SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Sucuudiga oo Mareykanka uga digay dacwadda weerarkii 2001 September 30, 2016Sucuudi Carabiya ayaa ugu baaqday aqalka Congress-ka mareykanka in uusan u ogolaan elehada dadkii ku dhintay weerarkii 11-kii September 2001-dii in ay qaadaan tallaabo sharci ah oo ka dhan ah boqortooyada Sucuudiga.
- Qaxooti Suuriyaan ah oo quuluubta dadka Canada soo jiitay September 30, 2016Ma jirto caruusad jecel in ay waji gabax la kulanto maalinta aroos keeda: Jo Du ayuuse ka halaabay siibkii taashkii ay u soo xiratay xalfadda arooskeeda.
- Duterte oo dagaalka uu kula jiro daroogada barbar dhigay kii Hitler September 30, 2016Madaxwaynaha dalka Philippine, Rodrigo Duterte ayaa ol'olihiisa ka dhanka ah daroogada barbar dhigay dagaalkii Holocaust ee Yuhuudda lagu laayay, isaga oo sheegay in uu dadka daroogada qabatimay ka dili karo intii uu Hitler ka dilay Yuhuudda.
- Carruurta xalab oo xanuunnada dhimirku ku soo badanayaan September 30, 2016Dhakhtar sare oo ku sugan qaybta bari ee magaalada Xalab ee ay mucaaradku haystaan ayaa sheegay in tiro sii kordhaysa oo ka mid ah carruurta halkaas ku sugan ay qabaan xanuun dhanka dhimirka ah.
- Shimon Peres oo tacsiyo loogu sameynayo Qudus September 30, 2016Madaxda adduunka ayaa isu diyaarinaya in ay ka qayb qaataan tacsida iyo aaska loo samaynayo Shimon Peres.
- Mareykanka oo shaqaalihiisa kala baxaya DRC September 30, 2016Waaxda arrimaha dibadda Mareykanka ayaa ku amartay qoysaska saraakiisha dowladda ee ku sugan dalka Jamhuuriyadda Dimuquraadiga ee Congo in ay dalkaasi ka baxaan, sababo la xiriira xasilLooni darrida dalkaasi ka jirta.
- Jahwareer ka dhashay duqeyntii Maraykanka ee Gaalkacyo September 29, 2016Dowladda Maraykanka ayaa sheegtay in ciidammadeeda ay duqeyn u geysteen meel u dhow magaalada Gaalkacyo ee bartamaha Soomaaliya oo ay ku dileen sagaal ka mid ah dagaalamayaasha Al-shabaab.
- Liam Fox: 'Ka bixida Midowga Yurub ee UK waa fursad dahab ah' September 29, 2016Xoghayaha ganacsiga caalamiga ee UK Liam Fox, ayaa sheegay in ka bixitaanka Midowga Yurub tahay fursad dahab ah, iyadoo ra'iisalwasaaraha Talyaaniga uu saadaaliyay wadahadal adag inuu soo socdo.
- Turkiga oo 3 bilood oo dheeri ah ku daray xaaladda dagdaga ah September 29, 2016Madaxwaynaha dalka Turkiga Recep Tayyip Erdogan, ayaa meel mariyay in saddex bilood oo dheeri ah lagu daro wakhtiga uu dalku ku sii jirayo xaaladda dagdaga ah
- Wax soo sarka saliida adduunka oo la dhimayo September 29, 2016Wadamada ku bahoobay ururka OPEC oo ku heshiiyay in la dhimo wax soo sarka saliida adduunka
- Baaritaan lagu wado shilkii tareen ee ka dhacay New Jersey September 30, 2016Baarayaasha mareykanka ayaa sheegay in ay ku rajo weyn yihiin in ay heelaan qalabka duuba macluumaadka ee tareenkii shilka ku galay New Jersery.
