SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Mo oo ku guulaystay 5000m August 29, 2015Mo ayaa ku guulaystay dahab 5,000m ee ciyaaraha orodada ee adduunka ee ka socda Beijing isagoo ku guulaystay 10,000m toddobaadkii hore.
- Wariyayaal Aljazeera oo la xukumay August 29, 2015Wariyayaasha Aljazeera ee Maxamed Fahmy, Peter Greste iyo Baher Maxamed ayaa maxkamad dalka Masar ku xukuntay saddex sanno oo xarig ah.
- Natiijooyinka horyaalka ee Sabtidan August 29, 2015Kooxaha Chelsea iyo Liverpool ayaa guryahooda looga badiyay kulamadii Sabtidan ay yeesheen.
- Turkiga oo ku biiray isbahaysiga Daacish August 29, 2015Turkiga ayaa markii ugu horaysay ka qaybgalay weerarada isbahaysiga ee looga soo horjeedo Daacish ee uu Maraykanka hogaaminayo.
- Dad lagu xiray Libya August 29, 2015Saddex qof oo looga shakisan yahay inay caawiyeen doon gadoontay ayaa lagu xiray Libya.
- Ciyaaraha Maanta August 29, 2015Maanta waxaa ciyaaraya siddeed kooxood oo ka tirsan horyaalka kubbadda cagta ee Ingiriiska.
- Yurub oo ka shiraysa ammaankeeda August 29, 2015Wasiirada arrimaha gudaha ee Yurub ayaa ku shiraya magaalada Paris si ay uga wadahadlaan sugidda ammaanka tareenada rakaabka.
- Ban Ki-moon: hala badbaadiyo muhaajiriinta August 28, 2015Qarammada Midoobay ayaa sheegtay in loo baahanyahay in sare loo qaado dadaalada lagaga hortagayo dhimashada dadka muhaajiriinta ah
- Daawo Bandhigga Buuggaagta Muqdisho August 28, 2015Bandhigga buggaagta Muqdisho, ayaa caawa la soo gababagabeeyay. Sadex maalmood oo uu socday. Qorayaasha waxaa ka mid ahaa wiil 16 jir.
- Soomaali u dalxiis tagtay dalka Senegal August 27, 2015Inkastoo Soomaaliya ay leedahay xeebta ugu dheer Afrika, haddana waxaa jira dad Soomaali ah oo waddamo kale u dalxiis tagaya. Waddamadaasi waxa ka mid ah dalka Senegal oo weriyaha BBC-da Macalimu uu kula kulmay nin Soomaali ah iyo xaaskiisa oo jarmal ah.
- Haweenka oo ka dhex muuqda Bandhigga Buugaagta Mudqisho August 27, 2015Dumarka leh hal abuurka ee qora buugaagta ayaa si weyn uga soo dhex muuqday bandhigga buugaagta ee magaalada Muqdisho.
- Sawirro buugaag lagu soo bandhigay Muqdisho August 26, 2015Magaalada Muqdisho, waxaa maanta lagu soo bandhigay buugaag ay qoreen dadka Soomaali ah oo lagu qoray luqado kala duwan.
- Daawo: Qaxootiga Yurub imanaya August 26, 2015Qaxooti badan ayaa imanaya jasiiradaha Gariiga iyagoo ka soo galaya Turkiga si ay ugu sii gudbaan waddamada kale ee Midowga Yurub.
- Suuqyada saamiyada ee Bariga Dhexe oo aad hoos ugu dhacay August 24, 2015Suuqyada Saamiyada ee Bariga Dhexe ayaa hoos aad ugu dhacay kaddib todobaad adag oo soo maray suuqyada saamiyada ee caalamka. Halkan ka dhageyso falanqeyn umuurtan ku saabsan.
- Maydadka Dhallinyaro laga helay gudaha Kenya August 23, 2015Meydadka saddex dhalinyaro ah oo jirdil ka muuqdo, lana rumeysan yahay in ay Soomaali yihiin, ayaa laga helay webiga Muranga ee mara bartamaha Kenya.
- Daawo: Buug biyaha fiiltareeya August 19, 2015Saynisyahanada Maraykanka ayaa soo saaray waraaqo buug laga dhigay oo biyaha filtareeya sidii loo isticaali lahaa ayaa waraaqaha ku qoran.
- Daawo: Sharciga cusub ee Masar ee argagixisada August 17, 2015Cid walba oo lagu helo dambi ah inay sameyneysay ama hoggaaminaysay koox argagixiso waxa ay mudan doontaa xukun dil ah ama xabsi daa'in.
