SOOMAALIDA DALKA WAA LALA HOGGAAMIN DOONA THE NEW SOMALIA ROADMAP
DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State??
“RESPECT ISLAMIC VALUES”
NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU XAL UMA AHAN DHIBAATADA SOOMAALIDA
AFARTANGUURADII HIRGELINTA FAR SOOMAALIDA (1972 -2012)
R/wasaare Gaas Oo Dalbaday $10-Billion
Puntland :Shalay weey Orad xumeed maanta weey aragti xuntahay
Chatham House: British Government Consultation on Somalia
JUSTICE IN SOMALIA
HE WAS MURDERED ON 9 JULY 1989 IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
Qaramada Midoobay go’aamisay in Hargeysa iyo Garowe laga Maamulo Muqdisho
5 kamid ah Madaxda Sare ee DFKMG ay saxiixeen Badda Soomaaliya…
London Conference on Somalia: Building Momentum
Shirka London oo ey isku hirdinayaan Dowladda Talyaaniga iyo Ingiriiska
PROF: CABDI ISMAACIIL SAMATAR (QUDBAD TAARIIKHI AH
DEMYSTIFYING BAADIYOW, A RESPONSE BY ABDULLAZIZ HAGI M. HUSSEIN
FAALO: Others (NUS 0.5) mar waliba “xaq ma ahan ee waa xal” maku imaan karaa xalka Soomaaliya
QABIIL QARAN MA DHISO
S.Y.L 15 MAY 1943
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
World Report 2012: Somalia
Ethiopia: Future of last remaining human rights monitoring NGO in the balance
World Report 2012: Ethiopia
World Report 2012: Eritrea
World Report 2012
- Dawladda Gambia 'oo la' 11 milyan oo doolar' ka dib markii uu Jameh dalka isaga baxay January 23, 2017In kabadan 11 milyan oo doolaar oo dawladda Gambia leedahay ayaa la la'yahay ka dib markii uu dalkaas isaga baxay madaxwaynihii muddada dheer xilka hayay Yahya Jammeh, sida uu sheegay lataliyaha madaxwayne Adama Barrow.
- Holland: Dadka aan jeclayn dhaqankeena haka guuraan waddanka January 23, 2017Ra'iisalwasaaraha Holland ayaa sheegay in dadka aan jeclayn inay ku noolaadaan Holland ay ka tagaan waddanka, waraysi uu siiyay wargays dalka Holland ayuu u sheegay inay tahay wax lala yaabo in dadka qaar ay diideen inay dumarka salaamaan.
- Madaxweynayaasha Mareykanka maxay qabtaan markay xafiiska baneeyaan? January 23, 2017Iyadoo Obama uu ka fiirsanayo tallaabada xigta ee uu qaadi lahaa, ayaa waxaa la isweydiin karaa maxaa cashar ah oo uu ka baran karaa madaxweynayaashii isaga ka horreeyay iyo waxyaabihii ay qabteen marka ay xilka wareejiyeen.
- Tirada caruurta ku dhalaneysa Shiinaha oo aad sare ugu kacday January 23, 2017In kaa baadan 18 milyan oo cunug ayaa sanadkii la soo dhaafay Shiinaha ku dhalatay ka dib markii la badalay sharcigii ahaa in hal cunug ka badan aan la dhalin karin.
- Xal u raadinta Suuriya oo dib uga billaabanaysa Kazakhstan January 23, 2017Wadahadallo cusub oo looga golleeyhay xalinta dhibaatada Suuriya ayaa la filayaa in ay maanta ka billawdaan caasimadda dalka Kazakhstan ee Astana.
- Ugu yaraan 18 ruux ayaa dabaylo xoog badan ugu dhintay Georgia iyo Mississippi January 23, 2017Duufaan xoog badan ayaa Koonfurta dalka Maraykanka ku dishay ugu yaraan 18 ruux kuna dhaawacday tiro intaa ka badan, sida ay sheegeen shaqaalaha gurmadka degdega ah.
- Bangi ku yaalla magaalada Mandheera oo la weeraray January 23, 2017Weerar lagu qaaday Bangi ku yaalla magaalada Mandheera ee gobolka wawoyi bari ee dalka Kenya ayaa lagu dilay hal ruux.
- Samsung: Baytariga ayaa keenay gubashada taleefanka Galaxy Note 7 January 23, 2017Shirkadda Samsung oo baaritaan ku samaysay sababta uu la kululaanayay ama la gubanayay taleefoonkeeda Galaxy Note 7 ayaa ogaatay in mushkiladdaasi ay ka imanaysay cilad gashay baytariga.
- Israa'iil oo 560 guri ka dhiseyso dhulka ay xoogga uga haysato Falastiin January 22, 2017Maamulka Israa'iil ayaa fasaxay in 560 guri oo cusub laga dhiso dhulka ay xoogga ku haystaan ee bariga Qudus.
- Saxaafadda Mareykanka oo si caro leh uga jawaabtay eeda Trump January 22, 2017Madaxweynaha Mareykanka ayaa sheegay in warbaahinta aysan "daacad ahayn" ka dib markii ay baahiyeen tirada dadka ka qeybgalay munaasabadii dhaarintiisa
- Xildhibaan Cabdi Xaashi oo loo doortay gudoomiyaha Aqalka Sare January 22, 2017Xildhibaan Cabdi xaashi Cabdullaahi ayaa ku guuleystay doorashada gudoomiyaha Aqalka sare ee Soomaaliya.
- Ugu yaraan 36 ku dhimatay shil tareen oo Hindiya ka dhacay January 22, 2017Kooxaha samata bixinta ee Andhra Pradesh ayaa isku deyaya inay soo saaraan dadka ku jira tareenka hoostiisa ka dib markii sagaalka qeyb ee Tareenka ay isku dul dheceen.