- Mareykanka oo cunaqabateyn ku soo rogay saraakiil reer Congo ah September 29, 2016Dowlada Mareykanka oo sheegtay in ay cunaqabateyn ku soo rogayso saraakiil reer Congo ah
- Singapore oo xirtay wiil yar oo Islaamka iyo Kiristaanka aflagaadeeyay September 29, 2016Wiil kuray ah oo internetka wax ku qora ayaa xabsi lagu xukumay ka dib markii maxkamad ku taalla dalka Singapore ay ku heshay in uu dhaawac u gaystay dareen diimeed.
- Hindiya oo 'duqeysay mintidiinta gobolka Kashmir' September 29, 2016Hindiya waxay sheegtay inay xalay duqeysay xadka ay labada waddan ku muransan yihiin, iyadoo bartilmaameedkeedu ahaa waxa ay ugu yeertay goobo ay argagixisadu ka soo weerarto.
- Obama oo walaac ka muujiyay in Sucuudiga lagu eedeeyo weerarkii 2001 September 29, 2016Aqalka Congereska Maraykanka ayaa diiday codkii qayaxnaa ee Madaxweyne Obama uu ku diiday in la dacweeyo dowlada Sacuudiga kaalintii la sheegay in ay ku lahayd weerarkii 11-kii Sebteembar sanadkii 2001-kii.
- Carruur qaba HIV oo uusan isu badalin Aids 'iyaga oon dawo la siinin' September 29, 2016Cilmi baaris ay sameeyeen saynisyahanno ka tirsan Jaamacadda Oxford ayaa lagu ogaaday in boqolkiiba toban caruurta uu ku dhaco fayraska HIV uusan isu badalin xanuunka AIDS, xataa iyaga oon wax dawo ah qaadanin.
- Buug uu qoray nin tahriibka dhibkiisa arkay oo ku soo noqday Hargaysa September 29, 2016Maxamed Xuseen Geeldoon, waa wiil dhalinyaro ah oo isagoo tahriib ah saxaraha ka gudbay oo gaaray Libya, doon ayaa la qalibmi gaartay, wuu silcay, wuu rafaaday ka dibna wuxuu go'aansaday inuu dalkiisii dib ugu noqdo oo wuxuu ku laabtay magaalada Hargaysa oo uu haatan ku suganyahay.
- Dhaawaca weerarkii Maraykanka oo la geeyay isbitaal Galkacyo September 29, 2016Dadkii ku dhaawacmay weerarkii Maraykanka uu ku qaaday meel u dhow Galkacyo ayaa la dhigay isbitaalka koofurta magaalada gaalkacyo.
- Jubaland oo ka hadashay dib u dhaca doorashada September 29, 2016Gudgiga doorashooyinka dadban ee Soomaaliya ayaa labo jeer dib u dhigay xilligii doorashada la qaban lahaa.
- Wasiirka amniga ee Galmudug oo ka hadlay weerar saldhig ciidamada September 28, 2016Maamulka Galmudug waxa uu sheegayaa in xarun ciidamadooda diyaarado weerareen, laguna dilay ilaa 20 askartooda, 16 kalena ay dhaawac yihiin.
- Sucuudiga oo Mareykanka uga digay dacwadda weerarkii 2001 September 30, 2016
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […] The post Somalia and the G8: Push to s […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […] The post Opportunity, […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia's silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […] The post Giving voice to S […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […] The post From the Olympic village […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year's Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […] The post Somalia: A New Year's […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] The post […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […] The post Somalia: s […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […] The post Somalia: Taki […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […] The post Celebrating Somali Olympic h […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- Hillary Clinton oo ka hadashay midnimada Somaliya (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Xayiraad Laga Qaadey Qaxooti Dhadhaab Ku Xannibnaa September 30, 2016Masuulyiinta Maamulka Jubbaland iyo madaxda hay'adda UNHCR ee Soomaaliya oo kullan ku yeeshay magaalada Kismaayo, ayaa isku af-gartay in xariyaaraaddii saarneyd laga qaado in ka badan labo kun oo qaxooti ah kuwaas oo todobaadyadii la soo dhaafay ku xayirnaa Dhadhaab.