- Caruurta laga tago dunida August 18, 2015Waalidiinta ka haajira caruurtooda dunida waxay gaarayaan malyuumaad. Waa dhibaato caalami ah, oo waalidiintu inta ay nolol wanaagsan raadinayaan ka taga caruurtooda.
- Xiisadda qaxootiga Yurub August 19, 2015Tirada muhaajiriinta ee xuduudaha Midowga Yurub oo gaaray tiradii ugu badneyd July, taasi oo ah 107,500.
- Nancy oo heshay abaalmarinta Komla August 17, 2015Weriye u dhalatay Uganda oo mar noqotay ganacsade, weriye Radio iyo Telefishin iyo soo jeediye barnaamij ah telefishin hadda ah, ayaa ku guulaysatay abaalmarinta BBC World News ee loogu magacdaray Komla Dumor.
- Mo oo ku guulaystay 5000m August 29, 2015
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia's silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year's Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Go’aanada shirka London oo la sii ogaaday (1)
- FAALLO: Ceelka Shidaalka ee Puntland;- Ma Hanti Qaran, mise Dhaxal-beeleed ? (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Former Somali PM elected regional state president (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Saxafiyiin ka Tirsan Jazeera oo la Xukumay August 29, 2015Maxkamad ku taalla dalka Masar ayaa xukun ku ridday saddex weriye oo u shaqaynayey telefiishanka Al-Jazeera, waxaana maxkamaddani ku heshay dembi ah inay taageero u fidinayeen ururka dalkaas laga mamnuucay ee Ikhwaanul Muslimiin.
- Barnaamijka Caweyska Washington August 29, 2015Barnaamijka caweyska waxaad ku dhageysan doontaan xubno door ah iyo wareysi faneed oo aan la yeelanay fanaanka Soomaliyeed Maxamed Xuseen Lafoole.
- Martida: Cabdinasir Maxamud Indha-Qarshe August 29, 2015Banraamijkeenna waxaa todobaadkan marti noogu ah Cabdinasi Maxamud Indha-Qarshe, taliyaha ciidamada ilaalinta deegaanka Xamar .
- Bar. Hambalyada iyo Heesaha August 29, 2015Ku soo dhowaada qayb kale oo xiiso leh oo ku saabsan barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha, waxana innala socodsiinaya Ismaaciil Xuseen Farjar iyo Caasho Cuud.
- Muhaajiriin ku Dhintay Xeebaha Libya August 28, 2015Dooni ay ka buuxeen dad muhaajiriin ah oo ka tagtay xeebaha Libya kuna socotay Talyaaniga ayaa quustay. Qiyaastii 200 oo qof aayaa laga cabsi qabaa inay ku dhinteen, iyadoo 200 kalena la soo badbaadiyay.
- Dooni ka Baxsatay Burcad-Badeedda August 28, 2015Doonidan oo laga lee yahay dalka Iran iyo16 badmaaxiin oo saarnaa ay ka baxsatay burcad-badeed Soomali ah oo afduub ahaan ugu haystay xeebta Ceel-Huur ee gobolkaas.
- Beelo Dhaliilsan Koonfur Galbeed August 28, 2015Qaar ka mid ah salaadiinta iyo aqoonyahanka beelaha dega Bay iyo Bakool oo saluugsan habka loo qeybsaday wasiirada maamulkaas ku jira iyo ergooyinka haatan soo xulaya baarlamanka ayaa ku shiray Nairobi.
- Dabeylo ku Dhuftay Ceelasha-Biyaha August 28, 2015Wararka ayaa sheegaya in qiyaastii 100 guri ay dabeylaha waxyeelo u geysteen. Qaar ka mid ah guryaha oo ay ku jiraan kuwa dhagxaan ah ayaa bur-buray.
- Austria: Meydadka 71 Muhaajiriin oo la Helay August 28, 2015Austria ayaa xaqiijiyey inay ka heleen meydadka 71 ruux oo muhaajiriin ahaa, oo ay ku jirto gabar yar gaari qaboojiye oo kuwa xamuulka qaada ah, kaas oo looga tagay xadka dalkaasi.
- Suuqyada Dhaqaalaha oo Dib Usoo Kabanaya August 28, 2015Suuqa saamiyada Japan ee Nikkei ayaa kusoo xirmay korar boqlkiiba saddex ah, halka kan Shanghai uu helay 4.8 boqolkiiba, maalin kadib markii uu kusoo xirmay shan boqlkiiba.
- Obama oo Ammaanay Dadka New Orleans August 28, 2015Madaxweynaha Mareykanka Barack Obama ayaa xalay khudbad u jeediyay dadka Magaalada New Orleans gobolka Lusiana, oo muddo haatan laga joogo 10 sanadood ay dufaan daadad waaweyn watada dhulka ku dartay.