- Ra'iisul Wasaaraha Mauritius oo wiilkiisa talada dalka ku wareejinaaya January 22, 2017Ra'iisul wasaaraha dalka Mauritius, Anerood Jugnauth, oo 86 sano jir ah ayaa sheegay inuu xilka ka degidoono si qof dhallinyaro ah oo ah wiilkiisa Pravind uu u qabto.
- Duqeyn in ka badan "100 dagaalyahan" looga dilay Al-Qacidada Suuriya January 21, 2017Duqeyn uu fuliyay Mareykankaa oo lala eegtay xero Al-Qacida leedahay oo ku taalla Suuriya ayaa la sheegay in lagu dilay 100 qof.
- Madaxweynihii hore ee Gambia Yaxya Jammeh oo gaaray dalka Equatorial Guinea January 22, 2017Madaxweynihii hore ee Gambia ayaa gaaray dalka Equatorial Guinea ka dib markuu isaga baxay dalkaas, si shaqada uu ula wareego madaxweynaha cusub.
- Laba qof oo isku qarxiyay magaalada Jiddah, Sucuudiga January 21, 2017Warbaahinta Sucuudiga ayaa sheegaya in laba qof ay isku qarxiyeen magaalada Jiddah.
- Heshiiska siyaasadeed ee Gambia oo la amaanay January 21, 2017Madaxweynaha dalka Muritaaniya, Maxamed Ould Cabdulcasiis, ayaa amaanay heshiiska laga gaaray qalalaasaha gambia.
- Donald Trump oo shaqada ku bilaabay saxiixa amarkii ugu horeeyay January 21, 2017Donald Trump ayaa bartilmaameedsaday ceymiska caafimaadkaa ee Obamacare. Wuxuu sidoo kale dhaariyay saraakiisha ugu sareysa dhanka amniga, intuu ku jiray saacadihii ugu horeeyay ee madaxtinimadiisa.
- Xarumo ganacsi oo ku yaallaa suuqa Bakaaraha oo gubanaya January 21, 2017Wararka ka imaanaya magaalada Muqdisho ayaa sheegaya inuu dab ka kacay qeyb ka mid ah suuqa weyn ee Bakaaraha.
- Suuq ku yaalla Pakistan oo la qarxiyay ayaa lagu dilay 20 qof January 21, 2017Diyaaradaha ciidamada ayaa billaabay inay dadka dhaawaca ah daadgureeyaan ka dib markii talibaan ay qarxisay suuq qudaarta lagu iibiyo oo ku yaalla Parachinar, ee dalka Pakistan.
- Dawladda Gambia 'oo la' 11 milyan oo doolar' ka dib markii uu Jameh dalka isaga baxay January 23, 2017
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013This week, as part the UK’s Presidency of the G8, Foreign Ministers will meet to discuss the need to encourage the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) to re-engage in Somalia. The G8 countries are some of the largest shareholders in both the World Bank and the IMF. As a result, the UK is using its Presidency […]Matt Baugh
- Opportunity, partnership and commitment. March 18, 2013Last Thursday, the Federal Government of Somalia, together with the UK, hosted the latest meeting with a number of key international partners in Mogadishu. The location was significant. This was the first time such a meeting had been held in Mogadishu since the Federal Government came to power last year. It was a real demonstration […]Matt Baugh
- Giving voice to Somalia’s silent majority March 14, 2013International Women’s Day is a global opportunity to celebrate and promote the rights of women. It is a chance for all of us, men and women, to unite under a single, common aim – gender equality. This is particularly pertinent in Somalia. Everyone in Somalia has suffered from decades of often unrelenting conflict. But Somalia’s […]Matt Baugh
- From the Olympic village to Somalia – FCO women’s stories March 6, 2013In the lead up to International Women’s Day on Friday, we are featuring the stories of women who work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as guest posts across the FCO bloggers’ network. Jane Stevens and Tracey McLelland are a successful job sharing duo who are part of the communications team working on the upcoming […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: A New Year’s Resolution – Together into 2013 January 9, 2013A year ago, few predicted that Somalia would see such significant changes; yet 2012 saw some real progress in Somalia – including the end of the Transition; a new Parliament (with a significant number of new MPs); the election of a new, reform-minded Speaker and President and a desire for a different type of politics. […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Breaking The Silence On Sexual Violence November 27, 2012Earlier this year, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague MP, announced a new initiative to prevent sexual violence against women. It aims to strengthen international efforts and coordination to prevent and respond to sexual violence, to erode the existing culture of impunity, to increase the number of perpetrators brought to justice and to support stat […]Matt Baugh
- Politics, partnership and patience. November 20, 2012So the final piece of the post-Transition jigsaw has finally fallen into place. Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon’s 10-person Council of Minister is now approved – overwhelmingly – by Parliament and with it, the final act of a two-month process to find Somalia’s new leaders. Put before Parliament last week, their near-unanimous approval of the […] […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: stepping into the future September 11, 2012Yesterday, Somalia marked a major milestone in its recent history. After two decades of civil war, and a year after the Roadmap was agreed, the Transitional Period finally concluded with the election by MPs of new President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud. This was the first such election inside Somalia for many years and came just weeks after […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia: Taking Stock of the Transition August 22, 2012On Monday, Somalia marked a significant milestone in its history. Twenty years after the country fell into conflict, a new Federal Parliament was inaugurated – paving the way to end the Transition in the next few days, and opening the first legislature to be formed inside Somalia since 1991. This is a huge achievement, both for the […]Matt Baugh