- Somalia: Maraykanku Sharraxaad ha ka bixiyo Duqeyntii Galmudug. September 29, 2016Dowladda Soomaaliya ayaa markii ugu horreysay si rasmi ah uga hadashay duqeyn ka dhacday gobolka Mudug oo maamulka Galmudug uu sheegay in lagu dilay askar badan.
- Galmudug oo Magdhow ka Dalbatay Mareykanka September 29, 2016Madaxweyne ku xigeeenka Galmudug Maxamed Xaashi Cabdi oo VOA wareysi siiyay ayaa sheegay inay dalbanayaan magdhow laga siiyo askar duqeyn lagu dilay.
- Maleeshiyo ka Tirsan Al-Shabaab oo Howlgal Lagu Dilay September 29, 2016Saddex ka mid ah maleeshiyada kooxda Al-Shabaab ayaa lagu dilay howlgal ay ciidamada sida gaarka ah u tababaran ee Soomaaliya oo ay wehliyaan ciidamo ajnabi ah ka fuliyeen deegaanka Gole-shumbi oo 60 km dhanka galbeed uga beegan magaalada Kismaayo.
- Laba Dumar ah oo ku Dhintay Qarax ka Dhacay Muqdisho September 29, 2016Inta la xaqiijiyay labo dumar ah ayaa maanta ku dhintay qarax ka dhacay Suuq ku yaalla Degmada Kaaraan ee magaalada Muqdisho.
- Syria: Russia oo Xabad Joojin 48 Saac ah Dooneysa September 29, 2016Russia ayaa maanta sheegtay inay taageereyso xabad joojin 48 saac ah oo ka dhaqan gasha magaalada ku taaalla waqooyiga Syria ee Xalab, balse aysan dooneyn xabad joojin intaas ka dheer oo Mareykanka uu soo jeediyey.
- Mareykanka oo ka Hadlay Duqeyntii Mudug September 29, 2016Afhayeen u hadlay waaxda gaashaandhigga Mareykanka, captain Jeff Davis, ayaa shir jaraa’id oo Arbacadii qabtay, waxa uu ka hadlay duqeymo ay ciidamada Mareykanku ka gaysteen qeybo ka mid ah gobollada Mudug iyo Jubbada Hoose.
- Barnaamijka Dhaqanka iyo Hiddaha Qeybta 337 September 28, 2016Qeybta 337-aad ee Barnaamijka Dhaqanka iyo Hiddaha ee idaacadda VOA Somali Waxaa soo jeedinaya qoraaga Axmed Faarax Cali Idaajaa ee dhageysi wanaagsan.
- Askar ka Tirsan Galmudug oo Duqeyn Lagu Dilay September 28, 2016Wararka ka imanaya gobolka Mudug ayaa sheegaya in duqayn ay gaysteen diyaarado aan haybtooda la garanayn ay xalay ka dhacday bariga gobolkaasi.
- Israel: Shimon Peres oo Geeriyooday September 28, 2016Ra’iisul wasaarihii hore ee Israel Shimon Peres oo adeegiisa dadweyne uu ka dheeraa jiritaanka Israel ayaa geeriyooday isaga oo 93 jir ah.
- Weriye Cabdilcasiis Xaaji oo Muqdisho Lagu Aasay September 28, 2016Allaha u naxariistee aaska weriye Cabdilcasiis Maxamed Cali Xaaji oo kooxo hubaysan ay xalay ku toogteen degmada Yaaqshid ee magaalada Muqdisho ayaa maanta ka dhacay Muqdisho.
- Duqeyn Lagu Dilay Saraakiil Ka Tirsan Al-Shabab September 28, 2016Warar aan ka helnay tuulada Kanjaroon oo u dhaw xadka Kenya ayaa sheegaya in duqeymo ay diyaaradaha dagaalka ee Mareykanka ka geysteen halkaasi ay ku dhinteen afar sarkaal oo ka tirsan kooxda Al Shabab.