- Bandhig Buugaag oo ka Socda Muqdisho August 27, 2015Magaalada Muqdisho waxaa maalintii labaad ka socda bandhigga caalamiga ah ee buugaagta, waana markii ugu horreysay ee muddo ka badan 25 sano Muqdisho lagu qabto.
- Hargeysa: Olole ka Dhan ah Qabyaalada August 27, 2015Furitaankii ololahan, ayaa waxaa ka soo qayb galay abwaano iyo masuuliyiin ka kala socday xukuumadda iyo baarlamanka oo uu hor kacayo gudoomiyaha golaha wakiilada Somaliland.
- Galmudug iyo Ahlu Sunna oo heshiiyey August 27, 2015Heshiiska ayaa waxaa kala saxiixday madaxweynaha Galmudug Cabdikariim Xuseen Guuleed iyo guddoomiyaha saddexda gole ee Ahlu-Sunna Sheekh Ibraahim Guureeye.
- Jenaraal Diin oo la Kulmay Sidqi Subxi August 27, 2015Wasiirada gaashaandhigga ee Soomaaliya iyo Masar ayaa ka hadlay arrimo ay ka mid yihiin xiriirka milatari ee Soomaaliya iyo Masar iyo iskaasho laga sameeyo la dagaalanka argagixisada.
- Dhalinyaro Somali ah oo Saxaraha ku Dhintay August 27, 2015Illaa afar dhalinyaro Soomaali ah ayaa ku dhintay toddobaadkan saxaraha u dhexeeya Suudaan iyo Masar, dhalinyaradan ayaa safar tahriib ah kaga baxay magaalada Kharduum iyaga oo beegsanayey inay gaadhaan magaalada Qaahira.
- Daacish oo Dishay oo Laba Janaraal oo Sare August 27, 2015Major General Abdul-Rahman Abu-Regheef, oo ah taliye ku xigeenka madaxa howlgalada Anbar, iyo General Safeen Abdul Maguid, oo ah madaxa cutubka tobanaad ee ciidamada Ciraq, ayaa la dilay.
- Austria: Meydadka 50 Muhaajiriin oo la Helay August 27, 2015Illaa 50 qof oo muhaajirin ah ayaa meydkooda laga heley gaari kuwa xamuulka qaada ah meel u dhow magaalada Parndofr ee Austria maanta oo Khamiis ah.
- Dagaal Dilay 15 Qof oo ka Dhacay Gedo August 26, 2015Xubnaha geeriyooday waxaa ku jira guddoomiye ku xigeenka Beledxaawo, taliyihii saldhigga booliiska Doolow Cabdi Howsar, sarkaalka oo sare iyo ciidamo kale.
- Madaxweyne Xasan oo Booqday Diinsoor August 26, 2015Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud ayaa maanta booqasho ku tagay magaalada Dinsoor ee Gobolka Bay oo dhowaan laga qabsaday ururka Al-Shabaab.
- Saxafiyiin ka Tirsan Jazeera oo la Xukumay August 29, 2015
- 38 Girls, Young Women Killed in Swaziland Crash August 29, 2015At least 38 girls and young women were killed in a crash while travelling to a famous traditional festival in Swaziland, a rights group said on Saturday. About 20 others were injured when the truck they were in collided with another vehicle on Friday, the Swaziland Solidarity Network said in a statement. The young women and girls were allegedly travelling o […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Africa 54 August 29, 2015Africa 54 provides special coverage of President Obama's trip to Kenya
- Eaton of US Breaks Decathlon Record in Beijing August 29, 2015Ashley Eaton of the United States broke his own record in the decathlon at the 2015 world championships in Beijing Saturday. Eaton, the Olympic champion in the event, finished with 9,045 points after running 4 minutes, 17.52 seconds in the 1,500 meters race, the last of the 10 decathlon events. He set the former record at the U.S. Olympic trials three year […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Rice in Islamabad for Talks With Sharif August 29, 2015The U.S. national security adviser, Susan Rice, has arrived in Islamabad on an unscheduled visit for talks with senior Pakistani government and military officials, Pakistani officials who asked not to be identified told VOA that Rice will meet with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Sunday. Rice's talks with Sharif and other Pakistani officials are expected […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Implementation of S. Sudan Peace Agreement Begins August 29, 2015The first phase of South Sudan’s peace agreement signed between the government and the rebels to end the 20-month conflict goes into effect Saturday. Ateny Wek Ateny, spokesman for President Salva Kiir, says the administration in Juba is committed to the full implementation of the accord despite reservations about the agreement. He says Mr. Kiir’s reservatio […]email@example.com (Peter Clottey)
- Turkish Jets Join US-led Coalition with Airstrikes Against IS August 29, 2015Turkish fighter jets have carried out their first airstrikes as part of the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State group in Syria, a Foreign Ministry statement said Saturday. The aircraft began attacking IS targets late Friday across the border in Syria that were deemed to be threats to Turkey. After months of delay, Turkey agreed last month to tak […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Boko Haram Members Get Death Sentences in Chad August 29, 2015Ten members of Boko Haram have been sentenced to death in Chad for crimes including murder and the use of explosives, Chad's prosecutor said. "The accused have recognized their guilt and accepted the sentence,'' Bruno Mahouli Louapambe said in a statement Friday, adding that the suspects would be shot. The suspects included Bahna Fana […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Obama: Alaskans Feel Signs of Climate Change August 29, 2015U.S. President Barack Obama says Alaskans — residents of the vast and remote northwestern state that lies partially in the Arctic Circle — are already feeling the effects of climate change, as he prepares for a three-day visit to the state starting Monday. Obama said in his weekly address Saturday that Alaskans are experiencing bigger storm surges as sea ice […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Police Officer Killed in Bahrain Blast, 7 Wounded August 29, 2015An explosion in Bahrain has killed one police officer and wounded seven other people, including a child. The