soo wareegtay maalintii ay gobollada koofureed xoriyada ka qaateen gumeystihii Talyaaniga iyo midowgii Koonfur iyo Waqooyi ayaa xalay looga dabbaaldegay meelo badan oo ka tirsan Soomaaliya.
- Puntland oo Dhaliishay Dawladda Somalia July 1, 2015Madaxweynaha Puntland Cabdiwali Maxamed Cali Gaas ayaa si weyn u dhaliilay dowladda Somalia, gaar ahaan ku lug lahaanshaheeda maamulka Gobolada Dhexe.
- Somalia: Kamaanaan Noqon Dacwaddii Badda July 1, 2015Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibadda ee Kenya Amina Mohamed ayaa u sheegtay baarlamanka dalka Kenya in dowladaha Somalia iyo Kenya ay ka wada shaqeynayaan in muranka labada wadan ee dhinaca xadka badda ah ay wada hadal ku xaliyaan,
- John Kerry Iyo Javad Zarif oo Kulmay Mar Kale July 5, 2015
- Malaysian Leader Faces Risk of Criminal Charges Over Fund July 5, 2015Prime Minister Najib Razak is facing the risk of criminal charges over allegations that hundreds of millions of dollars were funneled from an indebted state fund to his personal bank accounts, the first time a Malaysian leader has faced criminal allegations. Malaysia's attorney general confirmed late Saturday that he had received documents from an offic […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Civilians Killed in Yemen Airstrikes July 5, 2015Saudi-led airstrikes killed civilians in Yemen's second city of Aden on Sunday, with the UN envoy expected in the capital for talks on a cease-fire plan with Houthi rebels. The death toll of violence between pro-government forces and the Houthis, combined with Riyadh's the three month air campaign against the militia, continues to increase despite […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Land Mine Blast in East Ukraine Kills 5 Soldiers, Wounds 3 July 5, 2015Ukraine says five of its soldiers were killed and three wounded when a land mine exploded in the east of the country, where government troops are fighting Russia-backed separatists. The presidential administration spokesman for the military operation, Alexander Motuzyanik, told reporters Sunday that the explosion occurred the previous day near the village of […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Russia Bans Internet Database Archive July 5, 2015Internet users in Russia will no longer be able to access a massive database of cached webpages, apparently due to one single website authorities in Moscow don’t like. Russia’s attorney general has ordered blockage of the site, known as “The Wayback Machine,” citing legislation that bans minors from accessing sites that contain pornography, sexual abuse, or […]email@example.com (Doug Bernard)
- Marie Alice Salinas reports from Vienna July 5, 2015VOA's Mary Alice Salinas discusses the Iran nuclear talks and what to expect Sunday and in the days firstname.lastname@example.org (Mary Alice Salinas)
- 7 Pakistani Troops Killed in Bomb Attack, Firefight July 5, 2015Military officials in Pakistan say a firefight with Islamist militants near the border with Afghanistan Sunday left four soldiers and 12 insurgents dead. The army’s media wing says “fleeing terrorists also left behind 3 of their dead bodies." The fighting occurred in the Dattakhel area of North Waziristan, a semi-autonomous tribal region where major […]email@example.com (Ayaz Gul)
- Progress Reported in Iran Nuclear Talks as Deadline Draws Near July 5, 2015Iran nuclear talks appear to have advanced in two critical areas as foreign ministers from six negotiating powers prepare to meet in Vienna in a final push to secure a nuclear deal with Iran ahead of a self-imposed July 7 deadline. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif are meeting Sunday, as other foreign minist […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Mary Alice Salinas)
- Suicide Bomber Explodes at Northeast Nigeria Church, 5 Dead July 5, 2015A woman suicide bomber blew up in the midst of a crowded evangelical Christian church service in northeast Nigeria on Sunday and killed at least five people, witnesses said. It is the latest in a string of bombings and shooting attacks blamed on the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram that has killed some 200 people in the past week. Nearly 100 men and boys p […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- VOA's Mary Alice Salinas on the Iran Nuclear Talks July 5, 2015VOA's Mary Alice Salinas discusses the Iran nuclear talks and what to expect Sunday and in the days ahead.