- Michael Keating Oo Arrimaha Somalia Uga Warbixiyey QM September 28, 2016Wakiilka QM u qaabilsan Somalia Michael Keating ayaa shaley warbixin ka siiyey Golaha Amaanka ee Qaramada Midoobay xaaladihi ugu danbeeyey ee siyaasadda Soomaaliya.
- Weriye Lagu Dilay Magaalada Muqdisho September 27, 2016Magaalada Muqdisho waxaa lagu dilay suxufi ka tirsan idaacadda Shabelle, kaasoo lagu toogtay degmada Yaaqshid ee magaalada Muqdisho.
- UK oo ka Walaacsan Dib u Dhaca Doorashada Somalia September 27, 2016Dowladda Britain ayaa sheegtay inay aad uga walaacsantahay dib u dhaca ku yimid doorashada Soomaaliya islamarkaana ay beesha caalamku dooneyso inay ogaato sababaha dib u dhaca keenay.
- Fallanqeyn: Dooddii Hillary Clinton iyo Donald Trump September 27, 2016Dooddii ugu horreysey ee dhex marta musharaxiinta Madexweynaha Mareykanka Hillary Clinton iyo Donald Trump ayaa xaley lagu qabtey Jaamacad Hofstra ee gobolka New York.
- Sharmaarke oo Diiday Go'aanka Guddiga Doorashada September 27, 2016Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya Cumar Cabdi Cali Sharmaarke ayaa diiday go’aan kasoo baxay guddiga doorashada Soomaaliya oo ku saabsanaa qaabka soo xulista xildhibaanada ka imanaya gobollada Shabeellaha Dhexe iyo Hiiraan.
- Hakad ku Yimid Ganacsiga Suuqa Bakaaraha September 27, 2016Ganacsiga Suuqa ugu weyn magaalada Muqdisho ee Bakaaraha ayaa maanta gelinkii hore hakad galay, ka dib markii suuqa ay xireen ciidamada dowladda Somalia oo howlgallo dhinaca amaanka ah ka sameynayay.
- Fallanqeyn: Qaabka ay u Dhacayaan Doorashooyinka Somalia September 27, 2016Ilaa iyo14 kun oo ergo ayaa lagu wadaa inay soo xulaan xubnaha baarlamaanka Soomaaliya inta u dhexeysa 23-ka October Illaa 10-ka November ee sannadkan.
- WHO: Dunida Waxaa Halis ku Haya Hawo Wasaqeysan September 27, 2016In ka badan 90 boqolkiiba dadka dunida ayaa waxaa saameeya hawo wasaqeysan, taasi oo hoggaamisa dhibaatooyin caafimaad oo tira badan, sida lagu sheegay warbixin cusub oo kasoo baxday ururka caafimaadka adduunka ee WHO.
- Xayiraad Laga Qaadey Qaxooti Dhadhaab Ku Xannibnaa September 30, 2016
- Obama Delivers Eulogy at Peres Funeral September 30, 2016U.S. President Barack Obama delivered a eulogy at the funeral of the late Israeli leader Shimon Peres in which he called Peres one of the "giants of the 20th century," and likened him to other figures like Nelson Mandela and Britain's Queen Elizabeth. Obama said both the U.S. and Israel were "built by stubborn idealists and struggling imm […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- South China Sea, North Korea, Islamic State on ASEAN Agenda September 30, 2016As tensions have increased in the Asia-Pacific, U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter is in Hawaii to meet with 10 of his counterparts from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations - ASEAN. VOA’s Carla Babb lays out the areas of concern for the region.