Interior Ministry described the explosion as a "terrorist blast." The wounded include four police officers, plus a married couple and their child. The ministry said the incident happened late Friday in the predominantly Shi'ite village […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Malaysian Protesters Gather for Rally August 29, 2015Protesters are descending on Malaysia's capital for a two-day rally demanding the resignation of the prime minister who is facing serious fraud allegations. Bersih, the country's leading civil society, wants Najib Razak to resign, following revelations he received $700 million into his personal accounts from the government-owned 1MDB investment fun […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Bill Clinton to Attend Katrina Ceremony in New Orleans August 29, 2015Former U.S. President Bill Clinton is scheduled to visit the southern U.S. city of New Orleans Saturday to attend ceremonies marking the 10th anniversary of the landfall of Hurricane Katrina, which flooded 80 percent of the city and killed 1,800 people. Traditional New Orleans brass bands and church bells will mark the day when the extreme storm broke thro […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Thai Police Arrest Bombing Suspect August 29, 2015Police in Thailand arrested a suspect Saturday in connection with the bombing earlier this month that killed 20 people. The man, described as a foreigner, is being charged with possessing explosives and is in military custody, authorities told reporters. The suspect was also found with ball bearings, fuses, pipes and other bomb making materials, as well as a […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Herman)
- North Korea Agrees to Talks on Reunions August 29, 2015North Korea's Red Cross has agreed to working-level talks with its South Korean counterpart to discuss a resumption of reunions for Korean families separated by the Korean War six decades ago. On Tuesday, the two sides agreed to take a series of steps to ease tensions and promote exchanges, including the resumption of reunions of the separated families. […]
- Egypt Sentences Al Jazeera Reporters to 3 Years in Prison August 29, 2015An Egyptian court has found three Al Jazeera journalists guilty of supporting the banned Muslim Brotherhood and has sentenced them to three years in prison. The Cairo court announced the verdicts and the sentences of the retrial Saturday. "Today's verdict defied logic and common sense," said Mostefa Souag, Al Jazeera's media network […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- New Mexico Politician Charged With Misusing Campaign Funds August 29, 2015The Democratic attorney general in New Mexico charged the Republican secretary of state Friday with 64 criminal counts of allegedly diverting campaign contributions for her personal use. Attorney General Hector Balderas and Secretary of State Dianna Duran have been feuding for months over state campaign finance reports. Balderas’ office said charges against […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Supreme Court Can Prohibit Protesters on Front Plaza August 29, 2015Protesters do not have a right to demonstrate on the marble plaza in front of the U.S. Supreme Court, according to a U.S. appeals court. The federal appeals court in Washington says the Supreme Court, the setting for many cases involving free speech, can keep protesters from congregating on its plaza without violating the demonstrators' constitutional r […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Twitter Sets Goals for Increasing Workforce Diversity August 29, 2015Social media giant Twitter is setting modest goals to increase the number of female employees at the company from 34 percent to 35 percent by the end of next year. The company released the hiring targets Friday with data showing that Twitter, like most other major U.S. tech companies, employs primarily white and Asian men. The San Francisco company said it w […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Inter-Korean Deal Raises Hope for Separated Families August 29, 2015The recent agreement ending a military standoff between North and South Korea is raising hope for reunions of Korean families separated during the Korean War six decades ago. South Korea’s Unification Ministry said Friday that the South Korean Red Cross proposed talks with its North Korean counterpart early next month to discuss reunions. Early this week, t […]email@example.com (Eunjee Kim)
- Tropical Storm Erika Kills 20 in Dominica August 28, 2015Tropical Storm Erika has soaked the Caribbean island of Dominica, leaving 20 people dead. Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said Friday Erika brought "monumental destruction" to the tiny island (751 square kilometers) of nearly 75,000 people. "The visual damage I saw today, I fear, may have set our development process back by 20 yea […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Kurdish Fighters Seize Iraqi Territory From Islamic State August 28, 2015The Pentagon says Kurdish fighters have successfully cleared territory and freed villages in northern Iraq from Islamic State. The Kurdish forces, known as Peshmerga, were helped out by coalition airstrikes in seizing more than 200 square kilometers form the militants and clearing them out of seven villages since Wednesday. Video released Friday by the Penta […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- 38 Girls, Young Women Killed in Swaziland Crash August 29, 2015
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- AAN KU BARAARUGNO TALO XAMBAARSAN DANTA SOOMAALIYA
- Waxey qorsheeyeen hiigsi Qaran dumin ah………
- Xasanoow: Shalaad dhalateye waa la shubi jiray!