- Celebrating Somali Olympic heroes August 2, 2012The following is a guest blog by Fionna Gibb, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Office for Somalia. As Ambassador Matt Baugh is on leave, last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting the British Office for Somalia’s reception in Mogadishu to celebrate the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. As the sun set […]Matt Baugh
- Somalia and the G8: Push to start April 10, 2013
Calanside Chief Qaali
“NON PAPER” TO END THE SOMALI TRANSITION
Farole: TFG Uma Madaxbanaana
IN RESPONSE TO THE “LETTER TO THE DIASPORA” BY THE PRIME MINISTER
No Place for Children
- Moment Green MediaWar deg deg ah: PUNTLAND OO si cad uga soo horjeesatey Doorashadii KHAATUMO ay ku doorteen Cali KHAL
- CalankaSomaliaMadaxda Khaatumo oo u jawaabey madaxweyne Faroole Madaxda maamulka Khaatumo ayaa maanta shir jaraa’i
- CalankaSomaliaSomali government appoints new administration for Hiiraan region Sunday, March 11, 2012 Somalia’s pr
- CalankaSomaliaDalka Uu Siiyay Madaxweyne Faroole (Moment Media Group) Muqdisho Sunday, March 11th, 2012 (Moment Me
- CalankaSomaliaC/raxmaan Faroole oo sheegay in DKMG Somalia aaney Puntland la’aanteed wada hadal la geli karin maam
- CalankaSomaliaWiilka Madaxweynaha Punland oo dubay qarash badan ugu soo diray qurba jooga ku nool wadamada Yurub s
- CalankaSomaliaMalez Zanawi:Ciidamada Amisom Aduun lacageed lasiiyaa Muqdisho masoo dhaafin Ayadoo gudaha adalka So
- CalankaSomaliaMidowga Yurub oo kordhiyay mudada uu soconayo howlgalka la dagaalanka burcadbadeedda Soomaaliya Isni
- Xildhibaano garaayo 320 xildhibaan oo xilkana ka qadaay Gudoomiyihii hore ee Barlamaanka Shariif Xasan oo doonayo in xubinimda Igad Soomaaliya ka baxdo (3)
- DOOD FURAN: Aqoonsiga Khaatumo State?? (2)
- Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya oo Rome kulan kula qaatay Jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed, booqashana ku tegey Xafiisyada Safaarada (1)
- War Murtiyeedka Shirka London oo Hordhac ahaan loo Heley (1)
- Shirkii IGAAD oo soo dhamaday iyo qodobo ka soo baxay (Daawo soo dhoweynta Madaxweyne Shariif) (1)
- Hillary Clinton oo ka hadashay midnimada Somaliya (1)
- Xuska Mowliidka Nabiga CSW oo si weyn loogu diyaar garoobayo magaalada Muqdisho iyo gobolada dalka (1)
- Shir Jaraaid oo ay Qabteen Maamulka khaatumo stat of Somalia (1)
- Ingiriiska iyo Holland oo ku heshiiyay in la ballaariyo la dagaalanka burcad badeeda Soomaaliya (1)
- DAAWO VEDIO: Khudbadii Gudoomiyaha Cusub ee Gobolka Hiiraan C/Fataax X. Afrax oo Maanta lagu Magacaabay Wareegtada Madaxweynaha DKMG ah (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (18)
- July 2012 (15)
- June 2012 (19)
- May 2012 (9)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (53)
- February 2012 (66)
- January 2012 (42)
- Al-Shabaab oo Weerar ku Qaaday Afgooye January 23, 2017Maleeshiyada ururka Al-Shabaab ayaa weerar xooggan kusoo qaaday magaalada Afgooye ee Shabeellada Hoose. Waa weerarkii labaad ee Al-Shabaab ay bishan gudaheeda kusoo qaado magaaladaas.
- Weerar lagu Qaaday Banki ku Yaalla Mandheera January 23, 2017Wararka ka imaanaya gobolka Waqooyi Bari ee dalka Kenya ayaa sheegaya in xalay weerar lagu qaaday Banki ku yaalla magaalada Mandheera.
- Daroogo 500 oo KG ah oo lagu Gubay Jabuuti January 23, 2017Xukumadda Djibouti ayaa maanta soo bandhigtay shixnad daroogada nooca Kokeynka loo yaqaan ah oo lagu qiyaasay inay ku kaceyso boqol milyan oo dollar.
- Maxay Tahay Shaqada Labada Aqal ee Baarlamanka? January 23, 2017Magaalada Muqdisho ee caasimadda Soomaaliya waxaa shalay lagu doortay gudoomiyaha Aqalka Sare iyo labadiisa ku xigeen, waxaana tallaabadaas soo dhoweeyey xubnaha beesha caalamka. Waxaa la filayaa in dhoraashadan ay xigi doonto tan madaxweynaha Soomaaliya oo muddo laga dhursugayey, islamarkaana marar badan dib u dhac uu ku yimid. Si kastaba, dad badan ayaan f […]
- Madaxweyne Trump oo Maxkamad Lala Korayo January 23, 2017Donald Trump ayaa madaxweyne ah kaliya maalmo kooban, hase yeeshee koox isha ku haysa anshaxa ayaa diyaar u ah inay diiwaan geliso dacwad ka dhan ah, ayada oo tuhmeysa inuu jebiyey qodob ka mid ah dastuurka.
- Guddoonka Aqalka Sare oo la Doortay January 22, 2017Xildhibaanada Aqalka Sare ee Somalia ayaa maanta doortay Guddoomiyaha Aqalka iyo labadiisa kuxigeen, iyada oo guddoomiyaha loo doortay Xildhibaan Cabdi Xaashi Cabdullaahi
- Gambia: Adama Barrow oo Banjul Tagaya January 22, 2017Madaxweynaha cusub ee dalka Gambia, Adama Barrow ayaa lagu wadaa in maanta uu gaaro xarunta dalka ee Banjul, ka dibna markii madaxweynihii hore, Yahye Jammeh uu ogolaaday inuu dalka ka baxo.
- Dhageyso: Barnaamijka Wicitaanka Dhageystaha January 22, 2017WASHINGTON. DC Barnaamijka Wicitaanka Dhageystaha ee VOA waxaa toddobaadkan marti ku ah Kabtankii hore ee Qaranka iyo kooxdii Horseed, Ibraahim Axmed Cali, Shaash. Barnaamijka waxaa soo diyaariyay soona jeedinayo Jaamac Buule Jaamac.