- Russian Cargo Ship Arrives at Space Station July 5, 2015An unmanned Russian cargo vessel successfully docked with the International Space Station Sunday morning, breaking a string of failed attempts to resupply the station. The Progress delivered more than three tons of food, fuel and supplies to the orbiting outpost. Three attempts to supply the station have failed within the last nine months, including one last […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Coalition Airstrikes Target IS Militants in Raqqa July 5, 2015U.S.-led coalition airstrikes in eastern Syria Saturday and Sunday have killed at least 23 Islamic State militants and wounded others. In a statement issued early Sunday, the coalition said the airstrikes targeted structures and transit routes used by the IS group in and around Raqqa. Coalition spokesman Lt. Col. Thomas Gilleran says the airstrikes, which he […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Greeks Vote on Bailout Referendum July 5, 2015Greeks are voting Sunday in a referendum on whether to accept the terms of a European Union bailout, which include further spending cuts. It remains unclear whether Greeks will vote for more economic austerity to get European bailout funds or reject EU demands and risk being thrown out of the eurozone. Surveys going into Sunday's snap poll show the vote […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Henry Ridgwell)
- Nigerian Governor Calls for Calm as Boko Haram Attacks Escalate July 5, 2015Amid a surge of deadly violence by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria’s northeast, the governor of the embattled Borno state is trying to assure residents of their safety. Fighters from the Islamist militant group stormed the village of Zabarmari on the outskirts of the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, on Friday evening. The militants killed seven people before […]email@example.com (Chris Stein)
- Clinton Accuses China of Stealing US Government Information July 5, 2015Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Saturday accused China of stealing commercial secrets and "trying to hack into everything that doesn't move in America." Speaking at a campaign event in the northeastern state of New Hampshire, the former U.S. secretary of state and U.S. senator from New York said China is "stealing hug […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Analysis: IAEA’s Iran Visit Key to Striking Nuclear Deal July 4, 2015The International Atomic Energy Agency's top inspector said Saturday that a report detailing Iran's nuclear program could be ready by the end of the year if a deal is struck between Iran and world powers. Analysts say his recent visit to Tehran could be a key factor in reaching a deal, and later being able to successfully implement that agreement. […]email@example.com (Heather Murdock)
- US Officials Complete Trade Mission to Africa July 4, 2015Sub-Saharan Africa is home to six of the world’s fastest growing economies, and the continent itself is growing at over four percent per year. The US Government sees that as an opportunity for American companies to find trade partners that will create economic benefits – and jobs. Representatives from 14 American companies got their chance in late June, when […]firstname.lastname@example.org (William Eagle)
- IS Video Shows Mass Execution in Syria's Palmyra July 4, 2015Islamic State militants have released a video showing 25 men being executed by what appear to be teenagers in an ancient amphitheater in the Syrian city of Palmyra. The video, uploaded to social media Saturday, purports to show IS militants leading a group of what are said to be Syrian government soldiers from the notorious Palmyra prison to the amphitheater […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Defense Minister Rejected as Taliban Battle Near Kabul July 4, 2015Afghanistan's parliament rejected a second nominee for defense minister on Saturday, leaving a vacuum that has already lasted nine months, while government forces battled the Taliban just 30 miles west of the capital, Kabul. The president's failure to nominate a full cabinet since he took office in September has sown great discontent among Afghans, […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- Europe Seeks Relief From Heat Wave July 4, 2015Spain's meteorological agency on Saturday warned people to brace for high temperatures across much of the country over the coming days, amid a lingering European heat wave. The agency said "temperatures will be significantly higher in much of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands," exceeding 35 degrees Celsius (95 F) and reaching 40 C (104 F) […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Nigeria President Buhari Calls on Muslims to Reject Boko Haram July 4, 2015Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has called on the Muslim community to condemn the violent activities of Islamist extremist group Boko Haram. His call Saturday came after a surge of deadly suicide bombings in Nigeria's Borno state since the beginning of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Sheikh Abdullahi Bala Lau, national chairman of the prominent M […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter Clottey)
- Malaysian Leader Faces Risk of Criminal Charges Over Fund July 5, 2015
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Waxey qorsheeyeen hiigsi Qaran dumin ah………
- Xasanoow: Shalaad dhalateye waa la shubi jiray!