- Wararkii ugu dambeeyay ee Shirka IGAD ee Berri furmaya (SAWIRRO)
- Daawo Sawirada Sida Quruxda badan ee loo dhisay Masjidka Isbaheysiga Islaamka ee Magaalada Muqdisho
- What would democracy look like in Somalia? - Minnesota Public Radio News August 28, 2015Minnesota Public Radio NewsWhat would democracy look like in Somalia?Minnesota Public Radio NewsThis is a personal visit for him, not an official visit. - "Somalia, today, is somewhat of a success story" said Aynte compared to other African countries, Syria, and others. - "Somalia used to be the quintessential 'failed' state," s […]
- Somalia prepares army to take over country security - Horseed Media August 29, 2015Horseed MediaSomalia prepares army to take over country securityHorseed MediaAMISOM, which was established by the African Union's Peace and Security Council in January 2007, operates in Somalia's Southern territories, assisting the federal government in fight against the al-Qaeda-linked extremists, with over 20,000 troops ...In Somalia, After Merka […]
- Somalia: Egypt pledges 200 Scholarships to Somali students - Horseed Media August 29, 2015Horseed MediaSomalia: Egypt pledges 200 Scholarships to Somali studentsHorseed MediaEgypt has pledged to offer scholarships to 200 Somali students willing to study in Egyptian institutions, a Somali government Minister has revealed. Somalia's minister of Higher Education Khadra Bashir Ali made the announcement in the weekly-cabinet ...
- Latest from Iran - Press TV August 29, 2015Press TVLatest from IranPress TVThe UK's former Conservative Party leader, Michael Howard, faces bribery allegations in connection with a British oil firm operating in Somalia. A Somali government report, recently leaked to media, has raised new questions about bribery allegations ...Oil firm chaired by former Tory leader accused of bribing Somali offic […]
- Somalia: Iranian fishing vessel held by Somali Pirates escapes - Horseed Media August 29, 2015Horseed MediaSomalia: Iranian fishing vessel held by Somali Pirates escapesHorseed MediaAnother vessel, Siraj, captured together still remains under the control of the pirates in the waters close to Mudug's Ceel Huur village, South-central Somalia. One local resident told Horseed Media the vessel managed to escape and leave the area on ...
- Op-ed: Somalia National Human Rights Day an opportunity to enhance accountability - Amnesty International August 27, 2015Op-ed: Somalia National Human Rights Day an opportunity to enhance accountabilityAmnesty InternationalAs Somalia marks its National Human Rights day today, both the federal government and the international community should take the opportunity to effectively put human rights and accountability at the centre of the country's re-construction efforts and . […]
- Somalia to Ban Female Genital Mutilation - Voice of America August 27, 2015Voice of AmericaSomalia to Ban Female Genital MutilationVoice of AmericaMOGADISHU—. Hope at last for girls in Somalia as the government signals its intentions to ban female genital mutilation, a brutal practice girls in Somalia have been forced to undergo for years. If the new law is enacted, those found practicing the ...altro »
- In Somalia: Iranian ship and crew escape after 5 months in captivity off coast - Pulse Nigeria August 28, 2015Press TVIn Somalia: Iranian ship and crew escape after 5 months in captivity off coastPulse NigeriaJohn Steed, a regional manager for Oceans Beyond Piracy, said Jaber and its crew escaped in early hours of Thursday morning and were pursued by pirates who had been holding the ship close to the shore in Ceel Hur, in central Somalia. "It looks like the ... […]
- Face to Face With Somalia's Warriors From the North - AllAfrica.com August 28, 2015Face to Face With Somalia's Warriors From the NorthAllAfrica.comSo I decided to come here to Somalia. I don't know ... That's just what I did. I wanted to kill as many people as possible." The young Somali-Finnish Al-Shabaab fighter stares straight into the lens of the camera as he speaks. He wears a black and ...