- Soomaalida Maraykanka oo si Firfrcoon uga Qaybqaadanaya Siyaasadda January 22, 2017Natiijada Doorashadii Maraykanka ayaa dhalisay dadaal dheeraad ah oo ay muujinayaan dadka laga tirada badanyahay ee dalkan Maraykanka, oo ku addaan siday kaalin firfircoon uga qaadan lahayeen hannaanka dimuqraadiyadda
- Taliyihii Booliska Sh/Dhexe oo la Dilay January 21, 2017Warar degdeg ah oo goor dhowayd naga soo gaadhay ayaa sheegaya in sarkaal sare lagu dilay magaalada Jawr ee xarunta Gobolka Shabeellada Dhexe.
- Boqolaal Kun oo Haween Ah oo ku Banaanbaxay Washington January 21, 2017Boqolaal kun oo qof oo u badan haween ayaa maanta ku bannaanabaxay fagaaraha National Mall ee Washington oo kasoo horjeeda Aqalka congress-ka oo shalay lagu dhaariyey madaxweynaha cusub ee Maraykanka Donald Trump.
- Barrow oo Sheegay inuu ku Laabanayo Gambia January 21, 2017Madaxweynaha cusub ee la doortay ee dalka Galbeedka Africa ku yaala ee Gambia Adama Barrow, ayaa fariin uu soo dhigay bogiisa Twitterka ku sheegay maanta oo Sabti ah inuu dalkiisa dib ugu noqonayo si uu awoodda ula wareego.
- Dareenka Soomaalida Mareykanka ee Trump January 21, 2017Donald John Trump ayaa shalay noqday madaxweynaha 45-aad ee dalka Mareykanka, wuxuuna dalka hoggaamin doonaa afarta sano ee soo socota.
- Dab Maanta ka Kacay Suuqa Bakaaraha January 21, 2017Wararka ka imanaya magaalada Muqdisho ayaa sheegaya in maanta duhurnimadii uu dab xooggan ka kacay qeyb ka mid ah suuqa ugu weyn Somalia ee Bakaaraha.
- Haweenka oo Maanta ku Dibadbaxaya Trump January 21, 2017Maalin kadib markii boqolaal kun oo qof ay ka qeyb galeen caleemo saarka madaxweynaha cusub ee Mareykanka Donald Trump, ayaa kumanaan qof oo kale la filayaa inay isugu soo baxaan magaalada Washington, si ay uga mudaaharaadaan siyaasadaha madaxweynaha cusub.
- Barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha January 21, 2017Kusoo dhawaada barnaamijka Hambalyada iyo Heesaha. Waxaa soo jeedinaya Ibraahim Xassan Garabeey (Daanbureey) iyo Caasha Ibraahim Aden (Caasha Cuud).
- Trump oo Noqday Madaxweynaha Mareykanka January 20, 2017Donald John Trump ayaa maanta noqday madaxweynaha 45-aad ee dalka Mareykanka, wuxuuna dalka hoggaamin doonaa afarta sano ee soo socota.
- Warbixin: Waa kuma Donald John Trump? January 20, 2017Donald John Trump oo sideeddii November 2016 loo doortay inuu noqdo madaxweynaha Mareykanka ayaa maanta xilkaas si rasmi ah u qaban doona marka la dhaariyo.
- Taariikhda Caleemo Saarka Madaxweynaha Mareykanka January 20, 2017Madaxweynaha la doortay ee Mareykanka Donald Trump ayaa maanta la caleemo saarayaa, waxaana munaasabadda dhaarta ee Donald Trump shaashadaha caalamnka ka daawan doono malaayiin qof.
- Yabarow iyo Jawiga Washington DC ee Maanta January 20, 2017Ku dhawaad hal milyan oo ruux ayaa goob jog u noqon doonta munaasabada lagu caleema saarayo laguna dhaarin doono madaxweyne Trump, halka malaayiin ruuxna ay ka daawan doonaan shaashaddaha caalamka.
- Al-Shabaab oo Weerar ku Qaaday Afgooye January 23, 2017
- Turkey's Erdogan Urges Tanzania to End Gulen Ties January 23, 2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday talked about trade and security on the first stop of an African tour, urging Tanzania's leader to shut institutions linked to a Muslim cleric who is accused by Turkey of leading a failed coup. Erdogan met Tanzanian President John Magufuli in the city of Dar es Salaam, and he will return to Turkey on Wedne […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- New Gambian Leader Wants Truth Commission on Jammeh Years January 23, 2017New Gambian President Adama Barrow says he will establish a truth and reconciliation commission to examine allegations of misrule during former president Yahya Jammeh’s 22 years in power. “Twenty-two years is a long time,” said Barrow in an interview Sunday with VOA. “People need to know the truth.” An adviser to Barrow told reporters Monday that before leav […]email@example.com (James Butty, Sainey Marenah)
- Top Hamas Leader in Gaza Visits Egypt, 1st Trip Since 2013 January 23, 2017The top Hamas official from the Gaza Strip has arrived in Egypt for meetings with security officials, the highest level visit by a member of the Palestinian militant group since Egypt's army overthrew an Islamist president in 2013. Ismail Haniyeh arrived late Sunday, Egyptian security officials said, as Hamas officials confirmed the visit. All spoke on […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Prices Soar, Families Use River Water As Islamic State Besieges Syrian City January 23, 2017Food prices have soared and families are drinking untreated river water in the Syrian city of Deir al-Zor, the U.N. children's agency UNICEF said on Monday, as a siege imposed by Islamic State threatens tens of thousands of civilians. Islamic State militants launched a fierce assault on Syrian government-held areas of Deir al-Zor earlier this month, cap […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Trump Set to Withdraw US from 12-Nation Pacific Rim Trade Deal January 23, 2017U.S. President Donald Trump is set Monday to withdraw the United States from the 12-nation Pacific Rim trade deal as he starts his first full week in office. The Trans-Pacific Partnership had been negotiated since 2009 during former President Barack Obama's White House tenure, but the U.S. Congress never ratified it, with numerous lawmakers opposed to o […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Ken Bredemeier)
- WHO: All People, Rich and Poor, Entitled to Good Health Care January 23, 2017The World Health Organization's director-general, Margaret Chan, is calling for greater equity in the delivery of health care for rich and poor alike. The WHO chief is urging delegates attending the agency’s annual executive board meeting to do more to close the health gap between the haves and have-nots. This is Margaret Chan’s last term as director-ge […]email@example.com (Lisa Schlein)
- Kenya Fits Lion with Tracking Device to Stop It Straying into Town January 23, 2017Kenyan authorities have fitted a tracking device a onto one of the 36 lions that live in a wildlife park on the outskirts of the capital city, aiming to stop the animals coming into unwanted contact with people. Human settlements have long been encroaching on the Nairobi National Park which was established in 1946 and gives visitors a chance to see lions, gi […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- 'Zoolander 2,' Affleck, De Niro Earn Razzie 'Worst' Film Nods January 23, 2017Fashion industry satire "Zoolander 2" led nominations on Monday for the annual Razzie Awards, a list of the year's worst films that includes performances by past Oscar winners Robert De Niro, Ben Affleck and Julia Roberts. The tongue-in-cheek Razzies, created in 1980, serve as an antidote to Hollywood's Oscars ceremony. Winners of the yea […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Britain Faces Migration Dilemma As It Looks To Commonwealth For Post-Brexit Trade January 23, 2017Britain has indicated that it will seek a so-called ‘hard’ exit from the European Union, likely to include leaving the Single Market, the world’s largest free trade bloc. Exit talks are set to begin later this year. The country is looking for new trading partners around the world, but as Henry Ridgwell reports, the government will find it difficult to balanc […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Henry Ridgwell)