- Wararkii ugu dambeeyay ee Shirka IGAD ee Berri furmaya (SAWIRRO)
- Daawo Sawirada Sida Quruxda badan ee loo dhisay Masjidka Isbaheysiga Islaamka ee Magaalada Muqdisho
- Nothing to be excited about the 53rd IGAD meetingin somalia
- Somalia Hires First Six Female Prosecutors - Voice of America July 4, 2015Voice of AmericaSomalia Hires First Six Female ProsecutorsVoice of AmericaMOGADISHU, SOMALIA—. In a nation long marred by conflict, corruption and impunity, Somalia's government is hoping to rebuild the country's justice system and, for the first time, has brought on board six female prosecutors. Abdullahi Ahmed Jamaa ...Somalia Justice depertment […]
- Exclusive: US Operates Drones From Secret Bases in Somalia - Foreign Policy (blog) July 2, 2015Foreign Policy (blog)Exclusive: US Operates Drones From Secret Bases in SomaliaForeign Policy (blog)But the shadowy U.S. presence in this strategic port city in war-torn southern Somalia has clear consequences for anyone with a share of power here. That includes Somali regional officials who are quick to praise American counterterrorism efforts ...African Un […]
- Somalia reached 'tipping point,' can secure peace, UN official says - Reuters July 2, 2015Voice of AmericaSomalia reached 'tipping point,' can secure peace, UN official saysReutersNAIROBI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Somalia has made "remarkable" progress in the last two years and has reached a "tipping point" where it can secure peace, the chief United Nations official in Somalia said on Thursday. Philippe Lazzari […]
- Somalia: Mogadishu Car blast wounds intelligence officer - Horseed Media July 5, 2015Horseed MediaSomalia: Mogadishu Car blast wounds intelligence officerHorseed MediaSomalia: Mogadishu Car blast wounds Somali intelligence officer A Somali intelligence officer has been targeted with a bomb planted in his car in the Somali Capital, Mogadishu on Sunday, witnesses and officials said. “A bomb placed in Colonel Abdiaziz ...SOMALIA: car bomb hits […]
- Somalia: Regional leaders Congratulate Abdikarim on Election triumph - Geeska Afrika July 4, 2015somalicurrentSomalia: Regional leaders Congratulate Abdikarim on Election triumphGeeska AfrikaThe United Nations, Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), the European Union (EU), African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) and the United States of America welcomed the successful conclusion of elections for the Galmudug Interim ...Somalia: Puntland […]
- SOMALIA : Al- Shabab withdraws from Wanlawayn after brief seizure - Raxanreeb Online July 5, 2015Raxanreeb OnlineSOMALIA : Al- Shabab withdraws from Wanlawayn after brief seizureRaxanreeb OnlineSomali Islamist militants have exited Wanlawayn district after a brief seizure on Saturday night, RBC Reports. The militants have assaulted Somali military base in the district which lies 90 – km to the capital city of Somalia. After battling the ...altro »
- Somalia: UN official commends election of speaker of regional assembly - UN News Centre June 28, 2015UN News CentreSomalia: UN official commends election of speaker of regional assemblyUN News Centre“The Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Somalia Nicholas Kay welcomed the election of the Speaker of the Galmudug…by members of the assembly in Adaado, on 27 June,” said a statement issued this morning by the UN Assistance ...altro »
- Shabab Militants Attack African Union Base in Somalia - New York Times June 26, 2015U.S. News & World ReportShabab Militants Attack African Union Base in SomaliaNew York TimesThe African Union Mission in Somalia, which helps fight the Shabab, did not confirm the number of troops killed in the attack. Burundi, which is also fighting threats from the Shabab, has the mission's second-largest troop contingent, with more than 5 ...Extre […]
- St. Cloud Somali leaders react to Emmer's Somalia Caucus - City Pages July 1, 2015City PagesSt. Cloud Somali leaders react to Emmer's Somalia CaucusCity PagesTea Partier Tom Emmer and urban liberal champ Keith Ellison are Minnesota's newest political odd couple. Last week the congressmen from opposite sides of the cable news spin joined forces to launch the U.S. House's Somalia Caucus. The mission: press ...