- Impending clash as Ahlu Sunna disown representatives that signed deal with ... - somalicurrent August 28, 2015Impending clash as Ahlu Sunna disown representatives that signed deal with ...somalicurrentSenior members of the moderate Islamist group Ahlu Sunna Friday rubbished the deal entered into by Ahlu Sunna and Gamudug administration in the Central Somalia following weeks of negotiations. Led by their recently nominated president, Sheikh ...altro »
- What would democracy look like in Somalia? - Minnesota Public Radio News August 28, 2015
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins July 17, 2015
- Sénégal : Ouverture du procès de l'ex-dictateur du Tchad July 17, 2015
- Sous la dictature d’Hissène Habré, le ridicule tuait July 16, 2015
- What will China’s Black Monday mean for the UK? August 30, 2015As jittery investors brace for more shockwaves after last week’s rout on world markets, we look at the impact, from property to petrol pricesThis was supposed to be the year when normality returned to the global economic landscape. Growth was looking more established and the legacy of the financial crisis was dimming. The US central bank and the Bank of Engl […]Katie Allen
- EU countries to increase identity checks following thwarted France train attack August 29, 2015Bernard Cazeneuve, French interior minister, calls for better coordination on intelligence and security across Europe’s border-free travel zoneEuropean countries will increase identity checks and baggage controls on trains after American passengers thwarted an attack on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris, France’s interior minister has said.Bernard C […]Associated Press
- Video appears to show man with hands up before Texas officers shoot him dead August 29, 2015Sheriff’s office says deputies tried to subdue man through non-lethal meansVideo raises concern but review must be allowed to run its course, says sheriff Related: 'I dream about it every night': what happens to Americans who film police violence? A local news channel in Texas has released video footage that appears to show a man raising his hands […]Amanda Holpuch in New York
- New Orleans reflects on lessons of hurricane Katrina, 10 years on August 29, 2015Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and Mayor Mitch Landrieu take part in wreath-laying ceremony as city prepares for Bill Clinton’s visitSaturday marked 10 years to the day since hurricane Katrina made landfall in New Orleans. Eighty percent of the city was flooded as the storm devastated the Gulf Coast in August 2005. Related: What Katrina left behind: New Orl […]Amanda Holpuch in New York
- Police obtain search warrant after sheriff's deputy shot dead in Houston August 29, 2015Darren Goforth, 47, shot repeatedly while in uniform, filling car at gas stationPolice speak with person who has information on shootingThe search for the suspect in the death of a uniformed sheriff’s deputy who was shot several times while filling up his patrol car at a suburban Houston gas station continued Saturday, authorities said.Deputy Darren Goforth, […]Associated Press in Houston
- Something rotten in the state as Beirut’s protesters lose their cool at government August 29, 2015The rubbish collectors are refusing to work and the garbage is piling up, but critics say the stench extends far beyond the streetsHussein Yousef’s tanned face betrayed little emotion, but his eyes were pained as he leaned on the concrete barriers in central Beirut’s Riad al-Solh square.The last time he saw his son, Mohammad, a Lebanese army soldier, was in […]Kareem Shaheen
- Palin on Trump: you've got guts for 'necessary confrontation' - video August 29, 2015Sarah Palin, US politician and political commentator, interviews the Republican presidential candidate frontrunner, Donald Trump, on Friday. Palin conducted the interview as a guest host on the One America News Network, speaking to Trump via video feed from New York. Palin asks Trump where he gets his guts for ‘necessary confrontation?’, in reference to an i […]Guardian Staff
- Horror, live for all to see: another week in American gun violence August 29, 2015A gunman killed two journalists on live TV and a 14-year-old boy held 29 classmates and a teacher hostage – and those were just the incidents everyone saw. When 88 people are shot to death each day, campaigners demand to know just what it will take for meaningful gun control reform to passIt was every parent’s worst nightmare. A 14-year-old boy, armed with a […]Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington
- Three children critical after being rescued from lorry in Austria August 29, 2015Truck containing 26 people from Syria, Afghanistan and Bangladesh was stopped in town of St Peter-am-Hart close to German borderThree young children have been found in critical condition caused by dehydration after police in Austria stopped a truck with 26 people inside. The lorry, believed to contain migrants from Syria, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, was stop […]Reuters