- China Slams Abe for Dividing ASEAN January 23, 2017China is not happy with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's high-profile visits to the Philippines, Australia, Indonesia and Vietnam over concerns that he may be trying to pull the rug out from under Beijing's efforts to pacify its neighbors in and around the South China Sea. "The Japanese leader spared no effort in driving a wedge and playin […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Iraq Premier Orders Probe into Violations by Troops in Mosul January 23, 2017Iraq's prime minister on Monday ordered an investigation into violations of human rights and other abuses purportedly committed by government troops and paramilitary forces battling the Islamic State group to retake the city of Mosul. Haider al-Abadi said the probe will examine "cases of kidnappings, mistreatment and violations" against civili […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Associated Press)
- Rubio Faces Moment of Truth on Secretary of State Vote January 23, 2017All eyes are on Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida as a Senate committee is poised to vote on President Donald Trump's nominee to be secretary of state. The nomination of Rex Tillerson got a boost on Sunday after two influential Republican senators — John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina — offered tepid endorsements of the former Exxon […]email@example.com (Associated Press)
- Britain Faces Migration Dilemma as it Looks to Commonwealth for Post-Brexit Trade January 23, 2017Britain has indicated that is will seek a so-called "hard" exit from the European Union, likely to include leaving the Single Market, the world’s largest free trade bloc. The country is looking for new trading partners around the world, but the government will find it difficult to balance voters’ demands for lower immigration with the need for new […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Henry Ridgwell)
- Mauritius Prime Minister Hands Over Office to His Son January 23, 2017The prime minister of Mauritius has officially handed over the office to his son in a controversial transition of power. Outgoing Prime Minister Anerood Jugnauth, 86, said Monday, "The job of prime minister involves great responsibility. It is a great burden. I have carried it, but now it is time to make way for the youth...." Pravind Jugnauth, the […]email@example.com (VOA News)
- Ethics Watchdog to File Lawsuit Against Trump January 23, 2017Donald Trump's U.S. presidency is just a few days old, but an ethics watchdog is ready to file a lawsuit against him for allegedly violating an obscure clause in the Constitution. The progressive Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, says it intends to file the lawsuit Monday in federal court in Manhattan. The emoluments clause […]firstname.lastname@example.org (VOA News)
- Sentence of Bangladesh Security Force Members Triggers Mixed Reactions January 23, 2017A Bangladesh court verdict, in which 16 former members of Bangladesh’s Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) were handed death sentences for their involvement in the 2014 murder of seven people, has received mixed reactions. The court found 35 men, including 25 former RAB officials, guilty of the abduction and murder of a city mayor and leader of Bangladesh’s ruling […]email@example.com (Maaz Hussain)
- CAR Becomes Most Dangerous Spot for Aid Workers January 23, 2017Last year, humanitarian aid workers in the Central African Republic were involved in more than 365 security incidents — more than Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia. The security challenges in the C.A.R. make it difficult for aid workers to stay safe and to deliver much needed aid. About 2.2 million people here — nearly half of the population — are in nee […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Zack Baddorf)
- Thailand Backing Controversial Survey to Clear Mekong Islets January 23, 2017The Thai government is backing a plan by China to demolish islets and rocky outcrops on the Mekong River as part of a decade long project to boost shipping navigation from China's Yunnan province to Luang Prabang in Laos. The project, known as the Development Plan for International Navigation on the Lancang-Mekong River (2015-2025) is set in three phase […]email@example.com (Ron Corben)
- Canada's Trudeau, Ministers to Discuss Trump Plans for NAFTA January 23, 2017Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will begin a two-day retreat with his cabinet on Monday, focused mainly on the best approach to take with new U.S. President Donald Trump, whose vow to renegotiate NAFTA could damage Canada's economy. Trump said on Sunday he plans talks soon on the three-nation North American Free Trade Agreement, under which […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Reuters)
- To Save Forests, Tanzania Considers Tax on Charcoal January 23, 2017Tanzania is considering putting a tax on charcoal with the aim of discouraging the use of the fuel, which is a big source of energy for cooking but also a major contributor to deforestation. Officials say they believe making charcoal more expensive would significantly reduce demand for it and cut runaway tree felling in the east African nation. Justus Ntalik […]email@example.com (Reuters)
- Turkey's Erdogan Urges Tanzania to End Gulen Ties January 23, 2017
SOMALIA FAMINE RESPONSE TOO SLOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED NEEDLESSLY: REPORT
- Somalia Upper House Elects New Speaker - Voice of America January 22, 2017Voice of AmericaSomalia Upper House Elects New SpeakerVoice of AmericaSomalia's upper house of parliament has elected Senator Abdi Hashi Abdullahi as its speaker.The vote Sunday was the last major step toward holding the presidential election that has already been delayed several times. Former CEO of Goobjoog Media ...Somalia elects speaker of the Upper […]
- Guterres: Thousands of child soldiers fight in Somalia - Aljazeera.com January 20, 2017Aljazeera.comGuterres: Thousands of child soldiers fight in SomaliaAljazeera.comUN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres expressed alarm at reports that children may constitute a large part of the force recruited and used by the armed al-Shabab group in Somalia. In a report to the Security Council circulated this week, the UN chief ...UN Alarm That Most of Al-S […]
- Refugee Flow From Somalia, Afghanistan Continues Into US - Breitbart News January 22, 2017Breitbart NewsRefugee Flow From Somalia, Afghanistan Continues Into USBreitbart NewsIn the final days of the Obama Administration, 23 refugees came through Slovakia's Emergency Transit Centre from countries including Somalia, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Iraq and Eritrea, all of which have struggled with terrorism, according to the ...