- It has suffered, yes, but as Somalia marks 55 years of independence, these are ... - Mail & Guardian Africa June 30, 2015Mail & Guardian AfricaIt has suffered, yes, but as Somalia marks 55 years of independence, these are ...Mail & Guardian AfricaIn the 1967 presidential election, Somalia's first president, Aden Abdulle Osman Daar, was defeated by Abdirashid Ali Shermarke, his former Prime Minister. His term as president ended on June 10, 1967. Daar accepted the l […]
- Somalia Hires First Six Female Prosecutors - Voice of America July 4, 2015
- Côte d’Ivoire: Don’t Shut Down Investigations June 25, 2015
- EU: Bold Steps Needed on Mediterranean Crisis June 24, 2015
- Arrest of Rwanda Intelligence Chief June 23, 2015
- World Bank Group: Project Critics Threatened, Harassed, Jailed June 22, 2015
- Angola: Rights Activists Face Outrageous Trials June 18, 2015
- Burundi: Video Highlights Police Abuses June 16, 2015
- DR Congo: Free ‘Filimbi’ Activists June 15, 2015
- Kenya: Botched Response to Deadly Attacks June 15, 2015
- UN: Civilians at Risk as Darfur Attacks Surge June 11, 2015
- Kenya: End Harassment of Rights Groups June 11, 2015
- Greek referendum: EU may grant more emergency aid – live July 5, 2015Photos: Million of Greeks vote on bailout packagePolls close at 7pm local time / 5pm BSTTsipras: ‘Today democracy conquers fear’Head of EU parliament: EU may grant more emergency aid to GreeceAnalysts say young people could swing the voteSummary of latest eventsGreek referendum: six questions about what happens next 3.21pm BST More photos from Greece today, […]Julia Kollewe (until 1.45pm) and Graeme Wearden (now)
- Maine man killed after trying to launch firework from top of his head July 5, 2015Devon Staples, 22, died instantly after placing mortar tube on his head and setting it off, officials say, in first fatality since state legalized fireworksMaine state police say a man celebrating the Fourth of July died when he tried to launch a firework off the top of his head.Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine department of public safety, says […]Associated Press in Calais, Maine
- Knoxville black church attacked by arsonists: 'The ultimate act of cowardice' July 5, 2015The College Hill Seventh-Day Adventist church’s pastor has forgiven those responsible for the fire – but life for the congregation will be changed foreverA few minutes after 11am on Independence Day, College Hill Seventh-Day Adventist church pastor Cleveland Hodby III stands behind the wooden pulpit of his 33-year-old house of worship, which stands atop a ku […]Max Blau in Knoxville, Tennessee
- Greece’s Yanis Varoufakis votes in crucial referendum - video July 5, 2015Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis casts his vote in the country's historic referendum on terms for an international bailout. The government has strongly urged the public to vote 'No', with Varoufakis accusing creditors of 'terrorism', but opponents are warning that such a decision could lead Greece out of the eurozone Continue […]Guardian Staff
- Tony Abbott calls for leaders to agree on 'achievable' Indigenous recognition July 5, 2015The challenge ‘is not necessarily to do the best that each one of us thinks should be done but to do the best that ... can be done,’ PM says before summitTony Abbott has recommitted himself to “correcting the great silence” in Australia’s constitution – but has asked Indigenous leaders to focus on a form of changes that are achievable.The prime minister will […]Daniel Hurst Political correspondent
- Rosie Batty calls for funds as poll finds family violence feared above terrorism July 5, 2015Poll reveals 76% think family violence is as big or bigger threat than terrrorism and advocates call for it to be funded in proportion to the scale of the problemThe Australian of the Year, Rosie Batty, has called on governments to reassess their priorities, after a new poll suggested three in four people believed family violence was at least as big a threat […]Daniel Hurst Political correspondent
- Egypt journalists face jail for reporting non-government terrorism statistics July 5, 2015New law awaiting presidential approval outlaws the publication of ‘false news or data about any terrorist operations that contradicts official statements’Egypt was accused of making a savage assault on free speech on Sunday, after its cabinet drafted a law that criminalises the reporting of terrorism statistics that differ from those the government provides. […]Patrick Kingsley and Manu Abdo in Cairo
- US-led air strikes hit Isis stronghold of Raqqa July 5, 2015Militants and are civilians reported killed in one of the largest operations carried out by the US-led coalition against Islamic State in Syria to dateUS-led coalition aircraft have conducted a series of air strikes targeting the Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa in eastern Syria, killing at least 10 militants and wounding many others, in one of the largest […]Associated Press in Beirut
- Woman who sneaks on planes caught again without a ticket at Chicago airports July 5, 2015Marilyn Hartman detained at airport security and was charged with criminal trespassing and with violating her bond on previous chargesA woman who has repeatedly tried to sneak aboard airplanes has been arrested in Chicago twice in as many days, the latest incident while trying to get through security without a ticket at O’Hare international airport.Chicago p […]Associated Press in Chicago