- Four States Sue to Stop Obama Administration’s Internet 'Giveaway' September 30, 2016Attorneys general from four U.S. states have filed a lawsuit to stop the Obama administration from handing over control of the internet to an international governing body. The White House had planned to officially hand the reins of the internet address system over to a group of international stakeholders on October 1, but the states’ fears the move could be […]email@example.com (Joshua Fatzick)
- South Korea Moves US Anti-Missile System to Golf Course September 30, 2016South Korea has announced a new location for an advanced U.S. missile defense unit. The Defense Ministry said Friday it intends to place the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) on a golf course. Earlier this year, the U.S. and South Korea had agreed the THAAD battery would be located on a missile base in the rural county of Seongju, southeast of the […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Artist: Giant Air Purifier Aims to Raise Smog Awareness in China September 30, 2016A Dutch artist opened what he calls the world's largest air purifier in Beijing on Thursday, beginning the first leg of a China tour to raise awareness of environmental problems. The seven-meter-high (7.66-yard-high) Smog Free Tower, part of the Smog Free Project started by artist and innovator Daan Roosegaarde, creates a "bubble of clean air enabl […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Tokyo Olympics Plan Hits Roadblock Over Fish Market's Relocation September 30, 2016Tokyo won the 2020 Olympics on its reputation for efficiency, but a string of blunders has now been compounded by the city's new governor halting relocation of the world's largest fish market, jeopardizing a road needed for the Summer Games. Unless the road linking the Olympic village to the yet-to-be-built National Stadium is constructed in time, […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- Thailand Cracks Down on Migrant Workers as Anti-immigration Feelings Rise September 30, 2016Thailand is cracking down on migrant workers from neighboring countries, saying they are "stealing jobs from Thais," amid fears that anti-immigrant sentiment is rising as Southeast Asia's second-largest economy stagnates. In an operation led by the Thai labor department, police and troops on Wednesday raided a fresh produce market in Bangkok a […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- US Orders Families of Government Personnel to Leave Troubled DRC September 30, 2016The U.S. State Department has issued a travel warning for the Democratic Republic of Congo and has ordered families of government personnel stationed in the country to leave. The travel warning said "The potential for civil unrest is high in parts of Kinshasa and other major cities." Kinshasa in the DRC capital. "As a result of the deteriorati […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- South Korean Video Game Raises Awareness of Government Surveillance September 30, 2016Somi is an unlikely South Korean political activist who has developed a video game to increase public awareness of growing government surveillance. At the Busan Indie Connect (BIC), he wears a pair of large, black sunglasses with reflective lenses. Somi, a pseudonym, is well known among his peers at the conference for independent game makers in Busan, South […]email@example.com (Bruce Harrison)
- Duterte Invokes Hitler in Defense of Killing Drug Users, Pushers in Philippines September 30, 2016Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte linked himself to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler Friday, saying he would be “happy” to kill three million drug users and criminals as one say to "finish the problem." Duterte, who has asked the Senate for an extension on his war on drugs, previously said human rights investigations would not stop him from continuing t […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- NASA Mars 2020 Project Unites Scientists Worldwide September 30, 2016Space holds mysteries and challenges that continue to intrigue scientists. The Mars 2020 project of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has enlisted scientists from around the world to work on developing a new generation of the Mars rover. Armine Amiryan of VOA's Armenian service has more on the NASA program in this report narr […]
- Obama, Bill Clinton Join World Leaders at Peres' Funeral in Israel September 30, 2016U.S. President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton are joining political leaders, royalty and dignitaries from around the world attending Friday's funeral of longtime Israeli leader Shimon Peres. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas also is in Jerusalem to bid farewell to the Israeli statesman and Nobel Peace Prize winner. Peres died on Wednes […]