- Somalia: Two killed, several injured in heavy fighting in Southern ... - Garowe Online January 22, 2017Garowe OnlineSomalia: Two killed, several injured in heavy fighting in Southern ...Garowe OnlineMAHADAY, Somalia- At least two people were killed, and several injured in a fierce battle between Somali National Army (SNA) backed by African Union forcse ...Police Commander Killed in Attack in Somalia's Middle Shebelle ...Voice of AmericaAl-Shabaab kills r […]
- Somalia's Crooked Route to Democracy - Somali Review (press release) (blog) January 23, 2017Somali Review (press release) (blog)Somalia's Crooked Route to DemocracySomali Review (press release) (blog)BAIDOA, Somalia— Abdiweli Ibrahim Ali Sheikh Mudey reclined in his plastic chair inside this war-torn city's fortified perimeter and cracked a smile behind his Ray Bans. He had just been elected, unopposed and unanimously, to Somalia's n […]
- Somalia Week in Focus: Top Stories (Jan. 20, 2017) – Somali Review - Somali Review (press release) (blog) January 23, 2017Somali Review (press release) (blog)Somalia Week in Focus: Top Stories (Jan. 20, 2017) – Somali ReviewSomali Review (press release) (blog)This week, a new United Nations report on the status of child soldiers in Somalia was released and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has joined calls fo.Somalia: Bomb at army base in Burhakabo kills five Somali soldier […]
- Somalia: Only early action will avert another catastrophe: UN relief official - Somali Review (press release) (blog) January 23, 2017Somali Review (press release) (blog)Somalia: Only early action will avert another catastrophe: UN relief officialSomali Review (press release) (blog)17 January 2017 – Faced with a 'slight but steady' increase in the number of people in need, the humanitarian community in Somalia launched today an $864 million to reach 3.9 million people with urgent […]
- QRCS to Commence Relief Intervention in Somalia [EN/AR ... - ReliefWeb January 22, 2017ReliefWebQRCS to Commence Relief Intervention in Somalia [EN/AR ...ReliefWebJanuary 22nd, 2017 ― Doha: Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) has sent a relief delegation to Somalia, to make a needs assessment and launch a relief ...altro »
- Crisis in the Horn of Africa: Somalia's Famine | Somalia | Al Jazeera - Aljazeera.com January 17, 2017UN News CentreCrisis in the Horn of Africa: Somalia's Famine | Somalia | Al JazeeraAljazeera.comREWIND revisits a Fault Lines probe into Somalia's disastrous 2011 famine and the role of US counterterrorism.Somalia: Only early action will avert another catastrophe, says senior UN relief officialUN News CentreUN Seeks Funds for Famine Prevention Amid […]
- Somalia urged to enforce law on sexual offences after gang rape of 16-year-old - The Guardian January 18, 2017The GuardianSomalia urged to enforce law on sexual offences after gang rape of 16-year-oldThe GuardianA Human Rights Watch report, published in 2014 (pdf), found sexual violence was pervasive in Somalia, which has suffered two decades of civil conflict. Rape victims, about a third of whom were children, were unlikely to report assaults due to a lack of ...Ra […]
- Somalia Upper House Elects New Speaker - Voice of America January 22, 2017
- 15 Years Behind Bars in Eritrea
- Kenya Is Abandoning Somali Refugees
- Provide Genuine Refuge to World’s Displaced
- Q&A: The Case of Hissène Habré before the Extraordinary African Chambers in Senegal
- At Ex-Dictator’s Trial, Women Reveal Dark Secrets
- Senegal: Dictator on Trial
- Senegal: Trial of Chad Ex-Dictator Begins
- Daniel Bekele
- Peter Bouckaert
- Zama Coursen-Neff
- Exiled former president Yahya Jammeh 'stole $11.4m' from the Gambia January 23, 2017Adviser to new president claims exiled ruler plundered state coffers and shipped out luxury vehicles by cargo planeYahya Jammeh, the authoritarian former ruler of the Gambia who went into exile at the weekend, stole millions of dollars in his final weeks in power, plundering the state coffers and shipping out luxury vehicles by cargo plane, a special adviser […]Jason Burke Africa correspondent and agencies
- Syria peace talks: shaky start as rebels refuse to negotiate face to face January 23, 2017Regime representative in Astana expresses anger as opposition calls for Assad militias to leave Syria so political process can beginPeace talks between the Syrian regime and opposition fighters got off to a shaky start after the rebels refused to negotiate face to face in the first session and the representative for Assad’s government described remarks by hi […]Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor
- 'Your only right is to obey': lawyer describes torture in China's secret jails January 23, 2017Human rights attorney Xie Yang says he was shackled, beaten and threatened, in transcripts released in protest at his continued incarcerationOn day one of his detention Xie Yang claims he was shackled to a metal chair and ordered to explain why he had joined an illegal anti-Communist party network.On day two he was moved to a secret prison and informed: “You […]Tom Phillips in Beijing
- Donald Trump's team defends 'alternative facts' after widespread protests January 23, 2017President and advisers push falsehoods about inauguration attendanceSecretary of state pick backed by key Republican senators Donald Trump began his first full week as US president firmly on the defensive, after millions of Americans took to the streets to protest against his election and the White House came under fire for brazenly lying to the public. Rela […]Jon Swaine
- Benoît Hamon tops poll in first round of French Socialist primary race January 22, 2017Leftwing outsider to face pro-business rightwinger Manuel Valls in final vote to pick party’s presidential candidateBenoît Hamon, the staunchly leftwing outsider who wants to introduce a universal basic income, legalise cannabis and tax robots has topped the poll in the first round of the French Socialist primary race to choose a presidential candidate. He w […]Angelique Chrisafis in Paris
- US 'at very beginning' of talks to move Israel embassy to Jerusalem January 22, 2017White House press spokesman says administration is in early stages of talks to fulfil Donald Trump’s pledge to move embassy from Tel AvivThe White House has said it is in the early stages of talks to fulfil Donald Trump’s pledge to move the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, an action that is likely to spark anger in the Arab world. “We are at […]Reuters in Washington