- Fiji hammer Micronesia 38-0 at Pacific Games - video highlights July 5, 2015Organisers of the Pacific Games believe Fiji has broken the record for the biggest win in international football after defeating Micronesia 38-0 on Sunday. Fiji were already up 21-0 by half-time with Antonio Tuivuna scoring ten goals. Organisers of the tournament say the previous record was held by Australia when they beat American Samoa 31-0 in a qualifier […]Guardian Staff
- North Carolina deck collapse injures at least 14 with two in critical condition July 5, 2015A family was gathering at a beach house to take a group photoPeople, including a young child, were rushed to hospital A deck collapsed at a North Carolina beach house as a family got set to take a group photo, leaving at least 14 people injured with two of those in critical condition, authorities said.A spokeswoman at a nearby hospital later said 20 people, […]Associated Press in Emerald Isle, North Carolina
- Fiji hammer Micronesia 38-0 in 'record international win' at Pacific Games July 5, 2015Victory surpasses Australia’s 31-0 thrashing of American Samoa in 2001, but Fifa may decide not recognise the match between under-23 sidesIt must be hard for a football manager to find positives when your side has conceded 68 goals in its last two matches and scored none, but for the coach of the Federated States of Micronesia looking on the bright side is p […]Kevin Darling in Port Moresby
- European officials tell Greeks they won't abandon them after referendum July 5, 2015Politicians suggest there will be more support for debt-stricken Greece, no matter how people vote in Sunday’s pollAs Greeks voted in a referendum crucial to the future of the eurozone, a growing list of German and other European politicians sought to reassure them that – whatever the outcome – they would not be left to their fate.The president of the Europe […]John Hooper and Helena Smith in Athens
- Forth Bridge named as Scotland's sixth world heritage site July 5, 2015Feat of Victorian engineering has joined St Kilda, Edinburgh and the Great Wall of China on Unesco list, heritage committee announcesThe Forth Bridge, that majestic, russet-hued testament to Victorian engineering, has been confirmed by Unesco as Scotland’s sixth world heritage site. The rail bridge, which is 2,529 metres (8,296ft) long and 100 metres high, w […]Libby Brooks Scotland reporter
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine review – Shakespeare under occupation July 5, 2015Tom Sperlinger’s account of teaching English literature to students in the occupied territories is an illuminating look at the wider role of educationIn 2013, Tom Sperlinger taught English literature for five months at a university in the occupied West Bank. His excellent first book is a short memoir reflecting on encounters with young Palestinians in and ou […]Anthony Cummins
- Calais drivers need more protection from migrants, says lorry group July 5, 2015Road Haulage Association warns of potential for fatal attacks and suggests deployment of French military to boost securitySomeone will end up being killed if more is not done to protect lorry drivers from desperate migrants in Calais trying to get to the UK, the Road Haulage Association has warned. Industrial action by ferry workers over the past two weeks, […]Haroon Siddique and agency
- Osborne accuses BBC of 'imperial ambitions' and calls for savings July 5, 2015Chancellor says broadcaster must contribute to cutting deficit and be scrutinised further to ensure it does not crowd out newspapers and their websites George Osborne has accused the BBC of becoming “imperial in its ambitions” following reports that he plans to raid the institution to help cover the benefits bill. In an interview days before his first budget […]Rajeev Syal
- Princess Charlotte gets five godparents, two fewer than Prince George July 5, 2015Duke and Duchess of Cambridge choose the daughter of one of Diana’s sisters as well as close friends for the role, but no members of royal familyThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen five godparents for their daughter Princess Charlotte, including Prince William’s cousin Laura Fellowes.The Cambridges asked Fellowes – the daughter of one of Diana, Pri […]Press Association
- Eyewitness: Haltern, Germany July 5, 2015Photographs from the Eyewitness series Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- 'This country's bankrupt': supporters keep Donald Trump in business July 5, 2015In New Hampshire, where mogul rides high in the polls, controversial comments on Mexico and immigration come second to his mastery of the art of the dealDonald Trump is a loudmouth who has never spent a day in public office. And that is why his supporters want him to be president. Related: Donald Trump refuses to release birth certificate and passport record […]Ben Jacobs in Washington
- Greek referendum: EU may grant more emergency aid – live July 5, 2015
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- Boko Haram attack caps bloody week July 5, 2015Boko Haram militants are blamed for a suicide bomb attack in a Nigerian church at the end of a week in which more than 200 people were killed.