- US Lawmaker: Wells Fargo Misdeeds Give All Banks a Black Eye September 30, 2016U.S. lawmakers say the scandal involving phony accounts at Wells Fargo Bank is bound to hurt trust in the whole financial industry. Wells Fargo Chairman and CEO John Stumpf faced a new round of grilling this week during a congressional hearing looking into allegations that the bank cheated customers by creating millions of phantom savings and credit accounts […]
- Pondering Oil Prices and Alternatives September 30, 2016A recent agreement by OPEC members to limit oil production boosted oil prices for a while this week. The move followed two years of collapsing prices that hurt oil nations and companies. As VOA’s Jim Randle reports, an oil expert in Washington says, regardless of the cost of oil, the world’s biggest economy should push harder to find alternatives, especially […]
- Chechnya's Failed Independence Wars Ignored September 30, 2016In Chechnya, very little evidence remains of the two destructive wars Russia fought there from 1994 to 1996 and 1999 to 2009 to quash independence and Islamist movements. Meanwhile, the image of the man who launched the second war that helped bring him to power, Russian President Vladimir Putin, is plastered throughout the Chechen capital and a main thorough […]
- Carter: US-Philippines Military Relationship ‘Ironclad’ September 30, 2016Secretary of Defense Ash Carter said the United States-Philippines military relationship is “ironclad,” despite the Philippine president recently stating that U.S. special forces at Filipino bases should leave. Carter was speaking aboard the USS Carl Vinson at port in San Diego, California, before meeting defense ministers from the Philippines and nine other […]email@example.com (Carla Babb)
- Curtis Roosevelt, Oldest Grandson of Former President Franklin Roosevelt, Dies at 86 September 30, 2016Curtis Roosevelt, the oldest grandson of former President Franklin D. Roosevelt, has died at the age of 86. Roosevelt died Monday at his home in Saint-Bonnet-du-Gard, France, from an apparent heart attack, Michelle Slung, his literary executor, told the Washington Post on Thursday. The Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum also posted a brief […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Risk of Zika-Related Birth Defects 'Very Disturbing,' Official Says September 30, 2016The risk posed by the Zika virus to developing fetuses is likely far greater than current estimates suggest, a top U.S. health official said Thursday. Microcephaly, a rare birth defect in which babies develop abnormally small heads, is one of many Zika-associated problems increasingly being seen in children born to mothers infected during pregnancy with the […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- From Salesman to Forest Defender, Papua New Guinea Activist Wins US Award September 30, 2016An auto parts salesman from remote Papua New Guinea who became an anti-logging campaigner won a U.S. environmental award Thursday which he hoped would raise awareness about his country's environmental policies. Paul Pavol was awarded the fifth annual Alexander Soros Foundation Award for Environmental and Human Rights Activism for his work in the South P […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- Security Efforts, Dialogue Go Hand in Hand in C.A.R., UN Mission Says September 30, 2016Sporadic clashes between rebel groups in several villages in the Central African Republic are threatening the nation’s fragile peace process. Three weeks ago, about 30 people were killed in fighting in Kouango, about 160 kilometers east of the capital, Bangui, on the Ubangi River, regional MINUSCA spokesperson Vladimir Monteiro told VOA. Two more people were […]email@example.com (Salem Solomon)
- Obama Delivers Eulogy at Peres Funeral September 30, 2016
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Somalia asks US to explain strike that 'killed troops' - Aljazeera.com September 30, 2016Aljazeera.comSomalia asks US to explain strike that 'killed troops'Aljazeera.comSomalia's government has requested an explanation from the United States for an air raid that it says killed 22 soldiers and civilians in the north of the country. Officials in the semi-autonomous region of Galmudug said a US bombing killed members of ...Somalia sa […]
- Attacks on US troops in Somalia leads to airstrikes on al-Shabab - Military Times September 29, 2016Military TimesAttacks on US troops in Somalia leads to airstrikes on al-ShababMilitary Times26 near Kismayo, a port city in southern Somalia, where a small team of U.S. forces was conducting operations alongside a Somali military unit. They were targeting a bomb-manufacturing network linked al-Shabab, the al-Qaida affiliate in Somalia.