- New Mexico attorney general charges secretary of state with embezzlement August 29, 2015Democrat Hector Balderas takes action against Republican Dianna DuranSecretary of state accused of funneling campaign funds into personal accountsNew Mexico’s Democratic attorney general on Friday charged Republican secretary of state Dianna Duran with embezzlement, fraud, money laundering and campaign finance violations, further widening a rift between the […]Associated Press in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Tropical storm Erika weakens as it showers Haiti with heavy rains August 29, 2015Dominica PM says country needs to ‘rebuild’ after storm killed 20Florida governor to give update on potential impact on state SaturdayTropical Storm Erika was losing strength as it hit Haiti with heavy rains and strong winds on Saturday, the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said. Related: Tropical storm Erika leaves at least 20 dead in Caribbean Continue r […]Agencies in Miami
- Houston sheriff's deputy fatally shot at gas station - video report August 29, 2015Police are investigating after an on-duty sheriff’s deputy was shot dead in an ambush at a gas station near Houston on Friday night. Deputy Darren H. Goforth was in uniform and filling up his car with gas when the gunman approached from behind and fired several shots, says the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. Goforth was 47-years-old and had worked as a polic […]Guardian Staff
- Bank holiday getaway hampered by road congestion, rail disruption and rain August 29, 2015Heavy traffic reported on M6 north of Birmingham, M4 in Wales and M5 in Somerset, as well as parts of M11, M25 and M27Britons setting off on bank holiday getaways have had their journeys marred by traffic, train delays and rain. Congestion on several major routes has slowed drivers escaping to Wales, the West Country and the north as queues formed on motorwa […]Press Association
- Virginia shooting: injured woman says she did not see gunman before he fired August 29, 2015Chamber of commerce official Vicki Gardner said camera light blinded herGardner expected to remain in intensive care until at least MondayThe chamber of commerce official who was answering questions about her community on live TV in Virginia on Wednesday when gunfire erupted has said she never saw the gunman walk up to the group. Related: Horror, live for al […]Associated Press in Roanoke, Virginia
- 'Second Avenue Sinatra' ironworker found dead in apparent suicide August 29, 2015Gary Russo appeared on TV after singing at New York subway construction siteHe had been missing since 28 July and was found in a parkA karaoke-loving ironworker who briefly became a New York sensation for his serenades from a subway construction site has been found dead after apparently killing himself, a month after he disappeared from his Queens neighborho […]Associated Press in New York
- Julian Assange 'told Edward Snowden not seek asylum in Latin America' August 29, 2015WikiLeaks founder says he told the NSA whistleblower he could be kidnapped or killed, and that he was better off sheltering in Russia despite ‘negative PR’Julian Assange has said he advised the NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden against seeking asylum in Latin America because he could have been kidnapped and possibly killed there.The WikiLeaks editor-in-chief […]Damien Gayle and agencies
- Al-Jazeera says journalists’ sentence represents ‘dark day for Egyptian judiciary’ - video August 29, 2015The acting managing director of al-Jazeera English says on Saturday that he is shocked, sickened and appalled after a judge in Cairo sentenced three of the broadcaster’s journalists to three years in prison. Giles Trendle, speaking at the news network’s headquarters in the Qatari capital, Doha, calls the ruling ‘a dark day for the Egyptian judiciary’ and say […]Guardian Staff
- Syrians fleeing war find new route to Europe – via the Arctic Circle August 29, 2015Dozens of Syrian migrants have trekked to the far north of Russia this year in an unlikely bid to reach a little-known Arctic border crossing with NorwayThey tried the shores of Libya, the islands of Greece, and the plains of the Balkans. Now it has emerged that Syrians fleeing civil war have found another route to the safety of Europe: the Arctic Circle. Do […]Patrick Kingsley Migration correspondent
- Hungarian police make arrests over lorry containing 71 bodies August 29, 2015Four men arrested in connection with the discovery of a lorry dumped in Austria in which 71 people perishedThe driver of a lorry dumped by the side of a road in Austria with the bodies of 71 people inside has been arrested, Hungarian police said on Friday, amid indications that those trapped in the vehicle including four children had suffocated to death.The […]Luke Harding, Daniel Nolan in Budapest and agencies
- Revealed: Pinochet’s torture ship now flies the flag for Chile around the world August 29, 2015As the 400ft, four-masted La Esmeralda moors at Greenwich for a Tall Ships festival, its blood-stained past proves impossible to leave behindTo the tens of thousands of people flocking to east London this weekend for the Tall Ships festival, La Esmeralda is just another magnificent ship to admire among the many moored around Canary Wharf.Almost 400ft long, t […]Jamie Doward
- What will China’s Black Monday mean for the UK? August 30, 2015
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- Nigeria warns of airport attack August 29, 2015Nigeria's intelligence agency warns of a possible attack on Abuja's airport after disrupting what it said was a Boko Haram spying network.