- Tunisia declares state of emergency July 4, 2015Tunisia declares a state of emergency, just over a week after 38 people were killed in attack in the resort city of Sousse.
- Kenyan 'killer brew' crackdown July 3, 2015Authorities in Kenya are beginning a four-day nationwide crackdown against illicitly brewed alcohol following a recent spate of deaths.
- Car smashes through South Africa roof July 2, 2015A photo is released of a car which smashed through the roof of a house in South Africa's coastal city Durban.
- Sanctions on South Sudan generals July 2, 2015The UN Security Council imposes sanctions on six generals accused of fuelling the 18-month conflict in South Sudan, the world's newest state.
- Egypt vows to pursue IS in Sinai July 2, 2015Egypt says its army will continue its offensive in the Sinai Peninsula until it is cleared of Islamic State militants, after clashes killed more than 100 people.
- Liberia's new Ebola outbreak spreads July 1, 2015Two more cases of Ebola are confirmed in the Liberian village where a teenager died on Sunday - the first case for seven weeks.
- VIDEO: 'Our army has paid a heavy price' July 5, 2015The president of Tunisia announces a state of emergency following last week's deadly attack at the Sousse tourist resort.
- VIDEO: Ghana tries to prevent flood repeat July 3, 2015Communities in Ghana's capital, Accra, are still recovering from the floods and fire which swept through the city one month ago, killing 150 people. It is trying to avoid a repeat.
- VIDEO: Zimbabwe's 'cellphone farmers' July 3, 2015Former hotelier Tapfumanei Shinya tells the BBC why managing his land over his mobile phone would never yield results.
- VIDEO: Madagascar's sapphire miners July 3, 2015Desperate to make their fortunes, many people in Madagascar are putting their lives at risk.
- VIDEO: 'I lost my job' week after massacre July 3, 2015The BBC's Rana Jawad reports from Tunisia that people have already lost their jobs in the week since the deadly attack by a gunman in the city of Sousse.
- VIDEO: Tunisia hotel 'hero' tells of gun attack July 3, 2015In the wake of the terror attack on a Tunisian beach last Friday, survivors reported heroic acts from hotel staff. One of those staff members has spoken exclusively to the BBC's Ben Brown.
- VIDEO: UK observes silence for Tunisia dead July 3, 2015A one-minute silence is observed across the UK to remember the 30 British men and women killed in the Tunisia massacre. last Friday.
- VIDEO: What's Up Africa - Best of Series 2 July 2, 2015As What's Up Africa's presenter Ikenna Azuike and his team take a well-earned break, we have put together the best bits of Series 2.
- Why Kenyans enjoyed the political blackout March 12, 2015Enjoying Kenya's political TV blackout
- Nigeria's 'brown envelope' journalism March 5, 2015Shining a light on Nigeria's "brown envelope" journalism
- Is Bitcoin Africa's unlikely saviour? March 10, 2015Could Bitcoin be Africa's migrant workers' saviour?
- Malawi's expensive phone habit February 20, 2015The country with the world's most expensive mobile phone charges
- VIDEO: Political dynasties: Good or bad? March 6, 2015Satirist asks if political dynasties can be a good thing
- Boko Haram attack caps bloody week July 5, 2015
- State of Emergency Is Declared in Tunisia July 4, 2015
- World Briefing: Liberia: 200 Reportedly Had Contact With Ebola Victim July 3, 2015
- World Briefing | Africa: South Sudan: 2 Sanctioned by U.S. July 3, 2015
- Jihadist From Tunisia Died in Strike in Libya, U.S. Official Says July 3, 2015
- Liberia Reports New Cases of Ebola July 3, 2015
- Boko Haram Militants Suspected in Attacks at Mosques in Nigeria July 3, 2015
- Weak Power Grids in Africa Stunt Economies and Fire Up Tempers July 2, 2015
- World Briefing: Burundi: 6 Are Killed During Protests July 2, 2015
- Country Music Finds a Home Far From Home, in Kenya July 1, 2015
- World Briefing: Victims of Attack at Tunisian Beach Resort Are Identified July 1, 2015