- Security Council Press Statement on Somalia (28 September 2016 ... - ReliefWeb September 29, 2016Security Council Press Statement on Somalia (28 September 2016 ...ReliefWebSC/12538-AFR/3461 The following Security Council press statement was issued today by Council President Gerard van Bohemen (New Zealand): On 27 ...altro »
- Somalia: Govt Demands Answers From White House On Troops Attack - AllAfrica.com September 30, 2016SomalilandPressSomalia: Govt Demands Answers From White House On Troops AttackAllAfrica.comFederal Government of Somalia has demanded US state department to provide answers on airstrike that killed over 20 troops on Wednesday. US airstrike allegedly targeted Somali National Army base near Southern Somali city of Galkacyo killing 20 and ...Somalia:FSG launche […]
- Tourists are heading to Somalia to see the ruins of a two-decade civil war - Quartz September 27, 2016QuartzTourists are heading to Somalia to see the ruins of a two-decade civil warQuartzFor a trip to the Puntland region in northeastern Somalia, Christian Matzenauer didn't know what to expect. After traveling from Dusseldorf, Germany to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia he flew to the Somali city of Bosaso in January, drove along the coast to ...altro »
- US launches 'self-defense strike' against Shabaab in southern ... - Long War Journal September 27, 2016US launches 'self-defense strike' against Shabaab in southern ...Long War JournalThe Obama administration and US military leaders continue to attempt to hide direct combat operations behind the mission of advising and assisting the.altro »
- Somalia's al-Shabaab release another prisoner video - Anadolu Agency September 29, 2016Anadolu AgencySomalia's al-Shabaab release another prisoner videoAnadolu AgencyIn the video, the man, who identifies himself as Leonard Maingi Kiiyo, says he belonged to the 9th Battalion of the African Union Mission In Somalia Peacekeeping Mission (AMISOM) and was captured on Jan. 15 during an attack on a Kenyan military base in ...Somalia should rethi […]
- Somalia gets a new face - Independent Online September 30, 2016Independent OnlineSomalia gets a new faceIndependent OnlineNews reporting is always shaped by a considerable amount of tension. How do you strike the balance between hooking the audience with the sensational while supplying sufficient detail and context for an informed understanding of the events being ...
- Somalia: Humanitarian Dashboard - August 2016 (issued on 29 September 2016) - Reliefweb September 29, 2016ReliefwebSomalia: Humanitarian Dashboard - August 2016 (issued on 29 September 2016)ReliefwebHumanitarian assistance continued across Somalia. In August, an estimated 348,500 people received food assistance, and 151,800 people were reached with activities aimed at building livelihoods, while 641,200 people received livelihood seasonal inputs ...
- Somalia: Bomb blast in Mogadishu kills 3, wounds 7 - Anadolu Agency - Anadolu Agency September 29, 2016Anadolu AgencySomalia: Bomb blast in Mogadishu kills 3, wounds 7 - Anadolu AgencyAnadolu AgencyAl-Shabaab claims responsibility for attack, as well as rockets fired at protected international Halane compound - Anadolu Agency.altro »
- Somalia asks US to explain strike that 'killed troops' - Aljazeera.com September 30, 2016
- 15 Years Behind Bars in Eritrea
- Kenya Is Abandoning Somali Refugees
- Provide Genuine Refuge to World’s Displaced
- Chad’s Ex-Dictator Convicted of Atrocities
- Q&A: The Case of Hissène Habré before the Extraordinary African Chambers in Senegal
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets
- Senegal: Dictator on Trial
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins
- Daniel Bekele
- Peter Bouckaert
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- US invests $50m in Niger drone base for counterterrorism September 30, 2016The US announces plans to build a military air base in Niger that will be capable of deploying drones, as part of anti-Islamist efforts.
- New data shows 'staggering' extent of great ape trade September 29, 2016A new database suggests a dramatic under-reporting of the live, illegal trade in great apes including orangutans, chimpanzees and gorilllas.
- Central African Republic militiamen ordered to vacate schools September 29, 2016Armed groups in the Central African Republic (CAR) are told to leave the schools they are occupying or face forceful eviction by UN troops.
- Somalia says US air strike killed civilians not al-Shabab September 29, 2016A Somali regional government official has demanded an explanation from the US after 22 civilians and Somali soldiers were allegedly killed in an airstrike.