- Swazi crash kills reed-dance women August 29, 2015Nearly 40 girls and young women are reported to have been killed in a road crash in Swaziland while travelling to a famous traditional festival.
- Egypt jails al-Jazeera journalists August 29, 2015Three al-Jazeera journalists convicted in Egypt of "spreading false news" are sentenced to three years in prison at their retrial in Cairo.
- French reporters 'blackmailed king' August 29, 2015Two French reporters have been arrested and accused of attempting to blackmail the king of Morocco, lawyers say.
- Sanctions threat over S Sudan truce August 28, 2015The UN warns warring sides in South Sudan they face an arms embargo and sanctions if they do not honour a truce due to come into force on Saturday.
- Ghana universities 'targeted by IS' August 28, 2015Ghana's authorities are investigating several universities over links to suspected recruitment for the so-called Islamic State (IS), officials say.
- Libya searches for more bodies August 28, 2015Libyan workers continue to search for bodies at sea and on the shore after two migrant vessels capsized off Libya on Thursday, with 200 feared drowned.
- VIDEO: Inside a Kenyan speciality tea factory August 27, 2015Lerato Mbele visits a tea farm to find out why Kenya is the world's largest exporter of the beverage.
- VIDEO: South Sudan's war economy August 27, 2015South Sudan has what many business people describe as a "war economy" as they battle to keep their companies afloat as a result of the brutal civil war.
- VIDEO: Hundreds feared dead off Libyan coast August 28, 2015More than 200 people are feared dead after two boats carrying around 500 migrants capsized near the Libyan port of Zuwara.
- VIDEO: Slowing China affects Africa August 28, 2015Slowing growth in China has seen stock markets in turmoil and underlined the recent plunge in commodity prices - a key concern in many African economies.
- VIDEO: Daughter 'gives Tutu hugs from well-wishers' August 27, 2015Archbishop Desmond Tutu's daughter Canon Mpho Tutu speaks about her father's health, saying she passes on hugs and kisses from well-wishers.
- VIDEO: Celebrating books in Mogadishu August 27, 2015Somalia is holding its first international literary festival in the capital Mogadishu.
- VIDEO: Mourning the migrants lost at sea August 27, 2015Many migrants trying to reach Europe come from war zones in the Middle East, but a great number are also trying to escape poverty and turmoil in Africa.
- VIDEO: Peace deal signed by South Sudan president August 27, 2015South Sudan's President Salva Kiir signs a peace deal in the country's capital, Juba, ending a 20-month conflict with rebels.
- Why Kenyans enjoyed the political blackout March 12, 2015Enjoying Kenya's political TV blackout
- Nigeria's 'brown envelope' journalism March 5, 2015Shining a light on Nigeria's "brown envelope" journalism
- Is Bitcoin Africa's unlikely saviour? March 10, 2015Could Bitcoin be Africa's migrant workers' saviour?
- Malawi's expensive phone habit February 20, 2015The country with the world's most expensive mobile phone charges
- VIDEO: Political dynasties: Good or bad? March 6, 2015Satirist asks if political dynasties can be a good thing
- Nigeria warns of airport attack August 29, 2015
- U.N. Official to Visit Central African Republic Amid Scrutiny Over Peacekeepers August 28, 2015
- Rights Groups Stirring Over Sudan President’s Travels August 28, 2015
- U.N. Says Aid Increase Would Cut Migration August 27, 2015
- Salva Kiir, South Sudan’s President, Signs Peace Deal With Rebels August 26, 2015
- Vulture Populations Wane, Poisoned by Man August 26, 2015
- The Ethicists: Can I Wear Jewelry If I Don’t Support Its Origins? August 26, 2015
- U.N. Report Details Flow of Foreign Weapons Into South Sudan August 26, 2015
- World Briefing: Morocco: 14 Arrested in Joint Antiterrorism Raids August 26, 2015
- Safari Guide Killed in Zimbabwe Park That Was Home to Cecil the Lion August 25, 2015
- World Briefing: South Africa: Pistorius Meant to Shoot His Girlfriend, Her Parents Assert August 25, 2015