- Thousands march against prison pardons in Romania January 22, 2017Critics of plan said to be aimed at easing overcrowding claim it would help government allies convicted of corruptionThousands of people have marched through the Romanian capital and other cities to protest against a government proposal to pardon thousands of prisoners, which critics say could reverse the anti-corruption fight.More than 10,000 protesters gat […]Associated Press in Bucharest
- Israel reveals plans for nearly 600 settlement homes in East Jerusalem January 22, 2017Announcement comes just two days after inauguration of Donald Trump, who has promised more pro-Israel policiesIsrael has announced plans to build almost 600 new settlement homes in occupied East Jerusalem, just two days after Donald Trump’s inauguration as US president, with officials stating the “rules of the game have changed”.The announcement by the Jerus […]Peter Beaumont in Jerusalem
- Greek court to decide on fate of eight Turkish soldiers January 23, 2017Public support increasing for men who fled to Greece after attempted coup in Turkey in case seen as test for European valuesGreece’s supreme court will decide this week on the fate of eight Turkish military officers who fled their country a day after last year’s attempted coup in a case that has triggered outrage among intellectuals and is viewed as a test f […]Helena Smith in Athens
- Suspected US drone strikes kill three al-Qaida suspects in Yemen, officials say January 22, 2017First strikes under President Trump reported by Yemeni officialsUse of unmanned aircraft for strikes increased dramatically under ObamaSuspected US drone strikes have killed three alleged al-Qaida operatives in Yemen’s south-western Bayda province, security and tribal officials said, the first such killings reported in the country since Donald Trump assumed […]Associated Press in Sanaa
- Italy avalanche: rescuers refuse to give up hope of finding survivors January 22, 2017Rescue crews digging through hotel wreckage say some of 23 people missing might still be found aliveRescue crews digging through an Italian hotel buried in an avalanche say there could be additional survivors more than three days after tonnes of snow came barrelling down a mountainside.Rescuers told reporters in the central Apennine mountains on Sunday morni […]Associated Press
- Pope Francis to 'wait and see' before forming opinion on Trump January 22, 2017Pontiff says he will observe how new US president acts but offers warning to Europeans against populismPope Francis has said he would not offer an opinion on Donald Trump until he first had a chance to see specific policies the new US president would implement. Related: Happy birthday, Pope Francis – for God’s sake don’t retire | Paul Vallely Continue readin […]Reuters
- India train crash: 36 killed in Andhra Pradesh derailment January 22, 2017Eight coaches of the Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar express came off the tracks during the night in the south-east of the country, leaving 50 people injuredThirty six people were killed and 50 injured after an express train derailed in south-east India on Saturday night in the latest disaster to hit one of the world’s largest rail networks.Eight coaches and the engin […]Agence France-Presse and Reuters
- Yahya Jammeh leaves the Gambia after 22 years of rule January 21, 2017Yahya Jammeh has flown out of Banjul to make way for Adama Barrow, in Gambia’s first democratic transition of powerYahya Jammeh, the former Gambian president, has left the country after he finally agreed to step down following 22 years of rule. Related: The Gambia: defeated president backs down and agrees to go into exile Continue reading...Ruth Maclean in Banjul, and agencies
- New online generation takes up Holocaust denial January 22, 2017Conspiracy theorists are flocking to outlandish websites, warns lecturerA new generation of Holocaust deniers is emerging through a clutch of popular “gateway” conspiracy theories, according to one of the UK’s leading experts on the subject.As Denial, a film about the disgraced historian and notorious Holocaust denier David Irving, hits cinemas later this mo […]Jamie Doward
- UK scientists bid to solve mystery deaths of hundreds of baby southern right whales January 22, 2017Two-year project aims to learn why carcasses have washed up on Argentina’s coastResearchers are to launch an investigation into the unexplained deaths of hundreds of young southern right whales, one of the planet’s most vulnerable marine species.The £740,000 project – jointly funded by Defra, the UK environment department, and the EU – will involve researche […]Robin McKie Science Editor
- Courgette crisis: Spanish farmers hope the worst is over January 22, 2017Cold snap forces up some vegetable prices by more than double in past week alone. Solace for some Murcia farmers, tragedy for othersManuel Martínez points to the distant, snow-dusted peaks that rise above the pines and palms and gives voice to a thought to chill the hearts and panic the stomachs of vegetable lovers.“We get snow like this maybe every 15 years […]Sam Jones in Campo de Cartagena, Murcia
- The changing story of Donald Trump’s tax returns – video January 23, 2017President Donald Trump has been saying for a long time that he will release his tax returns following a supposed audit. But now, Kellyanne Conway, a senior counselor to the President, confirmed to ABC’s This Week this will not happen. This means Trump will break a 40-year tradition and not show Americans the extent of his financial interests and obligations […]Stefania Orlando
- May to discuss how to boost US-UK migration with Trump, say sources January 23, 2017PM’s approach following exploratory talks with Australia raises prospect of a ‘kith and kin’ immigration policy after BrexitTheresa May wants to explore how to boost US-UK migration when she meets President Donald Trump this week as part of their talks over an early trade deal, according to British government sources.The disclosure follows hard on the heels […]Alan Travis home affairs editor
- Razzies 2017: Zoolander 2 leads losers with nine nominations January 23, 2017Batman v Superman is a close contender in the Golden Raspberry awards, as the longlist of last year’s ‘crop of cinematic crap’ is releasedIt’s shaping up to be one of the great movie face-offs of the year: Batman v Superman v Zoolander. The nominees for the Golden Raspberry awards, AKA the Razzies, have been announced, and it looks like it will be a titanic […]Andrew Pulver
- Exiled former president Yahya Jammeh 'stole $11.4m' from the Gambia January 23, 2017
AFTER THE KENYAN INTERVENTION IN SOMALIA
ETHIOPIA: FORCED RELOCATIONS BRING HUNGER, HARDSHIP
- The Gambia 'missing millions' after Jammeh flies into exile January 23, 2017State coffers are said to be empty as the capital prepares for the return of President Adama Barrow.