- US sanctions allies of DR Congo's President Kabila September 29, 2016The US imposes sanctions on two top security officials allied to DR Congo's President Joseph Kabila, accusing them of suppressing the opposition.
- One in 10 children has 'Aids defence' September 29, 2016A 10th of children have a "monkey-like" immune system that stops them developing Aids, researchers say.
- No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency celebrates Botswana's 50th September 29, 2016To mark 50 years of Botswana's independence, Alexander McCall Smith writes an exclusive short story featuring his lady detectives.
- Lagos hawkers: Nuisance or necessity? September 29, 2016The authorities in Nigeria's main city of Lagos are cracking down on street hawkers, blaming them for traffic jams.
- Drones - good or bad for Africa? September 28, 2016Drone use is on the rise in Africa but regulators are unsure if they are a good or bad thing for the continent.
- What Afropunk says about identity September 27, 2016When Brooklyn's Afropunk music festival came to London it raised questions about black identity.
- Timbuktu vandal world's first cultural war criminal September 27, 2016An Islamist militant who destroyed shrines in Timbuktu is the first person to be sentenced for cultural war crimes.
- Timbuktu : The rescue of vital ancient manuscripts September 27, 2016Following a landmark trial at the International Criminal Court in the Hague, an Islamist militant will be sentenced on Tuesday for destroying cultural sites in Timbuktu.
- African Champions League: Egypt's Zamalek hope to have fans for final against Sundowns September 29, 2016Egypt's Zamalek want a capacity crowd to attend the second leg of the African Champions League final in Cairo, despite long-running security restrictions.
- Caf's Nyantakyi and Camara elected to Fifa council September 29, 2016Kwesi Nyantakyi and Almamy Kabele Camara are elected to represent Caf in two new seats on the Fifa Council.
- Alastair Leithead: Is Kenya building a new 'lunatic line'? September 28, 2016Kenyan plans to build a railway across a national park, but could it be a new version of the so-called "lunatic line" to nowhere, asks Alastair Leithhead.
- Didi Akinyelure: The six lives of Boko Haram's leader September 26, 2016Abubakar Shekau, leader of Islamist group Boko Haram has once more released a video to reject reports that he had been killed. He has been reported dead five times already.
- Oluwashina Okeleji: What is the secret of Nigerian powerlifters' success? September 19, 2016As Nigeria's Paralympians return from Rio victorious, BBC Sport's Oluwashina Okeleji asks what the faltering national football team could learn from them.
- Nesrine Abdelrahim: Video sparks Arabic v French war of words September 20, 2016A teacher in Algeria, where most people speak French, is disciplined after leading her class in a celebration of Arabic at the start of the new school year.
- Isa Sanusi: Can Buhari get Nigerians to queue again? September 14, 2016Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari recently launched a behaviour change campaign similar to his successful war against indiscipline in the 1980s. The BBC's Isa Sanusi asks if it will work.
- Africa's top shots: 16-22 September 2016 September 23, 2016A selection of the best photos from across Africa this week.
- US invests $50m in Niger drone base for counterterrorism September 30, 2016
- International Court Takes a Stand With Ruling on Destruction of Antiquities September 29, 2016
- Report Accuses Sudan of ‘Scorched Earth’ Tactics in Darfur September 29, 2016
- ‘Fees Must Fall’: Anatomy of the Student Protests in South Africa September 22, 2016
- U.N. Criticizes Congo for Response to Deadly Unrest September 22, 2016
- Memo From Maiduguri: Boko Haram Rages in Nigeria, but the World’s Eyes Are Elsewhere September 22, 2016
- Matter: A Single Migration From Africa Populated the World, Studies Find September 21, 2016
- Looming Transition Ignites Deadly Clashes in Congo September 21, 2016
- Burundi Killings Could Ignite Wider African Crisis, U.N. Report Warns September 20, 2016
- Kinshasa, Congo, Is Locked Down as Protests Erupt Against Joseph Kabila September 19, 2016
- Nigeria Describes 3 Failed Negotiations With Boko Haram on Kidnapped Girls September 16, 2016