- #GraceBibleChurch: Soweto church embroiled in homophobia row January 23, 2017South African church trends on social media after celebrity accuses visiting pastor of homophobia.
- Togo keeper may not play after house attack January 23, 2017Togo coach Claude LeRoy says Kossi Agassa can miss Wednesday's Nations Cup match against DR Congo after the goalkeeper's house was vandalised.
- Afcon 2017: Aubameyang blames lack of preparation for exit January 23, 2017Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang blames a lack of preparation time for the hosts' early exit from the Nations Cup.
- Giulio Regeni: Egypt allows CCTV footage to be examined January 22, 2017Foreign experts will examine video from where Giulio Regeni is thought to have last been seen alive.
- Mauritius: PM Anerood Jugnauth to hand over to son January 22, 2017Anerood Jugnauth, 86, says he will resign in favour of a younger leader - his own son, Pravind.
- Did corruption lead to more Ebola deaths? January 23, 2017Two years ago, a report showed $14m earmarked for the fight against Ebola in Sierra Leone had not been accounted for. The money is still missing.
- The Gambia: 'Concern' over missing state millions January 23, 2017More than $11m (£8.8m) is missing from The Gambia's state coffers after its leader's departure.
- The Gambia's adviser: Jammeh took 'a lot of money' January 23, 2017Adviser to The Gambia's president accuses ex-leader of taking $11.3m from the government.
- Some reasons from Kenya, India and Germany January 22, 2017While women marched on Washington DC, why did others march around the world? Here are some reasons from Kenya, India and Germany.
- What do Africans think of Trump? January 21, 2017We asked Africans to tell us their thoughts on the inauguration of US President Trump and how his presidency might effect Africa.
- Gambian army chief joins in President Barrow celebrations January 20, 2017Gambian army chief Ousman Badjie dances with supporters of internationally backed President Adama Barrow.
- Afcon 2017: Caf takes action after website 'hacked' January 23, 2017The Confederation of African Football moves to protect its website after it appeared to be hacked at the weekend.
- Afcon 2017: Cameroon 'hungry' to play - Broos January 23, 2017Cameroon coach Hugo Bross believes his side now have the right mentality for success at the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Nancy Kacungira: Obama and Africa January 18, 2017As Barack Obama steps down as US president, the BBC's Nancy Kacungira looks back at his legacy in Africa.
- Emmanuel Igunza: Why cars are a luxury in Ethiopia January 16, 2017Owning a car for many Ethiopians - even those with ready cash to spend in one of the world's fastest-growing economies - remains a pipe dream, writes Emmanuel Igunza.
- Pumza Fihlani: South Africa's booze battle January 13, 2017South Africa knows it has a huge problem with drink-driving and is considering some tough measures to tackle it, writes the BBC's Pumza Fihlani.
- Africa's 2016 in pictures December 31, 2016A selection of the most striking news images from the African continent this year.
- Preserving rural Mali December 23, 2016Photographer Boukary Konate is documenting scenes from rural life in his native Mali for the "internet generation", and before this way of life disappears entirely.
- 'Extravagant grannies...' November 2, 2016This year's Lagos Photo Festival in Nigeria brings together well-known photographers and their take on identity in Africa.
- The Gambia 'missing millions' after Jammeh flies into exile January 23, 2017
- ‘Gambia Is Back Again,’ but Its New Leader Is Still in Senegal January 22, 2017
- Defeated Gambian Leader Ends Standoff and Boards a Flight Into Exile January 21, 2017
- A Colonial-Era Wound Opens in Namibia January 22, 2017
- Death Toll Escalates in Mistaken Bombing of Nigerian Camp January 20, 2017
- Yahya Jammeh Agrees to Step Down, as 45,000 Flee Amid Gambia Standoff January 21, 2017
- Troops Enter Gambia as New President Is Sworn In January 21, 2017
- William Onyeabor, Reclusive African Electro-Funk Pioneer, Dies at 70 January 19, 2017
- Trilobites: Fishing for Clues to Solve Namibia’s Fairy Circle Mystery January 19, 2017
- Reporter's Notebook: When Journalism Meets Civil Disobedience January 19, 2017
- Death Toll in Mistaken Bombing of Camp in Nigeria Climbs to 70 January 18, 2017